womens soccer 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Topper View Post
    TAM was either tired, or BYU played extremely well as BYU dominated in all phases of the game. But for the keeper, and BYU would have had a five to nothing or six to nothing game.
    Could be they were tired. It was their third game in 6 days.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      Could be they were tired. It was their third game in 6 days.
      Conversely, UVU packed it in on defense and BYU dominated but did not play well.

We'll see how BYU does in its first major away test at Kansas, tomorrow.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Conversely, UVU packed it in on defense and BYU dominated but did not play well.

We'll see how BYU does in its first major away test at Kansas, tomorrow.
        The last yellow card on Shepherd that led to BYU having to play the last 25 or so with 10 players was a joke. It was barely a foul, much less worthy of a yellow. The first one on her was ok. The second one was called just a few minutes after BYU scored. The goal opened things up once UVU was behind, and I think there would have likely been more BYU goals if they had not been down a player.

Also, the game started about 30 minutes late, the field conditions were deplorable, there was a heavy wind, and the referee allowed UVU to play a very physical style with BYU not really allowed the same. UVU also got a free kick in the closing seconds off what looked like a phantom foul, as if to give them one more last ditch set piece attempt to tie it. Weird game all around. I wouldn't judge very much about BYU based on it.
        Last edited by BlueK; 09-19-2019, 08:18 AM.

Comment

The last yellow card on Shepherd that led to BYU having to play the last 25 or so with 10 players was a joke. It was barely a foul, much less worthy of a yellow. The first one on her was ok. The second one was called just a few minutes after BYU scored. The goal opened things up once UVU was behind, and I think there would have likely been more BYU goals if they had not been down a player.

Also, the game started about 30 minutes late, the field conditions were deplorable, there was a heavy wind, and the referee allowed UVU to play a very physical style with BYU not really allowed the same. UVU also got a free kick in the closing seconds off what looked like a phantom foul, as if to give them one more last ditch set piece attempt to tie it. Weird game all around. I wouldn't judge very much about BYU based on it.
          When BYU plays UVU again, they should have some field and officiating requirements.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

When BYU plays UVU again, they should have some field and officiating requirements.
            Hopefully we don't play them at their place again. There's no real reason for it other than to be friendly.

Comment

Hopefully we don't play them at their place again. There's no real reason for it other than to be friendly.
              Big Sister doesn't need to be friendly. Playing them should be enough.

Comment

BYU up 2-0 with 12 minutes left @ #14 Kansas

Comment

Final. 2-0.

Very impressive road win.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Awesome. I wondered how the red card and injury issues would affect the match. What a great start to the season for them.
                    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                      Awesome. I wondered how the red card and injury issues would affect the match. What a great start to the season for them.
                      Bro, you have work to do. We’re waiting . . .
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        Bro, you have work to do. We’re waiting . . .
                        Hah, no. Someone else can take a turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                          Hah, no. Someone else can take a turn.
                          Who are the injured players? I would assume Folino since she was a key player last year who has only played in part of one game this season, I believe.

Comment

Who are the injured players? I would assume Folino since she was a key player last year who has only played in part of one game this season, I believe.
                            I had bad information. The person who told me about the injury was confusing women's soccer with women's basketball. I believe she was thinking of the Shaylee Gonzales (WBB player) injury.

Comment

BYU dominated K-State with 29 shots and 13 shots on goal compared with K-State's 9 and 2. Tucker had a hat trick and overcame her whoopsies of the KU game.

BYU is heading into a pivotal stretch that will determine likely NCAA bid and seeding. LBeach State has played some of the better teams and Santa Clara is always a tough match while Pepperdine defeated Stanford. The WCC is under-rated IMHO, but we shall see. Gonzaga has a former BYU assistant at the helm and is on the upswing.

Comment

BYU dominated K-State with 29 shots and 13 shots on goal compared with K-State's 9 and 2. Tucker had a hat trick and overcame her whoopsies of the KU game.

BYU is heading into a pivotal stretch that will determine likely NCAA bid and seeding. LBeach State has played some of the better teams and Santa Clara is always a tough match while Pepperdine defeated Stanford. The WCC is under-rated IMHO, but we shall see. Gonzaga has a former BYU assistant at the helm and is on the upswing.
                                He was the de facto coach when he was at BYU. Too bad he left.

Comment

Working...
                                X