Wow......PHX suns

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #1

    Wow......PHX suns

    Did anyone check that score? Phoenix has already scored 81 points and the 3rd quarter just started. The Clippers have 41 points.

    I guess they really are built for a run-and-gun offense.

    If I were Shaq, I would be polishing up my resume. Maybe even tonight.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic
  • SteelBlue
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 8189

    #2
    140-100 final score. Yikes.

    Comment

    • HuskyFreeNorthwest
      Time to camp
      • Nov 2008
      • 26082

      #3
      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      Did anyone check that score? Phoenix has already scored 81 points and the 3rd quarter just started. The Clippers have 41 points.

      I guess they really are built for a run-and-gun offense.

      If I were Shaq, I would be polishing up my resume. Maybe even tonight.
      Name the last team that didn't have Magic Johnson on it that won a ring pushing the ball at a crazy pace? Oh and Magic had a decent post player on his squads, I think. If PHX is going anywhere it is with Shaq playing a role in the playoffs.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

      Comment

      • il Padrino Ute
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 19161

        #4
        Is Westhead coaching the Suns? Or against the Suns? I think his Denver team still holds the record for most points given up in a half - something like 115 or so against Phoenix when he was coaching the Nuggets?
        "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


        "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

        Comment

        • Donuthole
          Official Outgayer
          • Nov 2008
          • 25268

          #5
          Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
          Is Westhead coaching the Suns? Or against the Suns? I think his Denver team still holds the record for most points given up in a half - something like 115 or so against Phoenix when he was coaching the Nuggets?
          You pretend to hate the NBA, but you're not fooling anyone.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

          There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

          Comment

          • Donuthole
            Official Outgayer
            • Nov 2008
            • 25268

            #6
            Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            Name the last team that didn't have Magic Johnson on it that won a ring pushing the ball at a crazy pace? Oh and Magic had a decent post player on his squads, I think. If PHX is going anywhere it is with Shaq playing a role in the playoffs.
            Agreed. The net result of this will be that fans will turn out for the next few weeks as PHX makes a push for a 6-8 seed. Ultimately, though, they will run out of gas, Nash will wear down, and the fans will go back to realizing that their team turned down Joe Johnson at 8 million per and ultimately ended up with Jason Richardson at 13 million per to show for it.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

            There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

            Comment

            • MarkGrace
              Grooveshark dick tease
              • Dec 2008
              • 31546

              #7
              Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              Name the last team that didn't have Magic Johnson on it that won a ring pushing the ball at a crazy pace?
              And those 80s Lakers team surprisingly didn't play as fast as you might expect relative to the league at the time.

              The 5 championship teams that decade ranked 4th, 8th, 8th, 10th, and 11th in pace.
              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

              Comment

              • il Padrino Ute
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 19161

                #8
                Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                You pretend to hate the NBA, but you're not fooling anyone.
                No, I hate today's NBA. If we could go back to the NBA of the 80s and 90s, I would be a huge fan.
                "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                Comment

                • FN Phat
                  I ♥ gateway sex
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 8691

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  Agreed. The net result of this will be that fans will turn out for the next few weeks as PHX makes a push for a 6-8 seed. Ultimately, though, they will run out of gas, Nash will wear down, and the fans will go back to realizing that their team turned down Joe Johnson at 8 million per and ultimately ended up with Jason Richardson at 13 million per to show for it.
                  Jason Richardson ejoys the run and gun mentality of the Suns. So much so that he trys to out-run the fuzz with his 3 year old in the back seat of his car....not in a car seat.
                  I'm your huckleberry.


                  "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                  Comment

                  • Flystripper
                    Degenerate Gambler
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 14089

                    #10
                    Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                    No, I hate today's NBA. If we could go back to the NBA of the 80s and 90s, I would be a huge fan.
                    Today's NBA is a much better product than the of just a few years ago. Today's NBA is every bit as good as the NBA of the 80s and yes I am very familiar with the NBA of the 80s. If you like basketball you should really give it a chance again.
                    Dyslexics are teople poo...

                    Comment

                    • il Padrino Ute
                      Junior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 19161

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                      Today's NBA is a much better product than the of just a few years ago. Today's NBA is every bit as good as the NBA of the 80s and yes I am very familiar with the NBA of the 80s. If you like basketball you should really give it a chance again.
                      I dunno. I really hate what it became.

                      Perhaps I'll give it another try sometime down the road.
                      "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                      "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                      Comment

                      • Flystripper
                        Degenerate Gambler
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 14089

                        #12
                        Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                        I dunno. I really hate what it became.

                        Perhaps I'll give it another try sometime down the road.
                        what it became? I don't think it is what you think it became.
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

                        Comment

                        • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                          Time to camp
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 26082

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                          Today's NBA is a much better product than the of just a few years ago. Today's NBA is every bit as good as the NBA of the 80s and yes I am very familiar with the NBA of the 80s. If you like basketball you should really give it a chance again.
                          I agree, I had this argument with my oldest brother a couple weeks ago when he was here visiting. The NBA went through a bad stretch after Jordan retired from the Bulls for the second time. But the NBA is great right now, lots of talent, a great western conference and guys play like games matter again.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

                          Comment

                          • il Padrino Ute
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 19161

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                            what it became? I don't think it is what you think it became.
                            Lots and lots of one-on-one? Free throw shooting contest? It didn't become this?
                            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                            Comment

                            • Donuthole
                              Official Outgayer
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 25268

                              #15
                              Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
                              Lots and lots of one-on-one? Free throw shooting contest? It didn't become this?
                              It became that for a time. But it is no longer that. So perhaps what he meant was "It isn't what you think it is."
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                              There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                              Comment

                              Working...