• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This game angers my soul.

Comment

• Wow. Same ole result.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
        I appreciate this team's effort but am disappointed BYU is not very good. Another year and another loss to SMC. Yuck.
        You are dumb. This team is good. So is smc. And I hate them.

Comment

• Death to Australia!

Comment

• Randy Bennett is so punchable.

Comment

• Pretty disappointing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Finally all of you are coming around to SMC hate.

Comment

• Swearwords. Lots of them.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                    This team is in transition. You can't expect a complete change overnight. They are moving in the right direction. SMC has 3 seniors that start. BYU is better than last year but they aren't where they will be.

Comment

• That sucked — two evenly matched teams. Too bad BYU couldn’t hang on to that lead in regulation. I still like this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
                        This team is in transition. You can't expect a complete change overnight. They are moving in the right direction. SMC has 3 seniors that start. BYU is better than last year but they aren't where they will be.
                        This is accurate. But I was more accurate than Topper's nonsense. A high bar, I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                          It all depends upon what your definition of good is. My definition is earning a Tourney invite. This team is not Tourney worthy, and hence according to my definition not good. It is not "dumb" as you so elegantly express yourself, but perhaps a heightened standard to which you are unwilling to hold BYU to.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• 2017-2018 BYU hoops........

There are plenty of boarderline good teams that may or may not make the tourney. THat is the definition of a bubble team. Some get in and some don’t. BYU is still one of those teams. The loss today though painful is not an elimination game.

Last edited by Flystripper; 12-30-2017, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                              There are plenty of boarderline good teams that may or may not make the tourney. THat is the definition of a bubble team. Some get in and some don’t. BYU is still one of those teams. The loss today though painful is not an elimination game.

If BYU does not take two of the remaining three games from SMC and Gonzaga it will be eliminated.

But, in reality, BYU doesn't have enough Tourney Quality Players. It has two bubble quality players in Childs and EB. I thought TJ might become that, but he has lost confidence in his shot and Seljaas is not reliable. With two bubble players, one can't expect much.

Gavin Baxter will add another TQP, but the rest of BYU's players are not good enough to get BYU there.

Rose focuses upon players with offensive skills, not players with the necessary athleticism to play high level, high intensity defense. SDSU focuses upon that, and its style is horrifically ugly, but effective. BYU could use a good mix of those players with a few shooters thrown in. Right now, BYU doesn't have any reliable shooters, and doesn't have the athleticism to play high level, high intensity defense. That's why against well-coached teams such as SMC and Gonzaga BYU often comes up short.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                                If BYU does not take two of the remaining three games from SMC and Gonzaga it will be eliminated.

But, in reality, BYU doesn't have enough Tourney Quality Players. It has two bubble quality players in Childs and EB. I thought TJ might become that, but he has lost confidence in his shot and Seljaas is not reliable. With two bubble players, one can't expect much.

Gavin Baxter will add another TQP, but the rest of BYU's players are not good enough to get BYU there.

Rose focuses upon players with offensive skills, not players with the necessary athleticism to play high level, high intensity defense. SDSU focuses upon that, and its style is horrifically ugly, but effective. BYU could use a good mix of those players with a few shooters thrown in. Right now, BYU doesn't have any reliable shooters, and doesn't have the athleticism to play high level, high intensity defense. That's why against well-coached teams such as SMC and Gonzaga BYU often comes up short.
                                I don't see Baxter as a big upgrade on any of our current players. He'll be interesting to see how he develops. He's very different than the type of player we usually recruit. Crazy hops and explosive athleticism. But then also not as polished or the high basketball IQ you expect from a typical white Mormon recruit.

Anyway. The loss hurt, but I was encouraged by the game. I wasn't sure how good we were, but that game answered a lot. We didn't play our best and should have or at least had a great shot to beat a very good St Mary's team. We need Haws or Seljaas to be on to be really good, and they weren't, yet we were right there.

Comment

Working...
                                X