"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
    And Favors is sent back to the bench with Millsap returning tonight.

This is really going to happen. Derrick Favors is going to be a back-up again this year. Without a big injury to Al or Paul, I can't see any way Favors logs 30+ mpg for the Jazz. He played 21 mpg last year and probably caps at 25 this season.

And the love affair with a slow, 34 yo back-up PG that shoots 40/30/71 for his career means Foye will get his minutes almost exclusively at the 2, leaving no time for Burks.
    Favors will be closer to the 21 mpg he got last year than 25. Burks might be lucky to get the 15 he got last year with the additions of Foye and MarWill. Kanter, Burks and Favors only shot at decent minutes would be due to injury.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• Will the Jazz be more dangerous from 3pt range this season? It'd be hard not to improve on the awful team % of 32% last year. But while it seems the additions to team mean they will likely shoot more 3's and will shoot them at a better percentage, I don't think the improvement will be as drastic as some media members covering Utah have projected.

Mo Williams is a career 38.7% shooter from 3. But take away his years playing with LeBron, and that dips to 35.8%. Last year Williams spent the majority of his minutes on the court at the same time as Chris Paul and he had the 3rd highest 3pt% of his career (behind the two years spent with LBJ). He's had decent seasons shooting from long range without having an elite play maker next to him, but it seems likely that he'll be right around Devin Harris' average of 36% last year.

Marvin Williams made 39% of his 3's last year. Before last year his career average in 6 previous seasons was 31%, or about 2% lower than CJ Miles' career 3pt%.

Randy Foye's 3pt shooting was actually on a downward trend (41%, 36%, 34%, 32%) before he played with Paul last year in LA and made 38% of his 3's. Playing next to Mo Williams isn't like playing with Chris Paul (the Clippers #1 5 man unit in terms of minutes last year had Paul and Foye together). Foye's shot has been a mess in the pre-season. I think it's doubtful he ends up shooting any better than the league average of about 35.5%.

Hayward has to be a guy that is more consistent. He can't wait until the final two months of the season to start hitting from deep. 38% in March last year, 49% in April. He was a horrible 24% before that.

At least Mo, Marvin, and Foye all are career +80% FT shooters (with Mo and Foye being great from the line).

Comment

• @DJJazzyJody
        Coach Corbin said Jazz know what Alec Burks can do at the point, so he'll give Randy Foye more PG time tonight for experience, evaluation.
        How exactly do the Jazz know what Burks can do at the point? Hasn't he played about as much PG in a game as Foye has for the team?

Comment

• Probably because they've watched him play the point and he's been terrible.
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
            Probably because they've watched him play the point and he's been terrible.
            He hasn't been good. But that's what sucks about being a young player in this organization. You get your 10 minutes to prove yourself, and if you suck, then the team "knows what you can do." But Foye will go out, put up a 1-8 from the field, set the offense up about the same as Burks would, and the team will want to see more.

Comment

• Randy Foye put the basketball in the hoop.

Comment

• Enes in the post game--my goal is help my team win the game, if I score 30 points and we lose I will be sad, if I score 1 point and we win I will be happy.

Bolerjack--That's a good answer.

Enes--thanks I work on it a lot.
                lol.

Comment

• Favors looks to be the least prepared of the core young guys so far. In limited minutes he continues to foul too much and still doesn't seem to have a go-to move.

Burks, Kanter, & Hayward however again seemed tonight to be more active albeit against a horrid D-league Lakers team. They were a combined 12-17. Better not play them more than 20 min though. Murphy has a decent midrange game but I have a hard time seeing him ever being an impact player, especially with TyJerry SloCorbin as coach.

Kobe scored all 23 pts for the Lakers in the third. Gordon and Marvin Williams got worked. End of pointless preseason report.
                  "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Damn Jeremy Evans just had a ridiculous blocked shot leading to a dunk on the other end (after just one dribble). Dude gets ridiculously high.

Comment

• I'm impressed with the 2-3 minutes I watched of Kanter. I'm sure he'd be better if he was playing on a different team/coach though, so I'll temper my excitement.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

• Is Favors in the doghouse?

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                          I'm impressed with the 2-3 minutes I watched of Kanter. I'm sure he'd be better if he was playing on a different team/coach though, so I'll temper my excitement.
                          Yep, corbin will hardly play him.

Comment

• Jeremy Evans holy shit. Both the block and dunk on Turiaf.

See here: http://www.nba.com/games/20121017/UT...s=iref:nbahpgt[0011200066]

Comment

• Better vid.

[YOUTUBE]M_CVAJBIwTA&sns=tw[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• Favors is out tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X