Official Fantasy Football Sit or Start Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hot Lunch
    Out of Office
    • Nov 2008
    • 7842

    #31
    Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Both teams have shitty secondaries. I like Schaub just because Indy is on their 4th string safety (Aaron Francisco). Also SHarper is back for NO.
    Thanks Junkie.

    What about Braylon Edwards vs. the Packers or Marques Colston vs. the Steelers?

    I need to know on that one really quick. Hopefully you read and respond asap.
    "Take it to the Bank"

    Comment

    • Hot Lunch
      Out of Office
      • Nov 2008
      • 7842

      #32
      Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
      Both on the road? I'll take Ben as the saint seem to be struggling.


      One for me

      Greg Jennings or lee evans? Green bay at jets, bills at chiefs
      I would go Jennings. Driver is hurt and he has better qb getting him the ball. He is playing a much better defense on the road though. That is a hard one.
      "Take it to the Bank"

      Comment

      • cougjunkie
        *Banned*
        • Nov 2008
        • 23223

        #33
        Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
        Thanks Junkie.

        What about Braylon Edwards vs. the Packers or Marques Colston vs. the Steelers?

        I need to know on that one really quick. Hopefully you read and respond asap.
        Sorry I did not see it in time. I would play Edwards. Brees spreads it around to much and look what Marshall did against the Packers D a few weeks back. Braylon I think will have a big day.
        *Banned*

        Comment

        • Hot Lunch
          Out of Office
          • Nov 2008
          • 7842

          #34
          Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          Sorry I did not see it in time. I would play Edwards. Brees spreads it around to much and look what Marshall did against the Packers D a few weeks back. Braylon I think will have a big day.
          Dang it. I left Colston in. Oh well. Your boy Brandon Marshell better have a big day.
          "Take it to the Bank"

          Comment

          • UtahDan
            *
            • Nov 2008
            • 14496

            #35
            Sims-Walker finally showed up, from my bench. What a disappointment he has been.

            Comment

            • Coach McGuirk
              1
              • Nov 2008
              • 12109

              #36
              Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
              Sims-Walker finally showed up, from my bench. What a disappointment he has been.
              Shit, I released sims-walker yesterday. Perfect timing, again.

              Comment

              • Hot Lunch
                Out of Office
                • Nov 2008
                • 7842

                #37
                This was a great week to pick up Dan Carpenter off of waivers in my money league. Robbie Goold had bye so I snatched up Dan Carpenter and he has been very kind to me today.
                "Take it to the Bank"

                Comment

                • Coach McGuirk
                  1
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 12109

                  #38
                  Thanks for nothing dirty sanchez.

                  Comment

                  • Surfah
                    Where's Wallace?
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 33726

                    #39
                    Calvin Johnson is the best WR in football.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • cougjunkie
                      *Banned*
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 23223

                      #40
                      Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      Calvin Johnson is the best WR in football.
                      Yep he is an absolute beast.

                      HL good thing you kept Colston in I missed badly on that one.

                      Carpenter has back to back 5 fg weeks. Miami can not score in the redzone he is going ot be a weapon for the rest of the season.
                      *Banned*

                      Comment

                      • MartyFunkhouser
                        Disciple of RNGesus
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 18754

                        #41
                        Apparently, I picked a good QB for a one-week start while both of my QBs are on bye weeks. Thank you Matthew Stafford, but more importantly thank you Washington's pass defense. Of course, it looks like I will be losing again despite putting up over 100 points.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

                        Comment

                        • LiveCoug
                          LA Ute loves me
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 18488

                          #42
                          Tough one for me. I am down 7 points and I have one player left tomorrow (he has none). Standard scoring. I have Jeremy Maclin or Ryan Torain. Can't decide! Maclin is too inconsistent, but Torain may not get the majority of the reps with Portis getting eased back in. Thoughts?

                          Comment

                          • UtahDan
                            *
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 14496

                            #43
                            Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                            Tough one for me. I am down 7 points and I have one player left tomorrow (he has none). Standard scoring. I have Jeremy Maclin or Ryan Torain. Can't decide! Maclin is too inconsistent, but Torain may not get the majority of the reps with Portis getting eased back in. Thoughts?
                            Word here in DC is that Portis is not expected to play. The real concern with Torrain is whether he will make it a whole game. The knock on him has always been his durability and a few games into his first starting gig he comes up lame with a hammy.

                            The Redskins defense is the worst in the league against the pass. Maclin (got him on one of my teams) has been hit or miss, but get consistently gets about 4-5 completions from Vick. If one of those completions isn't a TD (most weeks it isn't) then he is only going to give you 4-5 points. Torrain should give you that just in yards even if he is sharing carries (which I think he will with the third stringer Monday).

                            To me, I would say Torrain because the upside is bigger. I think you are much more likely to get score out of him.

                            Comment

                            • LiveCoug
                              LA Ute loves me
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 18488

                              #44
                              Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                              Word here in DC is that Portis is not expected to play. The real concern with Torrain is whether he will make it a whole game. The knock on him has always been his durability and a few games into his first starting gig he comes up lame with a hammy.

                              The Redskins defense is the worst in the league against the pass. Maclin (got him on one of my teams) has been hit or miss, but get consistently gets about 4-5 completions from Vick. If one of those completions isn't a TD (most weeks it isn't) then he is only going to give you 4-5 points. Torrain should give you that just in yards even if he is sharing carries (which I think he will with the third stringer Monday).

                              To me, I would say Torrain because the upside is bigger. I think you are much more likely to get score out of him.
                              I'm leaning towards Torain (who is PREDICTED to get more than Maclin, but that never really means much), but i'm afraid he won't make it. This is big. It's for first place in my league against my Brother in Law. Gotta make the right choice!

                              Comment

                              • DrumNFeather
                                Invisible Swordsman
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 8854

                                #45
                                Finally sat Wes Welker and of course he has a decent outing.
                                "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                                Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                                Comment

                                Working...