WCC Tourney Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Omaha 680
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 11185

    #76
    Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
    bingo.

    though I'm not sure why that was a foul, the guy had his hands on Carlino's waist.
    WCC refs are like BYU intramural refs the day after they get the player control foul lesson. They're so amped to call it they can hardly contain themselves.

    Comment

    • Surfah
      Where's Wallace?
      • Nov 2008
      • 33726

      #77
      Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
      bingo.

      though I'm not sure why that was a foul, the guy had his hands on Carlino's waist.
      He's been riding Carlino and our other guards all night long. For a whistle happy conference I am surprised the kid hasn't fouled out. I guess since he's small and quick he gets away with it. Our guys, Carlino especially, are not handling that pressure well.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

      Comment

      • Clark Addison
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 10316

        #78
        Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
        That's kind of what I meant. Maybe it's just refreshing to not see a guy clank shots and get the ball stolen every other time he touches it.
        I guess so, but then you could call Martineau the most consistent guy on the team. He has the same game every time.

        Comment

        • pellegrino
          miserere me
          • Jan 2009
          • 12100

          #79
          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          He's been riding Carlino and our other guards all night long. For a whistle happy conference I am surprised the kid hasn't fouled out. I guess since he's small and quick he gets away with it. Our guys, Carlino especially, are not handling that pressure well.
          no, he's performed very poorly.


          On an unrelated note, did the announcers really just pronounce Dellavedova with the accent on the "o"? Is that how everyone is pronouncing it? It should be with the accent on the second e to sound like DellavEdova.
          Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
          God forgives many things for an act of mercy
          Alessandro Manzoni

          Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

          pelagius

          Comment

          • Omaha 680
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2011
            • 11185

            #80
            Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
            no, he's performed very poorly.


            On an unrelated note, did the announcers really just pronounce Dellavedova with the accent on the "o"? Is that how everyone is pronouncing it? It should be with the accent on the second e to sound like DellavEdova.
            I've only heard the announcer's way. That's how I've pronounced it as well.

            Comment

            • Surfah
              Where's Wallace?
              • Nov 2008
              • 33726

              #81
              That's not a foul. He's straight up. And make your damn FTs Davies.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

              Comment

              • Omaha 680
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2011
                • 11185

                #82
                Announcer says if we lose here we'll have to sweat out selection Sunday. I think we need to win here to earn the right to sweat. If we lose here we're out. If we beat Gonzaga we can feel comfortable.

                Comment

                • CardiacCoug
                  вот так штука
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 11013

                  #83
                  Damn Hartsock got hacked there. WTF?

                  Comment

                  • Surfah
                    Where's Wallace?
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 33726

                    #84
                    BZ is a dummy too.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • LiveCoug
                      LA Ute loves me
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 18489

                      #85
                      Uggh.

                      Comment

                      • pellegrino
                        miserere me
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 12100

                        #86
                        Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        That's not a foul. He's straight up. And make your damn FTs Davies.
                        As usual these refs suck, and Davies seems a little tired, or just lazy at the freethrow line.


                        Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                        I've only heard the announcer's way. That's how I've pronounced it as well.
                        who knows, maybe that's how he pronounces it. In that case, I'd defer to him, but if he were to go to Italy they'd laugh at him for saying it like that.
                        Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                        God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                        Alessandro Manzoni

                        Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                        pelagius

                        Comment

                        • Omaha 680
                          Senior Member
                          • Jul 2011
                          • 11185

                          #87
                          At least Chuck is hustling. He made that save that we then screwed up and came up close to stealing the ball there.

                          Comment

                          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                            Time to camp
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 26082

                            #88
                            Why are they showing the SEC Women's bracket?
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

                            Comment

                            • Clark Addison
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 10316

                              #89
                              Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                              Why are they showing the SEC Women's bracket?
                              Closest matched pair to WCC men's tournament.

                              Comment

                              • pellegrino
                                miserere me
                                • Jan 2009
                                • 12100

                                #90
                                well, that took a lot longer than I wanted.

                                peace out.
                                Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                                God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                                Alessandro Manzoni

                                Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

                                pelagius

                                Comment

                                Working...