Utah NHL Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Commando View Post

Sorry I thought conversations were fun. I'll just go fuck myself.
    Alright chill out bro. No one said GFY.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

Sorry you lost your shitty hockey team. Keep lashing out, though. Maybe move to Seattle and you can fellate that arena 41 times every year. Meanwhile, the VGK owner has spent the past year collecting his bad mascot tears in the Stanley Cup.
      Let me just say this about the Las Vegas Knights. It is a first class experience going to that arena and seeing a hockey game. The way they embraced local is great. Great over the top ridiculous pre-game entertainment is exactly what belongs in Vegas. Gaudy colors and a stupid name. Absolutely appropriate for Vegas.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

Let me just say this about the Las Vegas Knights. It is a first class experience going to that arena and seeing a hockey game. The way they embraced local is great. Great over the top ridiculous pre-game entertainment is exactly what belongs in Vegas. Gaudy colors and a stupid name. Absolutely appropriate for Vegas.
        This is what it comes down to.

Who cares what the mascot of a team is. There are fun things you can do with about any name and mascot. Jazz is about the toughest one out there and they do fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

Seems like there are very few objectively good names in the NHL. You have not one, but TWO canadian teams naming themselves after... themselves: Canucks, Canadiens (It wasn't any better when Houston picked the "Texans"). The Islanders are from... Long Island. The Maple Leafs (not even a correct English spelling)? Its a classic, original 6, but its the leaf of a tree (also a symbol of Canada, so another team naming itself after Canada). Lightening, Panthers, Kings, Devils, Sharks, Ducks, Coyotes are all fine names, but forgettable. Golden Knights isn't great (Foley always wanted the Black Knights b/c he's an Army guy) but its no worse than the majority of the teams in the NHL.

Names I actually like: Redwings (best logo in hockey, IMO), Bruins (OG 6, fairly unique, UCLA notwithstanding), Blackhawks (I'm a racist, sue me), Flyers, Kraken.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

Seems like there are very few objectively good names in the NHL. You have not one, but TWO canadian teams naming themselves after... themselves: Canucks, Canadiens (It wasn't any better when Houston picked the "Texans"). The Islanders are from... Long Island. The Maple Leafs (not even a correct English spelling)? Its a classic, original 6, but its the leaf of a tree (also a symbol of Canada, so another team naming itself after Canada). Lightening, Panthers, Kings, Devils, Sharks, Ducks, Coyotes are all fine names, but forgettable. Golden Knights isn't great (Foley always wanted the Black Knights b/c he's an Army guy) but its no worse than the majority of the teams in the NHL.

Names I actually like: Redwings (best logo in hockey, IMO), Bruins (OG 6, fairly unique, UCLA notwithstanding), Blackhawks (I'm a racist, sue me), Flyers, Kraken.
            Not the correct spelling? You want them to be the Maple Leaves?

M-W says leafs is a correct plural use.

Leaf Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post

Not the correct spelling? You want them to be the Maple Leaves?

M-W says leafs is a correct plural use.

Leaf Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
              Well okay then. I know its an old name too, so some leeway is deserved.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post

There- you see? Perfect beer league name.
                The only flaw was very little beer was consumed. Most of the players in the league were LDS folks who migrated from elsewhere including a lot of Canadians. I miss those days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

The only flaw was very little beer was consumed. Most of the players in the league were LDS folks who migrated from elsewhere including a lot of Canadians. I miss those days.
                  Canadiens

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I played for a couple of years at the Peaks. One year our team was named the Jerry Hat Tricks.

The biggest problem I had were the late nights and with how intense hockey is, I would get no sleep after the games.

Comment

Canadiens
                      Oops

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post

I played for a couple of years at the Peaks. One year our team was named the Jerry Hat Tricks.

The biggest problem I had were the late nights and with how intense hockey is, I would get no sleep after the games.
                        I had the same problem.

Comment

"Lightening" seems way worse than Maples Leafs. Is that one also related to White Sasquatch?
                          "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                          "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                          This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                          "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                          "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Good post. Pick a random name and people will embrace it to the death. It's definitely more fun when it has some meaning, but not necessary. I agree about the Red Wings. Probably one of the best names/logos in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post

Good post. Pick a random name and people will embrace it to the death. It's definitely more fun when it has some meaning, but not necessary. I agree about the Red Wings. Probably one of the best names/logos in all of sports.
                              Eff the Red Wings and everything associated with them. The logo, the name, the players, the city. EVERYTHING.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X