Official Redskins Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Surfah
    Where's Wallace?
    • Nov 2008
    • 33726

    #256
    Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
    Looks like Beck blew it in his last preseason game

    http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/09/05/reds..._breaking_news
    I am shocked.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

    Comment

    • CardiacCoug
      вот так штука
      • Nov 2008
      • 11013

      #257
      Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
      Looks like Beck blew it in his last preseason game

      http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/09/05/reds..._breaking_news
      I think it will take the pressure off Beck to come in as the backup when (not if) Grossman sucks it up.

      So I guess Tedy Bruschi did know what he was talking about. Very surprising.

      Comment

      • Joe Public
        8.1 YPC
        • Apr 2011
        • 8524

        #258
        Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
        Looks like Beck blew it in his last preseason game

        http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/09/05/reds..._breaking_news
        Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        I am shocked.
        Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
        I think it will take the pressure off Beck to come in as the backup when (not if) Grossman sucks it up.

        So I guess Tedy Bruschi did know what he was talking about. Very surprising.
        Bummer. Here's hoping he gets another opportunity somewhere along the line.
        "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

        "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

        Comment

        • UtahDan
          *
          • Nov 2008
          • 14496

          #259
          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          I am shocked.
          It explains why Rex didn't play in the last game (which had sort of made me suspicious) at least in part. The Shannys play a serious game of poker. I'm a little surprised but not shocked.

          Comment

          • DrumNFeather
            Invisible Swordsman
            • Nov 2008
            • 8854

            #260
            Great.
            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

            Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

            Comment

            • Surfah
              Where's Wallace?
              • Nov 2008
              • 33726

              #261
              Rumor has it Rex said that the starting job was determined by a coin flip in practice. Not sure if it's true, or if he was joking. Reported by Theismann on local radio.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

              Comment

              • DrumNFeather
                Invisible Swordsman
                • Nov 2008
                • 8854

                #262
                Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                Rumor has it Rex said that the starting job was determined by a coin flip in practice. Not sure if it's true, or if he was joking. Reported by Theismann on local radio.
                That wouldn't surprise me at this point...

                Reports were that Beck was taking the news pretty hard, but he was a good soldier about it. He'll get a shot this season, no question in my mind.
                "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                Comment

                • Surfah
                  Where's Wallace?
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 33726

                  #263
                  Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                  That wouldn't surprise me at this point...

                  Reports were that Beck was taking the news pretty hard, but he was a good soldier about it. He'll get a shot this season, no question in my mind.
                  I want it to be true so bad. I effing hate Mike Shannahan.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • DrumNFeather
                    Invisible Swordsman
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 8854

                    #264
                    Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                    I want it to be true so bad. I effing hate Mike Shannahan.
                    You and the Junkies...

                    I love Shanny, I hope he stays the full 5 years of his deal.
                    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                    Comment

                    • Surfah
                      Where's Wallace?
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 33726

                      #265
                      Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                      You and the Junkies...

                      I love Shanny, I hope he stays the full 5 years of his deal.
                      That means he's winning. And that only happens if Beck saves his hot seat ass.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • pellegrino
                        miserere me
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 12100

                        #266
                        so it looks like Grossman turned in a "Good Rex" performance. Everyone in DC breathes a sigh of relief.
                        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                        Alessandro Manzoni

                        Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                        pelagius

                        Comment

                        • DrumNFeather
                          Invisible Swordsman
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 8854

                          #267
                          Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                          so it looks like Grossman turned in a "Good Rex" performance. Everyone in DC breathes a sigh of relief.
                          It helped that the D kept the Giants in check all day long...but yeah, Rex looked good. Shanny is a genius at least for another week!
                          "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                          Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                          Comment

                          • pellegrino
                            miserere me
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 12100

                            #268
                            Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                            It helped that the D kept the Giants in check all day long...but yeah, Rex looked good. Shanny is a genius at least for another week!
                            I'm just sad that it isn't Beck out there making Shanny look like a genius.
                            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                            Alessandro Manzoni

                            Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                            pelagius

                            Comment

                            • DrumNFeather
                              Invisible Swordsman
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 8854

                              #269
                              Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                              I'm just sad that it isn't Beck out there making Shanny look like a genius.
                              Most think he'll get his shot...despite how good Rexy played. Plus, Rex took some big shots in the game, I wouldn't be surprised if he misses a game or due to an injury or two.
                              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                              Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                              Comment

                              • DrumNFeather
                                Invisible Swordsman
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 8854

                                #270
                                John Beck to start Sunday vs. Carolina, per Schefty.
                                "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

                                Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

                                Comment

                                Working...