X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    these guys are always terrible.
    I don't mind Kerith Burke though.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

yeah that was ridiculous. “i was a great defender and i never held anyone.” also, apparently wilt would dominate this jazz team
      who is the color guy?
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        who is the color guy?
        Jim Barnett.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Jim Barnett.
          Lol. Dude is near 80
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            Lol. Dude is near 80
            Per the GSW website, he still practices his jump shot.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I'm surprised to read the comments about the GSW announcers. I didn't hear the commentary about Jazz holding, but over the last few years, I've thought Fitzgerald and Barnett were among the most objective team announcers I've listened to. Barnett is very good at making instructive observations and pointing out subtle (at least to the uninitiated) elements of the game. Listening to them over the past few years, Mrs. PAC has gone from a BBall neophyte to noticing things like off-ball movement, weakside help, rolling off of a pick, etc. I thought she was going to lose it tonight when KD was driving but dished to Draymond in the corner, btw.

Anyway, an ugly game but not much of a surprise. I hope the Curryless Dubs get past the first round as a best-of-seven rematch with the Jazz should be fun to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                I'm surprised to read the comments about the GSW announcers. I didn't hear the commentary about Jazz holding, but over the last few years, I've thought Fitzgerald and Barnett were among the most objective team announcers I've listened to. Barnett is very good at making instructive observations and pointing out subtle (at least to the uninitiated) elements of the game. Listening to them over the past few years, Mrs. PAC has gone from a BBall neophyte to noticing things like off-ball movement, weakside help, rolling off of a pick, etc. I thought she was going to lose it tonight when KD was driving but dished to Draymond in the corner, btw.

Anyway, an ugly game but not much of a surprise. I hope the Curryless Dubs get past the first round as a best-of-seven rematch with the Jazz should be fun to watch.
                I agree the GSW announcers are usually pretty even handed but, tbh, I think it is easy to be even handed when they are winning 70 games a year. When they get slapped around like this, they probably get a little crabby. The Jazz defense is stifling at times. They take a ferrari offense like the Dubs and bury it in sand and mud.

And PAC, did you really not think it was a surprise? I was not surprised the Jazz won but by 40 points? The game, for practical purposes, was over at half time. You werent a little surprised by that?
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  I agree the GSW announcers are usually pretty even handed but, tbh, I think it is easy to be even handed when they are winning 70 games a year. When they get slapped around like this, they probably get a little crabby. The Jazz defense is stifling at times. They take a ferrari offense like the Dubs and bury it in sand and mud.

And PAC, did you really not think it was a surprise? I was not surprised the Jazz won but by 40 points? The game, for practical purposes, was over at half time. You werent a little surprised by that?
                  Not just winning a lot, but winning big a lot. When your team is constantly ahead by 20+ late in games, it’s very easy to wax complimentary of the other team and players.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• they were definitely frustrated by the blowout. they commented on that specifically.
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

jerry sloan not looking great
                      He also didn’t sound great in the Hot Rod Hundley documentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post

I was surprised but really not a lot. I fully expected them to lose, but they've been blown out several times this year by weaker teams than the Jazz, so once things headed south (about four minutes in), whether they were going to lose by 20 or 40 didn't seem like much of a difference.

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        Not just winning a lot, but winning big a lot. When your team is constantly ahead by 20+ late in games, it’s very easy to wax complimentary of the other team and players.
                        True, but I've noticed the objectivity more this year than during the previous three when the Warrior dominance was more in evidence. BTW, during the past couple of years Fitzgerald in particular has been unusually complimentary of Jazz, observing a greater upside with them than with most other teams.

Comment

• It appears the jazz are a lock to play OKC in the first round. The game tonight will determine whether it's home court advantage for the jazz and potential GSW matchup in the 2nd round, or home court advantage for OKC with potential Houston matchup in the second round.

Beat Portland!

Comment

• Pretty bad first quarter.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                              Pretty bad first quarter.
                              and second so far

Comment

• not going to win a game officiated like this

Comment

Working...
                                X