Details of the James/Wade/Bosh contracts

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • scottie
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 5247

    #1

    Details of the James/Wade/Bosh contracts


    LeBron James and Chris Bosh are now members of the Miami Heat and both came at a cut rate.

    The Heat's two newest superstars signed matching six-year, $110.1 million contracts, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher. Dwyane Wade took an even bigger discount to stay in Miami, signing for six years and $107.5 million, according to the sources.

    Sources told ESPN.com's Chad Ford that James and Bosh are scheduled to make $14.5 million and Wade $14 million in 2010-11.

    ...

    Bosh and James' deals were completed through sign-and-trades, making all three eligible for 10.5 percent raises each year.

    The Heat sent two future first-round and two second-round picks to the Cavaliers for James, while packaging two first-round picks to the Raptors for Bosh.
  • MarkGrace
    Grooveshark dick tease
    • Dec 2008
    • 31546

    #2
    So years of clearing cap space to make a run for the summer of Amare/Bosh/Wade/Bron and the FA that comes away with the biggest contract is...Joe Johnson?
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

    Comment

    • FN Phat
      I ♥ gateway sex
      • Feb 2009
      • 8691

      #3
      Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
      So years of clearing cap space to make a run for the summer of Amare/Bosh/Wade/Bron and the FA that comes away with the biggest contract is...Joe Johnson?
      I'm your huckleberry.


      "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

      Comment

      • myboynoah
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 21719

        #4
        Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
        So years of clearing cap space to make a run for the summer of Amare/Bosh/Wade/Bron and the FA that comes away with the biggest contract is...Joe Johnson?
        I admire his loyalty to the hometown fans.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

        For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

        Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

        Comment

        • FN Phat
          I ♥ gateway sex
          • Feb 2009
          • 8691

          #5
          Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
          I admire his loyalty to the hometown fans.
          Bullshit! He is in it for the ca$h. He is selfish and only is thinking about his pocket book! <end of MPFunk rant>
          I'm your huckleberry.


          "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

          Comment

          • myboynoah
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 21719

            #6
            Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
            Bullshit! He is in it for the ca$h. He is selfish and only is thinking about his pocket book! <end of MPFunk rant>
            Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

            For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

            Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

            Comment

            • BGRTHNUMEGO
              Junior Member
              • May 2010
              • 3670

              #7
              Did the Jazz give up a 2nd round pick to get Boozer/Chi to do a S&T?

              I'm surprised to see all of those 1st round picks moved out of Miami. I guess their owner won't even be anywhere near the luxury tax this year, and might not get there next year even if they use their full salary cap exceptions. So maybe he's planning on buying some first round picks in the future too.

              Those are some pretty steep salary concessions that the players made.

              Comment

              • Surfah
                Where's Wallace?
                • Nov 2008
                • 33726

                #8
                Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
                Did the Jazz give up a 2nd round pick to get Boozer/Chi to do a S&T?

                I'm surprised to see all of those 1st round picks moved out of Miami. I guess their owner won't even be anywhere near the luxury tax this year, and might not get there next year even if they use their full salary cap exceptions. So maybe he's planning on buying some first round picks in the future too.

                Those are some pretty steep salary concessions that the players made.
                I am surprised to see that Miami has pretty much abandoned the draft for the next few years. I thought that is how they would have to build the parts around the motor. The concessions though will help. Interesting that all three contracts have opt out clauses in 4 years.

                The Miami Herald is reporting they're looking to sign Ilgauskas.

                I think the most interesting thing will be the fallout with the new CBA. I think we may see some of the exceptions go away. And I think we're headed for a lockout for sure. With the higher than expected cap it looks like the league recovered some and increased revenue 2% versus the 5% slide they projected. This all makes for some interesting negotiations between the players union and owners. Kind of ironic that this whole deal could help bring play to a halt.
                Last edited by Surfah; 07-10-2010, 08:38 AM.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

                Comment

                • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                  Time to camp
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 26082

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  The Miami Herald is reporting they're looking to sign Ilgauskas.
                  Great so now LBJ is making the roster decisions for the Heat.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

                  Comment

                  • MartyFunkhouser
                    Disciple of RNGesus
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 18759

                    #10
                    All 3 players did show that they care about something other than money by leaving the 15 million on the table. I guess Bron Bron and Bosh did get the 6 year and those were some steep concessions that Miami gave up to get the sign and trade done. They do really need those draft picks to build the team, because they are only going to have the MLE for the 6 years of those contracts.
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

                    Comment

                    Working...