The official triathlon thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Moliere
    One man.....one pie
    • Oct 2009
    • 27898

    #151
    Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
    FB came through with an update. Dehydrated, delirious, but not quitting. He's waiting it out at a aid station with 6 miles to go.
    That's the Nik I know. Dude's insane. He'll probably crawl to the finish if he has to.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

    Comment

    • scottie
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 5247

      #152
      Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
      FB came through with an update. Dehydrated, delirious, but not quitting. He's waiting it out at a aid station with 6 miles to go.
      That 6 miles is going to feel like 60 miles.

      Comment

      • Moliere
        One man.....one pie
        • Oct 2009
        • 27898

        #153
        Originally posted by scottie View Post
        That 6 miles is going to feel like 60 miles.
        He should be able to walk it in 2 hours.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

        Comment

        • Mrs. Funk
          Lawyer Wannabe
          • Nov 2008
          • 2690

          #154
          Push it, nik! We're rooting for you.
          "You know, I was looking at your shirt and your scarf and I was thinking that if you had leaned over, I could have seen everything." ~Trial Ad Judge

          Comment

          • scottie
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 5247

            #155
            Watching the finish line live from the link PAC posted... Can't believe how badly I want to do one of those.

            Comment

            • scottie
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 5247

              #156
              One guy stopped and proposed to his girlfriend (she was a spectator) right before crossing. Pretty cool. I wonder if he carried the ring for the whole run (I assume it was in his gear from the bike-to-run transition).

              Comment

              • MarkGrace
                Grooveshark dick tease
                • Dec 2008
                • 31546

                #157
                Just saw an 18 year old kid from Kaysville. Impressive.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

                Comment

                • Moliere
                  One man.....one pie
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 27898

                  #158
                  He's up and moving (I assume) since he just passed another time marker. He's now around 20 minutes per mile, which means he's walking. Most people still running aren't really going much faster than 13-15 minutes per mile.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                  Comment

                  • ewth8tr
                    Reverend of Irreverence
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 2347

                    #159
                    I'm wondering if the website is being updated live, because it was around an hour ago that his wife posted he had 6 miles left, but the last update on the site was about 10 minutes ago showing him with 8.4 to go.

                    Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
                    "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

                    Comment

                    • ewth8tr
                      Reverend of Irreverence
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 2347

                      #160
                      It must have been a slow update, because it just updated again, he's got 4.6 to go.

                      Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
                      "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

                      Comment

                      • Coach McGuirk
                        1
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 12109

                        #161
                        He's gone through the 21.6 mile mark now. At this pace he will finish in another 1:45-2:00.

                        Comment

                        • scottie
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 5247

                          #162
                          If I ever do one of these and could script it, the song playing right now would be what I'd want playing when I cross -- U2's Where the Streets Have No Name.

                          Comment

                          • The_Douger
                            Athletic Supporter
                            • Jun 2012
                            • 5413

                            #163
                            Is there a certain time everyone has to finish by? Good luck to him. I think that's an amazing accomplishment.
                            Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                            Comment

                            • Coach McGuirk
                              1
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 12109

                              #164
                              Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                              Is there a certain time everyone has to finish by? Good luck to him. I think that's an amazing accomplishment.
                              17 hours.

                              Comment

                              • The_Douger
                                Athletic Supporter
                                • Jun 2012
                                • 5413

                                #165
                                Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                                17 hours.
                                He's in good shape then. Good deal.
                                Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

                                Comment

                                Working...