What's a Hokie?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tim
    Not Banned
    • Nov 2008
    • 4390

    #211
    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    My main takeaway from this game after having a night to sleep on it: Parrot Head has the worst cell phone camera of all time.
    Seriously. I didn't know they made cell phones with camera that did x-ray imagery.
    Visca Catalunya Lliure

    Comment

    • kccougar
      9262
      • Nov 2008
      • 7020

      #212
      That looks like a lot of blue in the stands.
      "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

      Comment

      • thesaint258
        aka Benito Hazard
        • Jan 2009
        • 3005

        #213
        Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
        I'm still furious about that last missed call. It could have been a game changer. The ESPN3 replay showed clearly that the ball went off of the VT player. The replay also showed that both refs obviously had no idea who touched the ball last. The first one admitted as much when he went to the second ref for the determination, who looked puzzled, and then ruled for the hokies.

        Arent there supposed to be 3 refs? And in a hotly contested game, shouldn't 2 of them be baseline to see the inbounds pass?

        And if neither one of them had any idea, wouldn't it be a jump ball? Instead of them just making this #@$% up? Or do they just award it to the home team?

        I agree with Lebowski, this team has fallen down on the inbounds pass this year.

        In other news, what the heck happened to Baylor? They looked all world early in the season, and now have dropped 2 straight?
        I thought it was interesting that the ref on the baseline deferred to the ref who was behind everyone. How on earth would he have been able to see anything?
        Not that, sickos.

        Comment

        • Flystripper
          Degenerate Gambler
          • Nov 2008
          • 14095

          #214
          Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
          I'm still furious about that last missed call. It could have been a game changer. The ESPN3 replay showed clearly that the ball went off of the VT player. The replay also showed that both refs obviously had no idea who touched the ball last. The first one admitted as much when he went to the second ref for the determination, who looked puzzled, and then ruled for the hokies.

          Arent there supposed to be 3 refs? And in a hotly contested game, shouldn't 2 of them be baseline to see the inbounds pass?

          And if neither one of them had any idea, wouldn't it be a jump ball? Instead of them just making this #@$% up? Or do they just award it to the home team?

          I agree with Lebowski, this team has fallen down on the inbounds pass this year.

          In other news, what the heck happened to Baylor? They looked all world early in the season, and now have dropped 2 straight?
          They may have called a jump ball. The possession arrow was in Hokies favor
          Dyslexics are teople poo...

          Comment

          • Donuthole
            Official Outgayer
            • Nov 2008
            • 25270

            #215
            Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
            Here are a few pics from last night. I forgot to take more:




            I love going to away games. One of the many reasons is that you always see something you have never seen before. This game, the thing that I had never seen was someone wearing a Nick Martineau jersey. I'm assuming he is Nick's brother, and it seems fitting that Nick's family would have seats in the next to top row:
            I sat one row above Martineau's family at the game at SDSU last year. He has a number of, um, attractive sisters.

            Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
            They may have called a jump ball. The possession arrow was in Hokies favor
            They didn't. I was telling my co-workers (we were all watching together in my office) that they should call a jump ball if the underneath ref didn't see the play (which is the only reason he wouldn't make the call). But they most definitely exited the huddle and indicated that the ball was off BYU.
            Last edited by Donuthole; 01-26-2012, 10:51 AM.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

            There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

            Comment

            • cougjunkie
              *Banned*
              • Nov 2008
              • 23223

              #216
              Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              I saw one row above Martineau's family at the game at SDSU last year. He has a number of, um, attractive sisters.

              A friend of mine is dating one of his older sisters. She is definitely not ugly.
              *Banned*

              Comment

              • Parrot Head
                Operation Hot Mother
                • Nov 2008
                • 2322

                #217
                Here I am trying to think of something nice to say about the people I enjoyed the game with and fellow CUFfers, and while it was a difficult assignment and requires lots of thought, I'm getting bombarded about the quality of the camera on my phone. Maybe I'll just take my crappy camera phone and go home!
                I have nothing else to say at this time.

                Comment

                • TripletDaddy
                  sweet triple
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 58186

                  #218
                  Originally posted by Parrot Head View Post
                  Here I am trying to think of something nice to say about the people I enjoyed the game with and fellow CUFfers, and while it was a difficult assignment and requires lots of thought, I'm getting bombarded about the quality of the camera on my phone. Maybe I'll just take my crappy camera phone and go home!
                  Upon closer inspection, it looks more like you used your cell phone to take a picture of a TV screen. Are you sure you actually attended the game?
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • creekster
                    It is NOT a monkey!
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 22661

                    #219
                    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    Upon closer inspection, it looks more like you used your cell phone to take a picture of a TV screen. Are you sure you actually attended the game?
                    stop bombarding PH!
                    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                    Comment

                    • Parrot Head
                      Operation Hot Mother
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 2322

                      #220
                      Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      Upon closer inspection, it looks more like you used your cell phone to take a picture of a TV screen. Are you sure you actually attended the game?
                      Would you like to see a poorly exposed phone pic of the plastic souvenir cup I got with my $3.50 Coke?!

                      We did have a good time hearing many Hokie fans talking about how many BYU fans were there. "Wow, Utah's a long way away!" or the old woman who said, "I know who brought you here -- Mitt! He's got a lot of money and he brought you all here!"
                      I have nothing else to say at this time.

                      Comment

                      Working...