No announcement yet.

"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wasn't sure where to put this, but good golly, miss molly, Victor Wembanyama and Scoot Henderson were absolutely spectacular last night. If ever there were a couple of hyped prospects who didn't disappoint, it happened last night. As prospects go, Scoot's size worries me. It's just so difficult for a guy that height to be great - like top 10 NBA player great. Having said that, he looks pretty damn special.

Wembanyama is everything he was advertised as and more. He's competitive, he appears to work diligently on his game, he has toughness, he seems to love the game, he's obviously highly skilled, he has good hands, he's a plus athlete for his size, he shoots an actual jump shot from three (most 7+ footers tend to shoot more set shots), has a high bball iq, he has a good motor - so many great attributes as a player without even getting into his height. Just a special talent in every way. All that said, guys his height have a horrendous track record in terms of their health - it's a major concern, but he's simply too good to pass up on as the #1 overall pick. you take him and hope for the best from a health standpoint. 37 points, 7 three pointers and 5 blocked shots at age 18 playing against pros. smh. if not for the injury concerns of a guy his size, i'd say he's as good a prospect if not better than LeBron was at that age.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• I watched some of that game last night too.

Also, hope the Jazz draft this guy.

Comment

• So this makeshift team with a LOT of youth actually hustles for 48 minutes. Kind of weird to see that kind of grit displayed by someone in a Utah jersey other than Rudy Gobert. Hopefully we get enough bench players minutes to get into the Wembanyama sweepstakes.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Okay, so WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?!?
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
            Okay, so WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?!?
            Lol. They are playing with house money. This is fun.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Lol. They are playing with house money. This is fun.
              Very fun. Olynyk's winning shot was so bizarrely awkward, that it made it that much more magnificent. I know this is just temporary, but can't it just end up being some kind of Disneyesque awesomeness, please?
              Last edited by myboynoah; 10-23-2022, 09:59 PM.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• as lebowski said, they are playing with house money so it's essentially a bunch of shooters (the Jazz have a surprising abundance of shooters on this team) who are well coached, they have guards who can get into the teeth of the defense and they are playing loose.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

• It's pretty funny- we are extremely below the cap. We could sign basically anybody but... we just beat the Pels who embarrassed the SuperNets last week. Credit really goes to the Knicks who played hardball and forced Danny to take Cleveland's amazing deal.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                    It's pretty funny- we are extremely below the cap. We could sign basically anybody but... we just beat the Pels who embarrassed the SuperNets last week. Credit really goes to the Knicks who played hardball and forced Danny to take Cleveland's amazing deal.
                    There is really no way that Lauri Markkanen can keep this up, can he? If he does, all credit clearly goes to Hanno Möttölä, which means that Rick Majerus also deserves credit. May he get a respite from his torture in hell for this good deed.
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post

There is really no way that Lauri Markkanen can keep this up, can he? If he does, all credit clearly goes to Hanno Möttölä, which means that Rick Majerus also deserves credit. May he get a respite from his torture in hell for this good deed.
                      he averaged 19 and 9 his second season in the league. so yeah, he can keep it up.

his biggest issues have been health (the most games he has ever played were 68 his rookie season - since then he's averaged about 55 games a season) and opportunity. with the Jazz, opportunity shouldn't be an issue. the bigger question will be whether or not he can stay healthy.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

• I knew it couldn't last. SAD!

Comment

• lol. Like JC said after the game, 81-1 is still on the table! Let's Go!!!

Comment

• Wrong thread I know - but 19 year old Shaedon Sharpe on the Blazers - is looking like the steal of the draft. His highlight reel through the first six games is better than Donovan Mitchell.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                              Wrong thread I know - but 19 year old Shaedon Sharpe on the Blazers - is looking like the steal of the draft. His highlight reel through the first six games is better than Donovan Mitchell.
                              he's been incredible - albeit in limited minutes. he's clearly an elite athlete and his shooting is better than i could have ever expected.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

• danny is failing. trade some more people.

Comment

Working...
                                X