No announcement yet.

The Official Jimmerphilia Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude is crushing it with the Knicks JV. The Jazz just waived Eli Milsap....
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
      Dude is crushing it with the Knicks JV. The Jazz just waived Eli Milsap....
      I need to get up there and catch a game.

Comment

• Decent game today: 24 pts on 9-16, 7 assists, 5 reb and a team best +10 while on the floor.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• Fredette's run in the NBA D-League will hopefully raise his salary when he inevitably heads to Europe. There is no question that Jimmer can fill it up and is a very talented basketball player, but he is never going to make it in the NBA. Some of the quotes from execs at the Showcase are very telling.

“He has skills, but he's a high-volume guy," one Eastern Conference executive said. "What team is going to be able to give him the kind of volume he needs to be effective? Because if he's not getting the volume of shots he needs to score enough to help you, what else is he doing?"

"Based on the discerning eyes and harsh opinions of the assembled talent evaluators, it's going to be an uphill climb. One exec suggested that the best course for Fredette would be to play in Europe, make decent money and enjoy playing the game and being a star there. Another wondered where he'd find the open shots he needs to be productive in the NBA, where defensive coaches are paid handsomely to prevent them from happening.

“He's a 6-2 shooting guard, a system guy -- and all the system teams pretty much have tried him already," one of the execs said. "It's tough. It has to be a very unique situation. I never say never about anybody -- maybe someone will give him a shot and he'll turn into gold -- but I just don't see it.”"

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/...ay-back-to-nba

Comment

• Jimmer Fredette's Defense Insulted By D-League Coach Whose Team Plays No Defense
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Let's hope he will transition to Europe soon to enjoy some good paydays and return home to coach the Cougars some day.
              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• He scored a record 35 pts and was named MVP of the all star game. We have a thread, may as well use it.

Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure Andre Miller has never been MVP of a professional basketball all star game.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                  He scored a record 35 pts and was named MVP of the all star game. We have a thread, may as well use it.

Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure Andre Miller has never been MVP of a professional basketball all star game.
                  Just saw that. Did anybody watch the game?

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                    Just saw that. Did anybody watch the game?
                    I watched every minute Jimmer played.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

• Some highlights:

[YOUTUBE]SbBkCIpv8dI[/YOUTUBE]
                      "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                        Some highlights:

[YOUTUBE]SbBkCIpv8dI[/YOUTUBE]
                        Excellent.

Comment

• 26ght8DnmBCBnhBFS.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                            [ATTACH]6697[/ATTACH]
                            http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...immer-fredette

The New York Knicks plan to sign guard Jimmer Fredette to a 10-day contract with their open roster spot, league sources told ESPN.
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Since someone will need to say it, I'm pretty sure that Andre Miller was never signed to a 10-day contract with the New York Knicks.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                                Since someone will need to say it, I'm pretty sure that Andre Miller was never signed to a 10-day contract with the New York Knicks.
                                That dude was mired in the smaller markets for years. Never hit the biggest stage like Jimmer is about to do.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X