Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These are getting ridiculous.

https://youtu.be/BM0oQIRIyrs
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
      These are getting ridiculous.

https://youtu.be/BM0oQIRIyrs
      That is crazy. I wonder how many takes he had to do for some of those. I'm hoping only 1 take for the rail by the cliff.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
        That is crazy. I wonder how many takes he had to do for some of those. I'm hoping only 1 take for the rail by the cliff.
        Of all of those, the 180 onto the rollers might have impressed me the most.

Comment

• Crazy good video. I'd love to watch that live.

Comment

• Then there's this. I had no idea but apparently Martyn Ashton suffered an accident during the filming of Road Bike Party 2 back in 2013 and has been paralyzed from the waist down ever since. It again reinforces how dangerous these stunts are. This was his first time back on a bike.

https://youtu.be/kX_hn3Xf90g

EDIT: Apparently the accident occurred just before filming Road Bike Party 2.

This behind the scenes are very interesting. https://youtu.be/xhI3CUDEWfU
            Last edited by Dwight Schr-ute; 07-02-2015, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
              Then there's this. I had no idea but apparently Martyn Ashton suffered an accident during the filming of Road Bike Party 2 back in 2013 and has been paralyzed from the waist down ever since. It again reinforces how dangerous these stunts are. This was his first time back on a bike.

https://youtu.be/kX_hn3Xf90g
              Wow, that would be really hard to do, with no good way to move your body around to change your center of gravity around corners and off bumps. Every bump would compress you into the saddle or bounce you off it, even with the seat belt, and you can't shift your weight to the rear, either. Good for him to be able to do it; I doubt many others would be able to do that. I'm almost always out of the saddle and moving around on the bike on descents.

Comment

• What types of brakes are you guys using - hydralic disc, mechanical disc, etc.? Anything to stay away from?
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I just use the regular caliper (?) brakes. The wheels are round, though, so I guess you could say I have disc brakes.
                  "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                    What types of brakes are you guys using - hydralic disc, mechanical disc, etc.? Anything to stay away from?
                    My mountain bike has hydraulic disc brakes; road bike is standard rim brakes. If you're just going around the block or commuting, rim brakes are fine. But I would also stick with name brands, not a low-end cheapo. Better quality brakes would hold their adjustments better and also give you a better chance of finding replacement pads.

Comment

My mountain bike has hydraulic disc brakes; road bike is standard rim brakes. If you're just going around the block or commuting, rim brakes are fine. But I would also stick with name brands, not a low-end cheapo. Better quality brakes would hold their adjustments better and also give you a better chance of finding replacement pads.
                      Which name brands should I stick with? Any examples of low-end cheapos?
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Which name brands should I stick with? Any examples of low-end cheapos?
                        My idea of a low-end cheapo would be Tektro. They're probably ok, but in my mind, they're low end. Better quality brakes include SRAM, Shimano, and Avid. What kind of bike and type of cycling are you doing that you'd need new brakes?

Comment

My idea of a low-end cheapo would be Tektro. They're probably ok, but in my mind, they're low end. Better quality brakes include SRAM, Shimano, and Avid. What kind of bike and type of cycling are you doing that you'd need new brakes?
                          Thinking of getting a new bike. I've been riding a Trek Pure comfort bike. While comfy, it has its limitations. It's not particularly fast. Also, going up steeper inclines is really hard on my knees - the pedals are set forward so I can't really stand up in the saddle and I only have 7 gears to work with.

I've been looking at the Trek DS series.
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Thinking of getting a new bike. I've been riding a Trek Pure comfort bike. While comfy, it has its limitations. It's not particularly fast. Also, going up steeper inclines is really hard on my knees - the pedals are set forward so I can't really stand up in the saddle and I only have 7 gears to work with.

I've been looking at the Trek DS series.
                            It is almost always a better deal to buy a new bike than to try to replace a major component system like brakes or derailleurs. My bikes are all getting pretty old at this point, so I dont have much of the latest or greatest gear. Hydraulic disc on the mtn bike; cantilever shortys on my touring frame, shimano side and center pulls on my road frames. Although as J. P points out, they are all pretty much disc brakes. If you're thinking about a new bike, pick out a frame you like from a reputable manufacturer (like trek, for example) and then try to get mid-range components. The best (read most expensive) gruppos are sometimes worth it, but the quality of the middle and lower end gruppos from major manufacturers has gotten so much better than I think you reach a point of diminishing returns much earlier, at a much lower price point, than you used to.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                              It is almost always a better deal to buy a new bike than to try to replace a major component system like brakes or derailleurs. My bikes are all getting pretty old at this point, so I dont have much of the latest or greatest gear. Hydraulic disc on the mtn bike; cantilever shortys on my touring frame, shimano side and center pulls on my road frames. Although as J. P points out, they are all pretty much disc brakes. If you're thinking about a new bike, pick out a frame you like from a reputable manufacturer (like trek, for example) and then try to get mid-range components. The best (read most expensive) gruppos are sometimes worth it, but the quality of the middle and lower end gruppos from major manufacturers has gotten so much better than I think you reach a point of diminishing returns much earlier, at a much lower price point, than you used to.
                              Let's pretend for a second that I don't know what you mean by "gruppos".
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Let's pretend for a second that I don't know what you mean by "gruppos".
                                campy-record-11.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X