2011 NBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 NBA Draft

Chad Ford's first full mock draft came out today.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...ckDraft-110505

1) Wolves - Irving
    2) Cavs - Williams
    3) Raptors - Kanter
    4) Wizards - Vesely
    5) Kings - Walker
    6) Jazz - Knight
    7) Pistons - Biyombo
    8) Cavs - Valanuciunus
    9) Bobcats - Leonard
    10) Bucks - Thompson
    11) Warriors - T. Jones
    12) Jazz - Burks
    13) Suns - Jimmer
    14) Rockets - Hamilton
    15) Pacers - Marcus Morris
    16) 76ers - Montiejunas
    17) Knicks - Markieff Morris
    18) Wizards - Klay Thompson
    19) Bobcats - Reggie Jackson
    20) Wolves - Nikola Nirotic
    21) Blazers - Faried
    22) Nuggets - Tobias Harris
    23) Rockets - Darius Morris
    24) Thunder - Tyler Honyecutt
    25) Celtics - Chris Singleton
    26) Mavs - Davis Bertans
    27) Nets - Justin Harper
    28) Bulls - Charles Jenkins
    29) Spurs - Lucas Noguiera
    30) Bulls - Bogan Bogdanovic

Next 5 in: Josh Selby, Trey Thompkins, Travis Leslie, Jon Leuer, JuJuan Johnson

Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
    Chad Ford's first full mock draft came out today.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...ckDraft-110505

1) Wolves - Irving
    2) Cavs - Williams
    3) Raptors - Kanter
    4) Wizards - Vesely
    5) Kings - Walker
    6) Jazz - Knight
    7) Pistons - Biyombo
    8) Cavs - Valanuciunus
    9) Bobcats - Leonard
    10) Bucks - Thompson
    11) Warriors - T. Jones
    12) Jazz - Burks
    13) Suns - Jimmer
    14) Rockets - Hamilton
    15) Pacers - Marcus Morris
    16) 76ers - Montiejunas
    17) Knicks - Markieff Morris
    18) Wizards - Klay Thompson
    19) Bobcats - Reggie Jackson
    20) Wolves - Nikola Nirotic
    21) Blazers - Faried
    22) Nuggets - Tobias Harris
    23) Rockets - Darius Morris
    24) Thunder - Tyler Honyecutt
    25) Celtics - Chris Singleton
    26) Mavs - Davis Bertans
    27) Nets - Justin Harper
    28) Bulls - Charles Jenkins
    29) Spurs - Lucas Noguiera
    30) Bulls - Bogan Bogdanovic

Next 5 in: Josh Selby, Trey Thompkins, Travis Leslie, Jon Leuer, JuJuan Johnson
    So the Kings take another SG to play PG?

I don't like the Knight pick at all for the Jazz. I don't think Selby slips to the 2nd round either. And the Wolves take another PG. Remember when they drafted like 13 of them in one draft?
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      So the Kings take another SG to play PG?

I don't like the Knight pick at all for the Jazz. I don't think Selby slips to the 2nd round either. And the Wolves take another PG. Remember when they drafted like 13 of them in one draft?
      Funny that Ford's explanation for taking Walker for the Kings is that they've finally realized that Tyreke Evans isn't a PG. How long until they realize that Walker isn't either?

Something that keeps coming up with Knight is that he had questionable PG skills coming out of high school. Yet he played more PG as a freshman in college than Walker did this year.

Comment

I'm fine with Knight/Burks. There was a time when I was hoping Knight would be there at the 12 pick, but this draft has turned into such a steaming pile that Kemba Walker is projected 5th.
        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
          I'm fine with Knight/Burks. There was a time when I was hoping Knight would be there at the 12 pick, but this draft has turned into such a steaming pile that Kemba Walker is projected 5th.
          The back end of that first round projection looks like a joke.

Comment

The back end of that first round projection looks like a joke.
            This draft sucks. I'm glad the Lakers don't have a 1st round pick.
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

Funny that Ford's explanation for taking Walker for the Kings is that they've finally realized that Tyreke Evans isn't a PG. How long until they realize that Walker isn't either?

Something that keeps coming up with Knight is that he had questionable PG skills coming out of high school. Yet he played more PG as a freshman in college than Walker did this year.
              I read his comments after seeing the draft order you posted and had a WTF moment. Did he watch Kemba play at all?
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

This draft sucks. I'm glad the Lakers don't have a 1st round pick.
                I'm betting a lot of teams are going to try to unload those late first round picks. I doubt that there are going to be a lot of takers for those picks. I wish the Blazers didn't have a pick in this draft.
                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                  I'm betting a lot of teams are going to try to unload those late first round picks. I doubt that there are going to be a lot of takers for those picks. I wish the Blazers didn't have a pick in this draft.
                  Yeah, like you said few takers. This will be a wild draft though as I think you may some teams take a few flyers just to see if they can pick the next Ginobli or something.
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, like you said few takers. This will be a wild draft though as I think you may some teams take a few flyers just to see if they can pick the next Ginobli or something.
                    Which is why the early 2nd round draft picks will have a lot of value. You can take a flyer without a guaranteed contract.
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

nbadraft has the Jazz taking Vesely and Jimmer. Now that would suck. I'm not sure what to make of Vesely. I was watching some videos of him the other day -- great athlete with some serious bounce, but I don't know how much of a basketball player he is yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                        Which is why the early 2nd round draft picks will have a lot of value. You can take a flyer without a guaranteed contract.
                        Yup.

Aside from falling short against Florida, Jimmer's stars have really aligned. He's fortunate to be a part of this class.
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

Aside from falling short against Florida, Jimmer's stars have really aligned. He's fortunate to be a part of this class.
                          I don't understand the Florida stigma. How annoying was it to read about scouts sending Ford texts saying "I told you so" after that game? He played the exact same freaking team the year before and dusted their asses. He's allowed to have a off night without people making definitive conclusions out of it for cyring out loud.

Comment

nbadraft has the Jazz taking Vesely and Jimmer. Now that would suck. I'm not sure what to make of Vesely. I was watching some videos of him the other day -- great athlete with some serious bounce, but I don't know how much of a basketball player he is yet.
                            I think DX usually does a pretty good job of covering the Euro's and they seem to have been pretty up and down on Vesely. They'd watch him once and be blown away by a 4-5 minute spurt of his where he'd make some amazing plays, but then the rest of that game and the next time they'd watch him they'd say he looked completely disinterested and lacked energy.

Sounds to me like a kid who doesn't necessarily enjoy playing the game a ton, which isn't good news when he lacks a lot of basketball skill. I can't see why he'd be the pick over Biyombo if both were on the board. Biyombo at least seems to play hard more frequently and is satisfied to do better work as a rebounder and on defense.

Comment

you would take knight over biyombo (sp?)?

Comment

Working...
                              X