Why not go to Miles more?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jay santos
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 13652

    #1

    Why not go to Miles more?

    He's shooting 70% for the season. Against USU he was 3/3 from field. We didn't go to him. He got that 4th foul but then Rose kept him on the bench till I think around 3:30.
  • Surfah
    Where's Wallace?
    • Nov 2008
    • 33726

    #2
    Originally posted by jay santos View Post
    He's shooting 70% for the season. Against USU he was 3/3 from field. We didn't go to him. He got that 4th foul but then Rose kept him on the bench till I think around 3:30.
    Wilkinson was killing him that game. Can't score when you're saddled with foul trouble.

    I was hard on Miles at the start of the season but his game is coming together much better and faster than I anticipated. I think I said somewhere that if he could be a 10 and 10 guy then this team could be special. I think he's close. At least a lot closer than not.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

    Comment

    • cougjunkie
      *Banned*
      • Nov 2008
      • 23223

      #3
      He was in foul trouble. He also was not doing a very good job of getting deep in the post, he is most effective when he gets deep.
      *Banned*

      Comment

      • jay santos
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 13652

        #4
        Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        He was in foul trouble. He also was not doing a very good job of getting deep in the post, he is most effective when he gets deep.
        Obviously he was in foul trouble and didn't get normal minutes. I thought USU's post D was not that great and he could score when we got it to him. With Lee out of the game, I thought it was obvious to try to go to him in the final 5 minutes. 1) he didn't get in the game soon enough i thought 2) they never even looked at him in the post in those last possessions.

        Comment

        • cougjunkie
          *Banned*
          • Nov 2008
          • 23223

          #5
          Originally posted by jay santos View Post
          Obviously he was in foul trouble and didn't get normal minutes. I thought USU's post D was not that great and he could score when we got it to him. With Lee out of the game, I thought it was obvious to try to go to him in the final 5 minutes. 1) he didn't get in the game soon enough i thought 2) they never even looked at him in the post in those last possessions.
          Another reason is that he is a liability at the free throw line. So I am sure they were worried about going to him down the stretch.
          *Banned*

          Comment

          • smokymountainrain
            Impressive Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 22593

            #6
            Maybe Miles should go to himself a little more.

            In other words, get an effin' rebound for crying out loud.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

            Comment

            • Indy Coug
              Heartless Bastard
              • Dec 2008
              • 18747

              #7
              I'll actually agree with SMR for a change: Miles' rebounding has been pathetic.
              Everything in life is an approximation.

              http://twitter.com/CougarStats

              Comment

              Working...