Time for Dave Rose to move along?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Y'all excited for the Pope era? UVU lost yesterday, so that coincides nicely for today's PC

Comment

• I’ve mentioned before that BYU for some reason thinks I was a member of the basketball team. I just got this:

Comment

• Our very own insider. Thanks CA.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Thanks again Coach Rose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              I am starting to think we are going nowhere with Dave Rose. He had a nice run with Jimmer, but seems to have perpetually underachieved since then. His defenses are atrocious. The players don't seem particularly loyal. We would be far better this year with Mika. And many of the players that leave to play elsewhere seem to flourish after leaving. What is most troubling to me this year is that the teams seem to have regressed as the season goes on. That is not an indicator of good coaching.

Yeah, I get that he has a respectable W/L record and lots of 20-win seasons, but on the rare occasion we make the Big Dance, we almost always flame out in the first round. And perennial 3rd place finishes in the WCC are nothing to brag about.

I think it is time for him to move on and give someone else a shot. Agree or disagree?
              Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
              Bump

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                Bump

Don't ever doubt me, amigos.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Don't ever doubt me, amigos.
                  You're a legend killer, make no mistake!

Comment

• Don't get on Lebowski's bad side.

Comment

• In Dave's own words:

I kind of have three coaching pillars for me. One is my mind, a coaching mind, my body, my physical body, a coaching body, and then what I consider a coaching soul, which is my heart. My mind I fought for years. You get tired, you get frustrated, you get mad, you can’t figure things out, and I’ve always been able to talk my mind back into it’s time to accept the next challenge; let’s get the next team, let’s go. My body would be tired at times but I could always get myself up and get going. And make my body do it. But it’s my coaching soul that has put me here today. I always tell everybody: you can’t trick how you feel. You can pretend, you can ignore it, but you know inside how you feel. And my coaching soul said it was time, time to be done.
                      https://byucougars.com/story/m-baske...ement-from-BYU
                      Last edited by Pelado; 03-26-2019, 02:10 PM.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Ugh. I feel sad for basketball. Rough times are afoot.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                          Ugh. I feel sad for basketball. Rough times are afoot.
                          We will get a new coach and some new energy into the program. Yeah, sad to see an era come to an end, but the future is bright.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

We will get a new coach and some new energy into the program. Yeah, sad to see an era come to an end, but the future is bright.
                            WOnder if Pope will bring any UVU transfers?
                            *Banned*

Comment

That's what Ute fans said when our idiot AD fired the best coach in the history of our program (not saying that Rose was fired). I hope Pope is an asshole, I don't like BYU having coaches that are nice. I also hope that Pope sucks as a coach.
                              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                                Right before he said that he made an interesting remark that his doctor said he'd been playing with house money for 10 years. Made me think his health may have a played a large role in his retirement.

I wish the best for Rose. I love him. He is a great coach and I loved his temperament on the sideline. My favorite moments were when he had enough and he'd rip his coat off and throw it on the floor.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X