BYU Basketball 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HBCoug View Post
    The memory of his neck zit will live on.
    Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    it's a boil
    we don't know for sure that it is a boil.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      we don't know for sure that it is a boil.
      i've watched a lot of various youtube pimple popping videos and am something of an expert on the subject. it is a boil.
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
        i've watched a lot of various youtube pimple popping videos and am something of an expert on the subject. it is a boil.
        speaking of youtube videos, have any of you seen those cat v cucumber videos where the cat sees a cucumber and jumps sky high? I am not a fan of cute cat vids, but those are amusing.

PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Thanks Dayton!

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
            Haws and Mika get back in mid April and May. Dastrup doesn't get back until mid July.
            Haws gets back in March.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
              Haws gets back in March.
              Plenty of time to shake off the mission rust.

Comment

Haws gets back in March.
                I was going off his MTC date which was mid April.

Comment

Next year's talent influx is incredible with Mika, Haws, Dastrup, Bryant and Childs. Are Baxter and Harding sign and serve first players?

Comment

Originally posted by Nakoma View Post
                    Next year's talent influx is incredible with Mika, Haws, Dastrup, Bryant and Childs. Are Baxter and Harding sign and serve first players?
                    I think they expect Baxter and Harding to go on missions right out of HS.

Comment

Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                      I was going off his MTC date which was mid April.
                      I'm going off the program. It says March. I'll let you know if it changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nakoma View Post
                        Coaches worried about Dastrup's weight.

Comment

Coaches worried about Dastrup's weight.
                          Missions...
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                            I think they expect Baxter and Harding to go on missions right out of HS.
                            I watched Madison and Highland play last night and Harding is a nice player. The problem I see with him is that he is a tweener, not big enough to put at forward and not quick enough to play guard. Would have fit in perfect at Ricks, where he could work on his game and really be a benefit to a big program his last two years.

Comment

In Rose's system I don't know that there is any significant distinction between a SF and SG.

Comment

It appears to me that the staff has lost confidence in Aytes. It will be interesting if he returns or not. I was hoping that he would step up and be able to be a contributor and if he can't this year I am doubtful he will be given much of a chance for next year. I am interested how the situation with the bigs works itself out. Mika will start at the 5 and I expect Corbin to back him up. I expect Davis to start at the 4 but am curious who else will get minutes there. I have some concerns about Yoeli Childs. I think Krysto is a dick, but I think he is a good coach and the fact that he did not offer Childs has me concerned Yoeli will be overrated. I have read a few times about Dastrup getting overweight. The coaching staff is clearly giving Hartsock minutes so I expect he will get some time as well but I am interested to see the real impact Childs will make and whether or not Dastrup ends up redshirting to allow him time to get back into shape and perhaps stretch out his eligibility. On the other hand perhaps even if he is a bit tubby-tubby he is good enough to contribute. Time will tell.

It will be interesting to see who develops into the go to guy for next years squad. I know the chatter is that Elijah Bryant is unstoppable. But that is what we heard about Kyle Davis. I like Kyle and he is a solid 4 but he is clearly stoppable and not capable to be a guy that can put a team on his back. I hope Mika is our best post player next year and develops into demanding the most attention. Kyle is best in a complimentary role. I think BYU can be really good when Mika and Emery are juniors but I just imagine it will take a year to work out who the man is going to be. The problem this year is that Kyle is good but he is not a scorer so for him to thrive he needs a man and our options to be the man are just not that good. I believe the next crop is deeper as to options but we still need one to step up and be a stud. If we had Tyler this year we would be a potential sweet 16 club. Should have redshirted him one year.
                                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                                -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Working...
                                X