No announcement yet.

Bicycle log for those who need accountability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9.9 miles sticking primarily to local bike paths..
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• 30.5 miles so far today. Great riding conditions this morning - cool, breezy but not windy. Rode down to and along the river, then into the office. Another 7 miles or so to get home.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• 31.9 miles today on a leisurely ride with my 10-year-old. In spite of numerous stops at various parks (and for dinner), he was still pretty worn out for the last 5 or so miles.
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
          31.9 miles today on a leisurely ride with my 10-year-old. In spite of numerous stops at various parks (and for dinner), he was still pretty worn out for the last 5 or so miles.
          Nice. That's a solid ride for a ten year old.
          I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
            Nice. That's a solid ride for a ten year old.
            For some reason I expected that he'd have more energy than me. But those last few miles, any time I got higher than first gear (out of seven) he started lagging behind.
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• 12.1 miles this morning - 1 before basketball, the rest after.
              Last edited by Pelado; 05-18-2015, 09:01 AM.
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• 1 mile to basketball, 20.1 miles after. I explored a segment of Greenbelt along the river that I had never ridden before.

- Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Pulled my youngest to and from the bike shop today - 2 miles. I'm over 100 miles for the last fiscal week. I don't know how you people do the Lotoja-type rides - my bum has been sore since riding 30+ miles last week.

Sorry, no pictures today.
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Pelado, congrats on your riding and the increase in mileage. I'm doing about 100 miles a week. Stormy afternoons have hurt me some. We resume our Saturday morning rides this week which will add intensity to the miles.

Comment

• It's been wet here which has been a deterrent on some days. I got in 14.1 miles today.

#ilovetoseethetempleconstruction
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Got a nice view from the ridge riding along the path by the canal on Saturday (picture doesn't really do it justice):

22 miles on Saturday
                        0.9 miles on Sunday (pulling one daughter)
                        14.5 miles yesterday
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I'll typically ride my bike to basketball on Wednesdays. I opted out today, in part because of the heavy rain, but mostly because of the lightning and thunder. I rode after basketball, but only got in a slow 7.4 miles.

There was a synchronization error with Strava when I tried to upload the results. The activity carried through to the MyFitnessPal app, but I don't see it in my Strava feed. Anyone know how to fix that?
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• After 5.5 miles this morning, I heard a loud popping sound, followed by escaping air. Fortunately, I was only 2.6 miles from home, so I had a nice walk.

Got in 12.2 miles last night.
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• So in addition to the flat tire, at least one spoke was broken. Replaced the rim.
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• 11.4 per Strava. At least one of those miles was walking/jogging the bike back to the bike shop after another flat. Looked like the rim had sliced through the lip of the tire without our having noticed with the flat fix on Friday. New tube and a new, better tire today.
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X