The Giro is upon us

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • creekster
    It is NOT a monkey!
    • Nov 2008
    • 22661

    #1

    The Giro is upon us

    And if you think I am tlaking about a greek sandwich this htread may not be for you.

    ANy predictions? I need to start warming up for the TdF contest in a couple of months.

    How about podium predicitons and whether you think Team Radioshack really cares about the Tour de California or if they are just trying to avoid Alberto.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.
  • beelzebabette
    Golf & Cubs Disrespecter
    • Nov 2008
    • 2907

    #2
    Sheesh. I just barely made it through the Fleche Wallone last night.

    I'll have to catch up before making predictions, but w/ regards to your last question I'm going to guess they're trying to build up a team pedigree--perhaps have more victors than just Chris Horner--more than avoiding Contador.

    But, as always, I have little idea what I'm talking about.

    Comment

    • creekster
      It is NOT a monkey!
      • Nov 2008
      • 22661

      #3
      The bad news is that apparently not too many here have been waiting for the giro with bated breath.

      The good news is that it looks like there is a good chance BBB and I will both finish in the top two.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

      Comment

      • SteelBlue
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 8189

        #4
        Creek any idea if there will be Giro coverage here in the states? It looks like VS is sticking with the Tour o' California.

        Comment

        • creekster
          It is NOT a monkey!
          • Nov 2008
          • 22661

          #5
          Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
          Creek any idea if there will be Giro coverage here in the states? It looks like VS is sticking with the Tour o' California.
          Last year there was a web site that broadcast it live and I suspect that might happen again (I cant recall the link right now but if I come across it I will post it).
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

          Comment

          • mtnbiker
            it's all a blur
            • Mar 2009
            • 2573

            #6
            Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
            Creek any idea if there will be Giro coverage here in the states? It looks like VS is sticking with the Tour o' California.
            Universal Sports is covering it (http://www.universalsports.com/cycli...ule/index.html). I think justin.tv might also have a webcast of some kind. Or possibly steephill.tv (http://www.steephill.tv/giro-d-italia/).

            Comment

            • bluegoose
              7th round draft pick
              • Nov 2008
              • 4121

              #7
              I believe that I have followed on universal sports in the past and it looks like they will be broadcasting this year as well.

              http://www.universalsports.com/cycling/index.html

              Starts on May 8th at 9:30am EST.

              I admittedly haven't had a whole lot of time to read up on the Giro yet, but I hope to in the next few days.

              Comment

              • Coach McGuirk
                1
                • Nov 2008
                • 12109

                #8
                I am just waiting until this news is finished coming out until I choose a winner,

                Comment

                • creekster
                  It is NOT a monkey!
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 22661

                  #9
                  UNiversal TV is the web site i was thinking of. But beware, the commentator they used last year was not very god. He lacked the insight of Sherwen, the enthusiasm and patter of Liggett, and the goofiness of Bobke. He was much better htan Al the trout trautwig, however.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                  Comment

                  • Coach McGuirk
                    1
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 12109

                    #10
                    Originally posted by creekster View Post
                    UNiversal TV is the web site i was thinking of. But beware, the commentator they used last year was not very god. He lacked the insight of Sherwen, the enthusiasm and patter of Liggett, and the goofiness of Bobke. He was much better htan Al the trout trautwig, however.

                    I thought he was even worse that Trautwig. I seriously couldn't stand listening to him.

                    Comment

                    • creekster
                      It is NOT a monkey!
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 22661

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                      I thought he was even worse that Trautwig. I seriously couldn't stand listening to him.
                      he was preytty abd, but at least he understood bike racing,. Trautwig had no clue (although he got better over time).
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                      Comment

                      • bluegoose
                        7th round draft pick
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 4121

                        #12
                        On an unrelated note, when did cyclingnews.com change the layout of their website? They have always had good racing information, but I have usually just followed velonews because cyclingnews had an unreadable format. Way too busy on their front page.

                        Comment

                        • creekster
                          It is NOT a monkey!
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 22661

                          #13
                          Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                          On an unrelated note, when did cyclingnews.com change the layout of their website? They have always had good racing information, but I have usually just followed velonews because cyclingnews had an unreadable format. Way too busy on their front page.
                          They were doing the beta duinrg last yer's TdF and switched over compeltely some time (maybe 7-8 months?) ago. I like it better now.
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                          Comment

                          • RC Vikings
                            Known Heterosexual
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 8789

                            #14
                            Originally posted by creekster View Post
                            he was preytty abd, but at least he understood bike racing,. Trautwig had no clue (although he got better over time).
                            John Tesh set the bar pretty high for everybody when he was doing the TDF back in the 80's.

                            Comment

                            • creekster
                              It is NOT a monkey!
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 22661

                              #15
                              Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                              John Tesh set the bar pretty high for everybody when he was doing the TDF back in the 80's.
                              Lol. I forgot about that. Thos elush soundtracks used ot drive me nuts. I wanted info and they wanted to turn it into some sort of weird music video. AL the Trout is not as bad as that, I agree.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                              Comment

                              Working...