Official 49ers Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Of course he doesn't. He is the biggest homer on this board.

Seahawks fans and 49er fans are the worst. Seahawks fans are all new, they remind me of Ute fans from 2004 and 2008. They all have brand new gear and none of them have any clue who Rick Mirer is.

49er fans (especially the ones in Utah) all jumped on the bandwagon in the late 80s early 90s when they were good and winning super bowls. Then they completely checked out for the past 15 years and now that they are winning again they remember again that they used to like the 49ers. They will spout off about Jerry Rice, Young, Montana, John Taylor, etc. But as soon as Mariucci left so did they. The last decade they haven't followed the team or said shit. They have no idea about Dennis Erickson, Mike Nolan, and Mike Singletary they checked out during that era. They all jumped back in during the 2011 season when Harbaugh came aboard and starting calling themselves life long fans because back in 1989 they remembered they had a 49er plush toy or blanket.
    Eff you. I lamented the pick of Jim Druckenmiller. I loved through the days of Tim Rattay, Ken Dorsey (and the brief stay of Brandon Doman). I can tell you who Kevan Barlow was. While I hated (that's still probably not a strong enough word) the Dennis Ericksen hire, I was on board with both Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary. Harbaugh was the icing on the cake.

I am a Niners fan from Utah since I was 7. If I can live through the hire of Dennis E followed by the drafting of my rival QB #1 overall, I'm pretty sure my fan good can make it through anything thank you very much.

Comment

49er fans (especially the ones in Utah) all jumped on the bandwagon in the late 80s early 90s when they were good and winning super bowls.
      Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
      I am a Niners fan from Utah since I was 7.
      Proving CJ right.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        Proving CJ right.
        They won their third Super Bowl when I was 8. I WAS A 49ER FAN BEFORE THEY WERE WINNING SUPERBOWLS DAMMIT!!!

Comment

Of course he doesn't. He is the biggest homer on this board.

Seahawks fans and 49er fans are the worst. Seahawks fans are all new, they remind me of Ute fans from 2004 and 2008. They all have brand new gear and none of them have any clue who Rick Mirer is.
          The Mirer era wasn't as bad as the Kelly Stouffer era(which resulted in the #2 pick that yielded Mirer). I was praying that Pats would draft Mirer instead of Bledsoe, but it wasn't to be. Also can't forget the 1 game career of Dan McGuire
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Free Agency Recap so far:

Lose Donte (W)Hitner (4/$28M) and replace him with Antoine Bethea (4/$23M). Basically a wash.

Keep Phil Dawson.

Keep Anquan Boldin.

Trade for Blaine Gabbert for a 6th round pick. It'll be interesting to see how he does in SF, especially since he was linked to SF early in the draft process before SF went with Kaep and Aldon smith instead.

Not an awful start to FA for SF.

Comment

• 49ers add Jonathon Martin for a conditional 7th round pick in 2015. If he is on their opening day roster, they owe the Dolphins a 7th round pick next year. Not a horrible move, especially since Martin is somewhat of a known quantity among Harbaugh and several other former Stanford coaches.

Also interest picking up that SF may look to add Walter Thurmond from Seattle. There has been a lot of practice squad player poaching, but this would easily be the highest profile name to switch (with the caveat that Thurmond is not a very high-profile name).

Finally, SF considering Nicks and Edelman in free agency. I'm less thrilled about either of those additions, but I guess it depends on the final contract. I'd prefer Nicks to Edelman, but really, my preference is to address in the draft since this is a deep WR draft, and I'd rather those dollars be dedicated towards keeping core players in tact. But if it means a Super Bowl run this year, then by all means, let's get it done!

Comment

• I would pull the trigger on this deal so fast...

Houston Texans trade wide receiver Andre Johnson to the San Francisco 49ers for a 2014 second-round pick and 2014 fifth-round pick

Why it works for San Francisco: In need of a wide receiver -- and with 11 picks in this draft -- the 49ers would be well-served to add Johnson. He has a manageable base salary of $6.5 million for 2014, an amount for which San Francisco could find cap space. The 49ers have a deep and talented roster, and while draft picks can result in young, affordable talent, the truth is there aren't that many spots available on the 53-man roster in San Francisco. Johnson brings a vertical presence to the perimeter passing game and would make an already Super Bowl-caliber team that much scarier.

