MNF - why not a mid-season reschedule to avoid sucktastic matchups like tonight?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • oxcoug
    Dolphins Rape Hipsters
    • Dec 2009
    • 5309

    #1

    MNF - why not a mid-season reschedule to avoid sucktastic matchups like tonight?

    Weeks 12-16 always have a couple of total MNF suckfests.

    I understand that organizations have to plan ahead but why can't the league at least re-evaluate the schedule at week 8 and switch out some of the suckier late season MNF matchups for the good ones?

    OK - I'm sure there are like 50 reasons. I just hate the fact that I look forward to MNF every week and then they serve crap like this.
    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

    It can't all be wedding cake.
  • Donuthole
    Official Outgayer
    • Nov 2008
    • 25270

    #2
    Sunday night is the new Monday night, FYI. At least in the NFL.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

    Comment

    • Uncle Ted
      The Big 12 money shot.
      • Apr 2010
      • 28853

      #3
      Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      Sunday night is the new Monday night, FYI. At least in the NFL.
      Family Home Evening started about the same time as MNF. I would how long it will be until the church announces yet another program on Sunday nights to take up our valuable NFL viewing time. Of course, for me and my house MNF is usually our favorite FHE activity.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • oxcoug
        Dolphins Rape Hipsters
        • Dec 2009
        • 5309

        #4
        And here we are again.

        It wouldn't even be possible to come up with a less interesting matchup. Two teams w/ losing records.
        Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

        It can't all be wedding cake.

        Comment

        • UtahJazzFan88
          Jazz | Utes | Raiders
          • Oct 2011
          • 1678

          #5
          NFL needs to implement some sort of flex scheduling for MNF. Maybe limit how many times a team can be on it during the season so other teams get a chance, and have SNF get the first pick of flexed games, but yeah, MNF games are starting to be attendance boosters now, not even competitive games.

          Comment

          Working...