Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DDD whats up with Loose Cannons getting the axe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDD whats up with Loose Cannons getting the axe?

I just read that Fox bought the station and they cut Loose Cannons and now have Chris Myers on.
    *Banned*

I dont know. I think it just happened this week. I dont like Chris Meyers.

Vic the Brick is completely gone and now Mychal Thompson can only be heard doing the radio commentary of games.

570 was the flagship Laker station, but they are moving to 710, so perhaps this is part of the transition. I don't like this new "national" format because the reason to listen to Loose Cannons was to hear all the Laker info every afternoon....interviews, rumors, game analysis, etc.

The Lakers have never been without a local radio show, so as soon as they transition over to 710, my guess is that VTB and everyone else will be back there, along with the Loose Cannons name.

FEELIN' YOU!
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      I dont know. I think it just happened this week. I dont like Chris Meyers.

Vic the Brick is completely gone and now Mychal Thompson can only be heard doing the radio commentary of games.

570 was the flagship Laker station, but they are moving to 710, so perhaps this is part of the transition. I don't like this new "national" format because the reason to listen to Loose Cannons was to hear all the Laker info every afternoon....interviews, rumors, game analysis, etc.

The Lakers have never been without a local radio show, so as soon as they transition over to 710, my guess is that VTB and everyone else will be back there, along with the Loose Cannons name.

FEELIN' YOU!
      I don't have an opinion on the new show but Loose Cannons always bugged me. Vic is the lovable moron he is great. Michael Thompson is very very stupid but he is an ex Laker so you can still love him. However, I hate Hartman with hatred I only previously reserved for the likes of Rosie O'Donnell. Vic and Thompson are way too stupid to carry a show by themsleves, soI have been praying for a Hartman replacement for years.

I am just glad that PMS will remain unchanged. Petros and Money have the best show on the radio IMHO.
      Last edited by Flystripper; 01-23-2009, 10:00 AM.
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Please tell me they at least held on to Hacksaw! From Ojai to Poway...up and down the coast! Stanton! Escondido! Hawaiian Gardens! Rancho Santa Margarita! Iiiiiiii want to hear from you!

Comment

Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
          Please tell me they at least held on to Hacksaw! From Ojai to Poway...up and down the coast! Stanton! Escondido! Hawaiian Gardens! Rancho Santa Margarita! Iiiiiiii want to hear from you!
          Wasn't he already relegated to a weekend show? I think they need to keep him in the lineup so that Rome and PMS can continue to mock him into oblivion.

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
            I am just glad that PMS will remain unchanged. Petros and Money have the best show on the radio IMHO.
            I agree with you 100%; I'm glad to see they went national.

Comment

Originally posted by SipiTau View Post
              I agree with you 100%; I'm glad to see they went national.
              Not me.

last night I was driving home listening to Lance Romance. All of a sudden Lance is getting calls from people in Virginia and NorCal and georgia, etc...

One of the callers asks where he should take his wife. I keep waiting for Lance to suggest Raging Waters, where the 210 and the 10 meet in San Dimas. But it never happens because these non-locals don't know what that is. Instead, Lance suggests that the caller take his wife to a local War memorial. Boo.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Not me.

last night I was driving home listening to Lance Romance. All of a sudden Lance is getting calls from people in Virginia and NorCal and georgia, etc...

One of the callers asks where he should take his wife. I keep waiting for Lance to suggest Raging Waters, where the 210 and the 10 meet in San Dimas. But it never happens because these non-locals don't know what that is. Instead, Lance suggests that the caller take his wife to a local War memorial. Boo.
                yeah some of their segments won't work as well for a national audience. It is still the best show in the radio though.

Comment

Not me.

I should clarify that I'm glad for them as brodcasting professionals. The show will not have the same charm, but I'm still happy for P & Money.

Comment

Originally posted by SipiTau View Post
                    I should clarify that I'm glad for them as brodcasting professionals. The show will not have the same charm, but I'm still happy for P & Money.
                    I suspect Free Form Friday will be much different today as well. :-(

Comment

Working...
                    X