Why it works for Houston: The Texans have a new head coach in Bill O'Brien, and while the roster in some ways profiles as a quick-turnaround candidate, it's critical that they continue to collect assets with an eye toward a future of sustained success. Adding two draft picks in exchange for a nearly 33-year-old wide receiver would provide them with draft capital to fill out their roster holes. Johnson remains an elite wideout and has meant so much to the franchise, but Houston is desperate for an infusion of young talent, and draft picks are invaluable at this time.

Comment

• Looks like SF has at least reached out to D-Jax:

According to a report from Dianna Marie Russini of NBC News4 in Washington D.C., the San Francisco 49ers reached out to Jackson while he was out to dinner with the Redskins and their coaching staff.

When Jackson was initially released by the Philadelphia Eagles last week, reports indicated that the 49ers would be one of the teams interested, so they could pick up their pursuit as the day goes on.
                  I could see Jackson signing with Washington for the sole fact that he'd get to play against Philly twice a year.

Comment

• http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/10/colin-...miami-viceroy/

Comment

• It's a strange accusation, since she says they kissed, she got undressed, they didn't have sex, and he left. It's unclear how that's sexual assault, but I'm behind the times on this sort of thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        It's a strange accusation, since she says they kissed, she got undressed, they didn't have sex, and he left. It's unclear how that's sexual assault, but I'm behind the times on this sort of thing.
                        Yeah, the comments don't add up, but this is what drives me nuts more than anything.

You're negotiating a contract that realistically could make you the highest paid player in football. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, you don't see those names associated with this type of stuff. You did with Big Ben and I think it hurt him. Why be stupid and risk something. It's tough to even make that argument here though, especially when you consider that allegedly 1) they'd had sex before, 2) she knowingly took clothes off 3) no sex occurred at this encounter. But yeah, just don't put yourself in these types if situations. Don't be dumb. Don't smoke marijuana. Don't be an idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                          Yeah, the comments don't add up, but this is what drives me nuts more than anything.

You're negotiating a contract that realistically could make you the highest paid player in football. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, you don't see those names associated with this type of stuff. You did with Big Ben and I think it hurt him. Why be stupid and risk something. It's tough to even make that argument here though, especially when you consider that allegedly 1) they'd had sex before, 2) she knowingly took clothes off 3) no sex occurred at this encounter. But yeah, just don't put yourself in these types if situations. Don't be dumb. Don't smoke marijuana. Don't be an idiot.
                          Very true. High profile athletes pulling down millions annually really ought to have a bodyguard and a PR person follow them around pretty much constantly, or at least someone responsible who can tell them, "Okay, this is a really stupid thing to do."

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                            It's a strange accusation, since she says they kissed, she got undressed, they didn't have sex, and he left. It's unclear how that's sexual assault, but I'm behind the times on this sort of thing.
                            I think you neglected to mention a few key facts. She was naked and alone in the bedroom and the next thing she knows she is in the hospital? Sounds like the question involves a date rape drug. That would be criminal.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                              I think you neglected to mention a few key facts. She was naked and alone in the bedroom and the next thing she knows she is in the hospital? Sounds like the question involves a date rape drug. That would be criminal.
                              Yes, there might have been a crime, but it seems strange Kaepernick is mentioned as the one being investigated, given that she had a sexual relationship with him and everything she did to the point of her having blacked out was consensual. It's possible Kap set her up so his friends could take advantage of her, but I'm skeptical. NFL stars don't lack for sexual volunteers, so why this?

Comment

• I suppose thats why they are investigating it. It does seem pretty fishy, but I do realize young rich athletes are often the focus of these sorts of charges which are often unfounded. Even so, waking up in the hospital? something bad was going on.
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                                X