The fix is on in NASCAR

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RC Vikings
    Known Heterosexual
    • Nov 2008
    • 8789

    #1

    The fix is on in NASCAR



    Tony Kornheiser suggested that Dale Jr may have gotten some extra help in winning the pole for Daytona last week and then yesterday Michael Waltrip wins a truck race at Daytona on the tenth university of Earnhardt death. Waltrip was a teammate of Earnhardt and got the victory the day Earnhardt died. Is NASCAR playing to the emotions of the redneck crowd?
  • wuapinmon
    Soul Plumber
    • Dec 2008
    • 30711

    #2
    For a donation to the Red Cross today, we got to drive our Honda Odyssey around the track at Darlington four times. I'd be lying if I said anything other than it was AWESOME!

    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

    Comment

    • Indy Coug
      Heartless Bastard
      • Dec 2008
      • 18747

      #3
      That's pretty cool.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

      http://twitter.com/CougarStats

      Comment

      • mtnbiker
        it's all a blur
        • Mar 2009
        • 2573

        #4
        Pretty fun. How fast did you get it cranked up to? (Not that an Oddyssey can crank it up much.) Was it just you, or did the whole family go for the ride?

        Comment

        • il Padrino Ute
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 19161

          #5
          Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
          http://tucsoncitizen.com/usa-today-s...ona-500-fixed/

          Tony Kornheiser suggested that Dale Jr may have gotten some extra help in winning the pole for Daytona last week and then yesterday Michael Waltrip wins a truck race at Daytona on the tenth university of Earnhardt death. Waltrip was a teammate of Earnhardt and got the victory the day Earnhardt died. Is NASCAR playing to the emotions of the redneck crowd?
          So, NASCAR is favoring the superstars?

          NASCAR fans rejoice; it's now an official professional sport.
          "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


          "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

          Comment

          • wuapinmon
            Soul Plumber
            • Dec 2008
            • 30711

            #6
            Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
            Pretty fun. How fast did you get it cranked up to? (Not that an Oddyssey can crank it up much.) Was it just you, or did the whole family go for the ride?
            The whole family. There was a pace car, so you couldn't go faster than him, and you couldn't pass, so the fastest I got it up to was mid-60's. My wife got white-knuckled at that speed because it's not level, so I didn't go faster than that. Two cars ahead of us was a Ferrari, seriously. It had a Pontiac Gran Prix in front of it, that never got above 55, so it was going slowly, and then gunning it. When we left, he turned around and got back in line, probably out of frustration. My son was infinitely more interested in the local news people following us and filming than the actual drive. My baby kept saying, "Kachow" over and over.
            "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
            The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

            Comment

            • Uncle Ted
              The Big 12 money shot.
              • Apr 2010
              • 28853

              #7
              Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
              For a donation to the Red Cross today, we got to drive our Honda Odyssey around the track at Darlington four times. I'd be lying if I said anything other than it was AWESOME!

              Yes indeed. I have done this a few times at the Texas speedway. How fast did you get her going?


              Edit: 60? You should bumped the pace car and traded some paint

              Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              Working...