The Official Jimmerphilia Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Flystripper
    Degenerate Gambler
    • Nov 2008
    • 14089

    #481
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    PAC, I could watch that animated GIF all day. I especially like how that guy in the front row raises up to signal three points before the ball gets to the basket. I am hoping that is our very own K-Dog.
    seriously I was just going to post this. I just spent 5 minutes watching that over and over.

    I am having a hard time thinking of anything that isn't Jimmer related.
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

    Comment

    • cougjunkie
      *Banned*
      • Nov 2008
      • 23223

      #482
      Jimmer officially has a twitter account!

      @JimFredette

      Go follow him. Also Seth Davis tweet that they will no longer be called tweets they will be called Jeets because Twitter is now Jimmers house.
      *Banned*

      Comment

      • Color Me Badd Fan
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2009
        • 12519

        #483
        I was going to mention after the Utah game that Jimmer was easily a top 5 all-time BYU athlete along with Jimmy Mac, Steve Young, Danny Ainge and Ty Detmer. Then as the coverage started building, I thought he was on the Mt. Rushmore along with Ainge, Detmer and McMahon (although you could swap out McMahon for Steve Young, I just think that McMahon had the more spectacular college career).

        I think Jimmer may now be the signature athlete in the history of BYU Athletics. Obviously BYU needs to win some games in the tourney, but Jimmer seems to have become this crazy sports phenomenon -- I simply can't remember any recent college BB player getting this much pub. He dominates all sports coverage whenever he plays. Just now during the MSU v. Mich game the color guy just said during the flow of the game that "he's no Jimmer, but you still need to know where that guy is when they're on offense."
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

        Comment

        • cougjunkie
          *Banned*
          • Nov 2008
          • 23223

          #484
          Just saw a random tweet that said:

          "Saw some mormon missionaries outside ran to see if they knew Jimmer"

          Also Kawhi Leonard tweeted after the game:

          Good Game Jimmer.
          *Banned*

          Comment

          • PaloAltoCougar
            Semper infra dignitatem
            • Nov 2008
            • 16936

            #485
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            PAC, I could watch that animated GIF all day. I especially like how that guy in the front row raises up to signal three points before the ball gets to the basket. I am hoping that is our very own K-Dog.
            Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
            seriously I was just going to post this. I just spent 5 minutes watching that over and over.
            It's mesmerizing, isn't it? The amount of space he creates against an athletic defender (one can hear the sound of ankles cracking) is pretty amazing for what was once a chubby little kid. The gif shall remain in my signature space for a bit.

            Comment

            • Viking
              Banned
              • Jun 2009
              • 6470

              #486
              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              PAC, I could watch that animated GIF all day. I especially like how that guy in the front row raises up to signal three points before the ball gets to the basket. I am hoping that is our very own K-Dog.
              I don't know who K-Dog is but that guy looks like Boston Coug over on CB.

              Comment

              • Coach McGuirk
                1
                • Nov 2008
                • 12109

                #487
                Originally posted by Viking View Post
                I don't know who K-Dog is but that guy looks like Boston Coug over on CB.
                Pretty postive That is my bro in law. He is not Boston coug or k dog.

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #488
                  It is interesting what people notice in PAC's animated gif.

                  Why isnt Rogers getting any love for following the shot to crash the boards?! Way to go, 21!!!! Fundamentals, baby!
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • Surfah
                    Where's Wallace?
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 33726

                    #489
                    Time is now getting in on Jimmermania. What a week. WSJ. USA Today. SI. No publication too big for Jimmer.

                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Surfah
                      Where's Wallace?
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 33726

                      #490
                      Focus.

                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • Surfah
                        Where's Wallace?
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 33726

                        #491
                        Originally posted by RedSox View Post
                        What did he say?
                        [YOUTUBE]I_ei3A3PWsQ[/YOUTUBE]
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • Surfah
                          Where's Wallace?
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 33726

                          #492
                          Adam Duritz loves Jimmer, Mr. Jones and me. Here's his twitter convo with ElectricPencils last night:

                          @ElectricPencils I just saw that game. San Diego St is great & Jimmer Fredette dropped 43 pts & a loss on them effortlessly
                          @ElectricPencils He's not undersized at PG & he can ball. He's got a ridiculously good handle on the ball & his crossover's an ankle-breaker
                          @ElectricPencils He's not undersized at PG & he can ball. He's got a ridiculously good handle on the ball & his crossover's an ankle-breaker
                          @ElectricPencils No assists cuz he scored almost every time he touched the ball. He made good passes. Has to stay clear on D to avoid fouls.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • old_gregg
                            scaly man fish
                            • Nov 2009
                            • 16915

                            #493
                            @ElectricPencils No assists cuz he scored almost every time he touched the ball. He made good passes. Has to stay clear on D to avoid fouls.
                            didn't jimmer finish with no fouls...?
                            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

                            Comment

                            • Surfah
                              Where's Wallace?
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 33726

                              #494
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • Surfah
                                Where's Wallace?
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 33726

                                #495
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...