The Official Jimmerphilia Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‏@CougarStats

When #Jimmer plays between 20 and 29 minutes this season, he shoots 48.5%, 54.1% from 3, 91.3% FT and 13.9 ppg in 23 minutes. #FREEJIMMER
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
      How do those numbers change if you eliminate the top end and just say when he plays 20+ minutes. I can't imagine they would change much even if he were terrible when playing 30+ because it probably hasn't even happened a handful of times.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        How do those numbers change if you eliminate the top end and just say when he plays 20+ minutes. I can't imagine they would change much even if he were terrible when playing 30+ because it probably hasn't even happened a handful of times.
        He hasn't played more than 29 minutes this season.

Comment

He hasn't played more than 29 minutes this season.
          Ah, thanks.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

Go post this on the Kings Forum in their Toney Douglas is better than Jimmer thread and it will send them in a tizzy.

It's amazing the difference a confident Jimmer is on the floor. When he knows he is going to get minutes and be a regular part of the rotation he produces. Or if they send him in with a green light to make something happen like he did last week when he nearly brought them back with that awesome missed FT attempt.
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
              Go post this on the Kings Forum in their Toney Douglas is better than Jimmer thread and it will send them in a tizzy.

It's amazing the difference a confident Jimmer is on the floor. When he knows he is going to get minutes and be a regular part of the rotation he produces. Or if they send him in with a green light to make something happen like he did last week when he nearly brought them back with that awesome missed FT attempt.
              I'm not in the mood to create an account, but if someone already has one, they are certainly welcome to post it.

Comment

Uhh...couldn't that be because Smart keeps Jimmer in the game when he is playing well so of course his stats are better when he gets more minutes?

I watched the Bulls broadcast of Bulls-Kings the other night and the Bulls announcers kept saying how great Jimmer looked and how they can't believe he doesn't play more.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
                  Uhh...couldn't that be because Smart keeps Jimmer in the game when he is playing well so of course his stats are better when he gets more minutes?

I watched the Bulls broadcast of Bulls-Kings the other night and the Bulls announcers kept saying how great Jimmer looked and how they can't believe he doesn't play more.
                  There are all sorts of games where Jimmer plays well and doesn't get extended minutes as a result.

Comment

There are all sorts of games where Jimmer plays well and doesn't get extended minutes as a result.
                    I've watched almost every Kings game this year and this is the truth. There is no rhyme or reason to Smart's rotation or substitution patterns. Smart makes Corbin look like Phil Jackson. I don't understand how the guy is an NBA head coach.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

• Kings' Coach Gets Hit With Basketball In Painful Area

Comment

• Over the Kings last 6 games, Jimmer is 14-20 from the floor (70%). His PER is also above 15 on the season. The problem is Jimmer has only played in 5 of those games (with a DNP-CD) and has played a total of 38 minutes over that same span.

I really hate the Kings, after Jimmer brings them back against Milwaukee scoring 14 points on 5-6 shooting in only 9 minutes,he follows that up going 3-6 in 12 minutes scoring 9 points in a 40 point blow out of Chicago. The next game he gets a DNP, and then plays 5 and 6 minutes over the two following games.

So far tonight he has played 8 minutes and he is 3-5 for 6 points. The Kings are +1 with him on the floor and they are -17 with Isaiah Thomas who is 0-2 with 2 turnovers in 13 minutes.
                        *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                          Over the Kings last 6 games, Jimmer is 14-20 from the floor (70%). His PER is also above 15 on the season. The problem is Jimmer has only played in 5 of those games (with a DNP-CD) and has played a total of 38 minutes over that same span.

I really hate the Kings, after Jimmer brings them back against Milwaukee scoring 14 points on 5-6 shooting in only 9 minutes,he follows that up going 3-6 in 12 minutes scoring 9 points in a 40 point blow out of Chicago. The next game he gets a DNP, and then plays 5 and 6 minutes over the two following games.

So far tonight he has played 8 minutes and he is 3-5 for 6 points. The Kings are +1 with him on the floor and they are -17 with Isaiah Thomas who is 0-2 with 2 turnovers in 13 minutes.
                          So what's your point?

This is one of those coaching decisions that I just don't. Kind of like anything the NY Jets did in the second half of the 2012 season.
                          I have nothing else to say at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parrot Head View Post
                            So what's your point?

This is one of those coaching decisions that I just don't. Kind of like anything the NY Jets did in the second half of the 2012 season.
                            The good news is the Kings decided to go with Toney Douglas over Jimmer in the second half. Always a good idea to bench a hot shooter after a very good half.
                            *Banned*

Comment

• Every March I realize how fun his senior season was. I'm having more fun watching this, than I did any of the games today.

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                                I attended that tournament with DDD (RIP!), neither of us were planning to attend and we missed the round 1 game. He had to be back Saturday night for some reason and I was sick with the flu. I woke up Friday morning and thought to myself no way am I going to miss this and decided to drive down by myself. I sent him a text message just throwing out the idea and he said he would be at my house in 10 minutes. We drove down, watched Jimmer drop 50, and learned some gambling tips from his fist pounding father in law. Right after the SDSU game we drove home.

A very memorable trip, that I am glad I made.
                                Where is DDD? That chap is brilliant!

Comment

Working...
                                X