Aggie Tears are the ultimate palate cleanser: BYU vs. Utah State

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BigPiney
    Huge Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 12365

    #76
    Originally posted by Crockett View Post
    Not much mention of it here, but I really like Yoeli and the progress he has been making. Dude cleans up around the rim and scores some points too. He helped out a ton last night. He should be getting more love.
    Totally agree. I seem to remember reading that some were down on him because of his attitude and possibly not being coachable. Part of the reason the utes didn't even offer. Blah blah blah.

    He has been a welcome surprise. Plays with a lot of heart.

    Comment

    • falafel
      loves to talk on things
      • Mar 2009
      • 37975

      #77
      Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
      Re: Haws- he seems like he is too ahead of the team right now. He makes quick passes that the receivers don't expect, he makes the extra pass that no one expects, that's why it looks like he is out playing by himself. But after they get used to him, they should be gelling around March Madness. At least, that's my hope.



      The only thing good about the UVU game is that we will soon have that coach. That's what I am telling myself.
      You mean when Dave Rose leaves/retires? Cause we had that coach once already.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

      Dig your own grave, and save!

      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69687

        #78
        Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
        Re: Haws- he seems like he is too ahead of the team right now. He makes quick passes that the receivers don't expect, he makes the extra pass that no one expects, that's why it looks like he is out playing by himself. But after they get used to him, they should be gelling around March Madness. At least, that's my hope.



        The only thing good about the UVU game is that we will soon have that coach. That's what I am telling myself.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • Katy Lied
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 9435

          #79
          I've always liked the Pope.

          Also, where is Rice kicking it these days?

          Comment

          • jay santos
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 13652

            #80
            Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
            Re: Haws- he seems like he is too ahead of the team right now. He makes quick passes that the receivers don't expect, he makes the extra pass that no one expects, that's why it looks like he is out playing by himself. But after they get used to him, they should be gelling around March Madness. At least, that's my hope.



            The only thing good about the UVU game is that we will soon have that coach. That's what I am telling myself.
            Didn't realize he was LDS. Looked him up. I guess he is. I also never knew Lynn Archibald was his father in law.

            Comment

            • BlueK
              Senior Member
              • May 2011
              • 7189

              #81
              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Fans are dumb.
              yup, especially those who post a lot on that other site.

              Comment

              • cougjunkie
                *Banned*
                • Nov 2008
                • 23223

                #82
                Originally posted by Crockett View Post
                Yeah this has been worrying. LJ Rose supposedly shot 40% before BYU. At least he finally hit a couple last night, but he has struggled from 3 until now. Guinn went 0-5 and Haws 0-4 from 3 last night. I really miss Seljass right now. Emery is shooting 40% for the season even though he had a bad night last night. Really hope these guys can get their outside shots right and soon.
                LOL. That 40% he shot last year? He was 2-5.

                LJ is not a good shooter, he is great at a lot of other things, but shooting is not one of them. Teams will sag off him all year long. His career average from the floor is 36% from 3 it is 33%. He is a black Matt Montague.
                *Banned*

                Comment

                • Flystripper
                  Degenerate Gambler
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 14089

                  #83
                  Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                  LOL. That 40% he shot last year? He was 2-5.

                  LJ is not a good shooter, he is great at a lot of other things, but shooting is not one of them. Teams will sag off him all year long. His career average from the floor is 36% from 3 it is 33%. He is a black Matt Montague.
                  a bit taller and a bit better rebounder (this year) but similar.
                  Dyslexics are teople poo...

                  Comment

                  • Commando
                    Explosivo
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 20748

                    #84
                    Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                    Re: Haws- he seems like he is too ahead of the team right now. He makes quick passes that the receivers don't expect, he makes the extra pass that no one expects, that's why it looks like he is out playing by himself. But after they get used to him, they should be gelling around March Madness. At least, that's my hope.



                    The only thing good about the UVU game is that we will soon have that coach. That's what I am telling myself.


                    Yes if only there was a way to duplicate the magic he created by making his players play out of their minds almost as though they had something to prove... dunno.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                    Comment

                    • BlueK
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2011
                      • 7189

                      #85
                      Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                      I seem to remember reading that some were down on him because of his attitude and possibly not being coachable. Part of the reason the utes didn't even offer. Blah blah blah.

                      He has been a welcome surprise. Plays with a lot of heart.
                      Pretty sure only utes were saying that. It must be their PR strategy to explain why coach Krystomaniac totally missed the boat on him. I've only heard the opposite about him from BYU people.

                      Comment

                      • Commando
                        Explosivo
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 20748

                        #86
                        Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                        Totally agree. I seem to remember reading that some were down on him because of his attitude and possibly not being coachable. Part of the reason the utes didn't even offer. Blah blah blah.

                        He has been a welcome surprise. Plays with a lot of heart.
                        I love his fire. That's what i like to see. I notice that Mika has it too, but is able to keep his composure a bit better.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

                        Comment

                        • BigFatMeanie
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 7113

                          #87
                          Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                          Re: Haws- he seems like he is too ahead of the team right now. He makes quick passes that the receivers don't expect, he makes the extra pass that no one expects, that's why it looks like he is out playing by himself. But after they get used to him, they should be gelling around March Madness. At least, that's my hope.



                          The only thing good about the UVU game is that we will soon have that coach. That's what I am telling myself.
                          Do you think after the team gets used to Haws he'll end up making the layup off the behind-the-back with a spin move or that he'll still brick it?

                          Comment

                          • BigFatMeanie
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 7113

                            #88
                            Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                            Totally agree. I seem to remember reading that some were down on him because of his attitude and possibly not being coachable. Part of the reason the utes didn't even offer. Blah blah blah.

                            He has been a welcome surprise. Plays with a lot of heart.
                            I will cop to relaying the Bingham High gossip about Yoeli's attitude and coachability and will also say that he has exceeded my expectations except for the first exhibition game where he had 5 fouls in 9 minutes and 1 rebound. Since then, he's steadily improved and when he plus the other 4 starters are on the floor it's my favorite lineup (yeah, he started last night because Davis was hurt).

                            Yoeli, I apologize for gossiping about you.

                            Comment

                            • BigFatMeanie
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 7113

                              #89
                              Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                              Pretty sure only utes were saying that. It must be their PR strategy to explain why coach Krystomaniac totally missed the boat on him. I've only heard the opposite about him from BYU people.
                              I just fessed up to it, and I'm no Ute.

                              Comment

                              • Jeff Lebowski
                                Corporate lackey for Jesus
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 69687

                                #90
                                Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                                Do you think after the team gets used to Haws he'll end up making the layup off the behind-the-back with a spin move or that he'll still brick it?
                                Yes. And once the basket gets used to his shot, he will stop shooting airballs on his long threes.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                                Comment

                                Working...