No announcement yet.

"You Gotta Love It Baby" Official Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There was an article on Salt City Hoops saying the biggest defensive problem is the same as last year -- getting destroyed on the SnR.

The more general figures first: Utah was 26th in the league last year defending P&R ball-handlers and 27th against roll men, speaking in terms of per-possession efficiency allowed. They were also 29th versus spot-up attempts, allowing over 41 percent shooting – as mentioned above, a number of these tries4 come from plays that originated as pick-and-rolls. They’ve improved a tad on the former so far on this young season (22nd and 19th versus handlers and roll-men, respectively), but have cratered to an even larger degree against spot-ups, allowing a gross 44.4 percent on nearly 300 attempts already.

Allowing the necessary error margins, this data lines up roughly with the eye test. Coach Quin Snyder’s more conservative scheme versus high screen-and-rolls has helped in contrast to outgoing Ty Corbin’s ever-changing system, one that both confused his young players and forced them into terrible spots. In particular, Corbin’s partial reliance on high hedges from guys like Enes Kanter and Derrick Favors often left the Jazz at a numbers disadvantage plus drew a vital rebounder far away from the rim, and this sort of thing has been eschewed, outside roster members5 with skill sets more conducive to it. The young crew is forcing slightly more inefficient midrange looks, and conceding fewer easy buckets at the rim.

But by contrast, they’re getting crushed by individual matchups and resulting poor help defense.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• I look forward to the Jazz wasting the next 3 years on Trey Burke.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Can't even beat Orlando at home. No bueno.

Comment

• So, Burks has missed the last couple games with a shoulder injury, but I didn't realize he'd been playing the entire season with an injured shoulder. Sounds like there was a chance he'd have season ending surgery, but may be able to avoid it and be back before the end of December.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

• Jazz lead Spurs 87-80 with 5:30 left.

Curious to see how they will blow this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
              Jazz lead Spurs 87-80 with 5:30 left.

Curious to see how they will blow this one.
              And they hang on to break the 9 game losing streak.
              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Spurs look like a different team offensively without Tony Parker out there scoring and getting open looks for teammates.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

• Stupid Xmas shows bumped my DVR. I've not had a problem during the losing streak with this!
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

• I credit Alex Jensen for the win. My guess is that after 9 losses, Snyder finally listened to Alex Jensen leading to a victory.
                    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                      I credit Alex Jensen for the win. My guess is that after 9 losses, Snyder finally listened to Alex Jensen leading to a victory.
                      I think the losing streak is due to their being lead by a Dukie with three former Utes on the staff. That combination is tough to overcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                        I think the losing streak is due to their being lead by a Dukie with three former Utes on the staff. That combination is tough to overcome.
                        Two Dukies on the coaching staff and one on the court.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                          Two Dukies on the coaching staff and one on the court.
                          Nate Dogg and Warren G 'bout to make some bodies turn cold...

Just seemed to fit.
                          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Hot Rod Hundley has Alzheimer's? Is this common knowledge?

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...ctory-lap.html

Comment

• Jazz threatening to win a game.

Comment

• Jazz threatening to not win a game.

Comment

Working...
                                X