Re the idiots with the nosebleed SB seats that didn't exist

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Color Me Badd Fan
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 12519

    #1

    Re the idiots with the nosebleed SB seats that didn't exist

    The seats these people had were uber-shitty. The NFL tried to accommodate them for the game but inevitably couldn't completely satisfy them with respect to the game itself.

    So the NFL comps them SB tickets to a SB of their choice in the future along with roundtrip airfare and a hotel stay. I think they also refunded them triple the face value of their ticket in Dallas.

    And these idiots are still bitching about it and now they've filed a lawsuit. What exactly are they hoping for in contractual damages? Do they think it will exceed what the NFL has already offered them? Only punitive damages would exceed what the NFL has offered and this simply isn't a case that calls for punitive damages.

    The NFL should tell them to take the offer or shove it and the NFL will take their chances in court against whatever Glen Lerner-esque clown (google him) decided to take on this case for the disgruntled fans. Just a hunch, but I imagine the NFL can outlawyer these whiny a-holes.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”
  • cougjunkie
    *Banned*
    • Nov 2008
    • 23223

    #2
    Exactly they are idiots. The NFL gave them field level seats behind the Steelers bench they were pissed because the players were in their way. The NFL gives them free food and drinks throughout the game. Tickets to a future superbowl ($1800 face value on the tickets) hotel, airfare, etc. Then gives them $2400 a piece for their $800 tickets. The seats they were given were a huge upgrade to begin with.

    They are lame and I hope it costs them grundles in attorney fees and they don't get shit.
    *Banned*

    Comment

    • Surfah
      Where's Wallace?
      • Nov 2008
      • 33726

      #3
      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      Exactly they are idiots. The NFL gave them field level seats behind the Steelers bench they were pissed because the players were in their way. The NFL gives them free food and drinks throughout the game. Tickets to a future superbowl ($1800 face value on the tickets) hotel, airfare, etc. Then gives them $2400 a piece for their $800 tickets. The seats they were given were a huge upgrade to begin with.

      They are lame and I hope it costs them grundles in attorney fees and they don't get shit.
      They got to go on the field as well after the game. On First Take today they had a father and daughter on who had their seats messed up. They both said it was great. They were asked about the class action suit and the father said he was a lawyer and said he hasn't seen the suit yet but doesn't believe in litigating over something like that.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

      Comment

      • cougjunkie
        *Banned*
        • Nov 2008
        • 23223

        #4
        Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        They got to go on the field as well after the game. On First Take today they had a father and daughter on who had their seats messed up. They both said it was great. They were asked about the class action suit and the father said he was a lawyer and said he hasn't seen the suit yet but doesn't believe in litigating over something like that.
        This is a great case for Falafel for once someone deserves to pay a shit load of money and not get anything in return.
        *Banned*

        Comment

        • Blueintheface
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 15382

          #5
          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          They got to go on the field as well after the game. On First Take today they had a father and daughter on who had their seats messed up. They both said it was great. They were asked about the class action suit and the father said he was a lawyer and said he hasn't seen the suit yet but doesn't believe in litigating over something like that.
          Was he immediately disbarred?
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

          "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

          Comment

          • falafel
            loves to talk on things
            • Mar 2009
            • 37988

            #6
            Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            This is a great case for Falafel for once someone deserves to pay a shit load of money and not get anything in return.
            Thanks for the referral, but I don't I will take the case. I'm too busy defending all the tool bags in the mortgage industry responsible for ruining the economy.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

            Dig your own grave, and save!

            "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

            "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

            Comment

            • Uncle Ted
              The Big 12 money shot.
              • Apr 2010
              • 28853

              #7
              What are these guys complaining about? They could of had seats like this.

              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

              Comment

              • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                Time to camp
                • Nov 2008
                • 26082

                #8
                Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                What are these guys complaining about? They could of had seats like this.

                Those are real seats in a new arena? That seems like something you would see from a 70 year old building.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

                Comment

                • Uncle Ted
                  The Big 12 money shot.
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 28853

                  #9
                  Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                  Those are real seats in a new arena? That seems like something you would see from a 70 year old building.
                  People were paying good money for folding chair seats and the opportunity to stand outside to watch the superbowl.

                  I believe the above mentioned seats that the NFL sold were seats that the fire marshall declared were unsafe just before the game. I heard something about that on the news.
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                  Comment

                  Working...