Official Redskins Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
    What about a RB? I don't think Clinton Portis and his old legs will be able to handle the amount of check downs that Beck is about to throw to him.
    You've become a Ute version of your BYU fan caricature.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      You've become a Ute version of your BYU fan caricature.
      Hey, you can't deny that John Beck is the check down king. The fans in Miami called him that. He did it while he was in Provo. I think Curtis Brown had around 80 catches his senior year. I am just pointing out facts.
      "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Hey, you can't deny that John Beck is the check down king. The fans in Miami called him that. He did it while he was in Provo. I think Curtis Brown had around 80 catches his senior year. I am just pointing out facts.
        Just messing with you. I think that was more a product of the OC than John Beck, though he may have taken some of Anae's personality with him to the NFL. In Crowton's final year, the one with Watkins and Collie, I don't think Beck completed a pass under 15 yards.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          Just messing with you. I think that was more a product of the OC than John Beck, though he may have taken some of Anae's personality with him to the NFL. In Crowton's final year, the one with Watkins and Collie, I don't think Beck completed a pass under 15 yards.
          Oh I know you were. That was one of my problems with Beck, he wouldn't take any chances. I think that has also hurt him in the NFL. John has an incredible arm, a quick release and good mind for the game but he won't take a chance down field. If you can't do that in the NFL, you can't play.
          Last edited by Hot Lunch; 07-27-2011, 01:29 PM.
          "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Numerical exaggerations aside, he was known for this in Miami too.
            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Oh I know you were. That was one of my problems with Beck, he would take any chances. I think that has also hurt him in the NFL. John has an incredible arm, a quick release and good mind for the game but he won't take a chance down field. If you can't do that in the NFL, you can't play.
              Beck plays to win by 2, not by 9.

Comment

• Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                Numerical exaggerations aside, he was known for this in Miami too.
                A little bit of an exaggeration, Brown actually had 62 catches. I was a little off. That is still a ton for a RB and he lead the team in receptions that year. Tonga had 23 catches and Fui had 11. That is 95 receptions just from your RB's.
                "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

A little bit of an exaggeration, Brown actually had 62 catches. I was a little off. That is still a ton for a RB and he lead the team in receptions that year. Tonga had 23 catches and Fui had 11. That is 95 receptions just from your RB's.
                  Wasn't that back when Anae was fresh from the Texas Tech system and claiming swing passes were the same thing as rushes in his offense?
                  If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
                    Wasn't that back when Anae was fresh from the Texas Tech system and claiming swing passes were the same thing as rushes in his offense?
                    Who?
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                      New additions at WR: Gaffney, Stallworth, Hankerson

Moss re-signed

Malcom Kelly off IR

Will they make a run at Braylon or Sydney?
                      Gaffney, Stallworth and Moss are 30, 30 and 32. Hopefully we didn't pay a lot. Hopefully the rookie Hankerson can show something (though he is mostly a possession guy IIRC).

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                        Gaffney, Stallworth and Moss are 30, 30 and 32. Hopefully we didn't pay a lot. Hopefully the rookie Hankerson can show something (though he is mostly a possession guy IIRC).
                        Oh, and Brandon Stokely who is 35. Of course, last year we loaded up on former pro bowl running backs. That worked pretty well.

Comment

• Fat Albert gone to New England for a 5th rounder in 2013.
                          "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• All of the move the Redskins have made thus far scream re-building. Shockingly, the media got it wrong that they'd spend big. Now, I know the Jets out bit them for Holmes, but Braylon coming here seems less likely, and hopefully they'll just keep building and building. It's easy to say re-building, it sucks to live through 3-13. That said, to be rid of McNabb and Fat Al is quite an accomplishment.
                            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• From the Redskins training camp blog this morning:

The Redskins strapped on helmets for 11-on-11 play, which had some great plays…and not so great plays. Quarterback John Beck is adjusting to the rookies, but looks to be really in sync with his veteran receivers.

The John Beck-to-Fred Davis connection looks crisp, and Beck is throwing darts over the middle. This is only the first practice, but this could finally be the year that Davis becomes a factor in the offense.

New quarterback Ben Chappell, on the other hand, looks shaky in his first day with the team. As I mentioned before, his over-the-top motion and long windup aren’t ideal for the pro game, and he’s struggling to hit his targets. Could be first day jitters, but it stands out in contrast to Beck.
                              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                                From the Redskins training camp blog this morning:
                                What's the URL?

Comment

Working...
                                X