No announcement yet.

Official Redskins Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's about time BYU had another high profile QB in the NFL.

Can't wait to watch him shred the Panthers D. Hope the first play is an out and up for an 80 yard TD!

"Newton's First Law of Motion: ...things at rest tend to stay at rest. Things in motion, tend to stay in motion...."

Hmm... Good motivation for me to remain active I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borg View Post
      It's about time BYU had another high profile QB in the NFL.

Can't wait to watch him shred the Panthers D. Hope the first play is an out and up for an 80 yard TD!

Yes, hopefully his RB doesn't drop it.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
        I had forgotten that. I hope that the locker room rallies around him.
        Yeah, the Santana Moss quotes were a little worrisome, but I can understand why a receiver would stand behind the guy who currently has the starting gig. Maybe he needs to pull a Max Hall and drop some serious f-bombs in his first huddle.
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• The game happens way too fast for Beck. He locks in on guys misses open guys misses reads frequently throws into double coverage and takes to long to deliver the ball. He is not an NFL starter.

Comment

The game happens way too fast for Beck. He locks in on guys misses open guys misses reads frequently throws into double coverage and takes to long to deliver the ball. He is not an NFL starter.
            Agreed. I'm watching him for the first time this season and he's not inspiring any confidence. Grossman is a known quantity at this point, but Beck is worse and might not get any more chances if he doesn't have a great second half (assuming he isn't benched already).

Comment

• Agreed. Beck looks lost out there. That said, Washington's Oline is baaad.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                Agreed. Beck looks lost out there. That said, Washington's Oline is baaad.
                It is missing two starters so I agree, but Beck is losing before the snap a fair amount of the time and doesn't find people when he has time.

Comment

• Originally posted by woot View Post
                  Agreed. I'm watching him for the first time this season and he's not inspiring any confidence. Grossman is a known quantity at this point, but Beck is worse and might not get any more chances if he doesn't have a great second half (assuming he isn't benched already).
                  I don't know who I would rather see. Grossman appears to be able to do more and make a lot more plays. He also throws the ball to the other team a decent percentage of the time which Beck seems to not do as much. He gets sacked while he is still thinking about it.

Comment

The game happens way too fast for Beck. He locks in on guys misses open guys misses reads frequently throws into double coverage and takes to long to deliver the ball. He is not an NFL starter.
                    Beck also has zero WRs and no running game. Also, his offensive line sucks. Buffalo also isn't too shabby and leads the league in takeaways I believe. Given those circumstances, most quarterbacks would fail.

But you're right, he's taking a bit too long in his delivery. But I don't think these things are indicative of him not being an NFL starter, yet. I think it's more a reflection of a QB with limited reps at game speed. Hopefully it clicks sooner than later because he won't have much time.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

• 37 passing yards in the first half. Beck has been sacked four times and not all of those were his fault. But at least two of them happened because he didn't get the ball out timely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        Beck also has zero WRs and no running game. Also, his offensive line sucks. Buffalo also isn't too shabby and leads the league in takeaways I believe. Given those circumstances, most quarterbacks would fail.

But you're right, he's taking a bit too long in his delivery. But I don't think these things are indicative of him not being an NFL starter, yet. I think it's more a reflection of a QB with limited reps at game speed. Hopefully it clicks sooner than later because he won't have much time.
                        I don't expect him to succeed. He might do everything right and fail under the circumstances. But he is not doing what he need to do is my point. Perhaps time will slow things down for him.

Comment

• Lol. Things are going to start to get ugly in Washington on Monday.

Comment

Lol. Things are going to start to get ugly in Washington on Monday.
                            Washington is really several players away from competing. The OL needs work still. They need a clear #1 WR, probably a #2 too. On the defensive side of the ball they need some serious help in the secondary. And they need a franchise QB. I'd love that to be JB, but I just don't think he's it. At least not without playmakers and protection around him.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

• Not going to blame him for that series. He had no chance.

Comment

Not going to blame him for that series. He had no chance.
                                They couldn't even protect him for 1 second. That was pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                                X