2019-2020 BYU Cougars basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teej not giving up yet. Nails.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Fuck these guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• What a bummer. Woulda been a huge in conference Q1 win without their best player.

Dangit.

Comment

• Probably there is a coach with a more punchable face than Randy Bennett but I can't think of it.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Nixon with three missed layups in final minutes and OT. Kinda offsets the extra possessions he gets us with his hustle.

Oh, and shoot when the buzzer is going off.

Comment

• The result notwithstanding, that was a fun game to watch. Pope has this team playing D and competing. Shots will fall some nights others they won’t. I have zero criticism about the way anyone played.

This team makes a lot fewer mental mistakes than the vast majority of Rose’s did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                The result notwithstanding, that was a fun game to watch. Pope has this team playing D and competing. Shots will fall some nights others they won’t. I have zero criticism about the way anyone played.

This team makes a lot fewer mental mistakes than the vast majority of Rose’s did.

Agreed, except the failure to challenge the three-point shot at the end of the first half bugged me. Still, overall, it looks like much better defense and discipline this year.

Comment

• I agree with one exception: as wapiti pointed out, passing the ball with less than a second on the clock could be considered a mental mistake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                    I agree with one exception: as wapiti pointed out, passing the ball with less than a second on the clock could be considered a mental mistake.
                    I didn't see the game, only listened. We were down three. Was MVP positioned to take a three pointer?
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                      I didn't see the game, only listened. We were down three. Was MVP positioned to take a three pointer?
                      Yes.

I'm not as charitable as Art. I'll also take issue with the ball popping out of Seljass' hands at the top of the key not once, but at least twice, leading to two fast-break opportunities for the Gaels.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Man, is there anyone worse around the rim than MVP? That dude just has a hard time with layups.

Comment

• Up 21 at half and Portland has already cut it to 7 with plenty of time left. That does not please me.

Comment

• Back up to 17. Finish them.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                              Back up to 17. Finish them.
                              Y'all will be pleased to know that BYU did, indeed, finish them.

Comment

• While I was pleased with the win, I couldn't help thinking that it would have been nice to switch out one of the 15 3-point makes tonight with one of the misses against St Mary's.
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X