Memphis bound

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FN Phat
    I ♥ gateway sex
    • Feb 2009
    • 8691

    #1

    Memphis bound

    I was pleasantly suprised with tickets to the Syracuse - Oklahoma game, followed by the North Carolina - Gonzaga game.

    Not only do I get the chance to watch my fav team play in the tourny (a childhood dream of mine), I get to see the best player in the nation (Blake Griffin) and arguably the best collegiate player of all time (Tyler Hansborough).

    Friday cannot get here soon enough.

    Go Orange!!
    I'm your huckleberry.


    "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF
  • Surfah
    Where's Wallace?
    • Nov 2008
    • 33726

    #2
    Lucky.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

    Comment

    • myboynoah
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 21719

      #3
      Welcome to Memphis!

      With a valid TR, I'd offer you a couch for the night, but I'm doing a merit badge campout this weekend. Can you teach Citizenship in the Nation?

      Make sure you do a BBQ tour - Rendezvous, Corky's, The Commissary, Interstate, et al. Go see the Civil Rights Museum. Got to at least drive by Graceland. See the ducks at The Peabody. Enjoy Beale Street. Mud Island can be interesting.

      There, never say I didn't help you out.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

      For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

      Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

      Comment

      • bluegoose
        7th round draft pick
        • Nov 2008
        • 4121

        #4
        Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        Welcome to Memphis!

        With a valid TR, I'd offer you a couch for the night, but I'm doing a merit badge campout this weekend. Can you teach Citizenship in the Nation?
        Cit in the Nation on a campout??? That sounds like an awesome campout.

        Comment

        • FN Phat
          I ♥ gateway sex
          • Feb 2009
          • 8691

          #5
          Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
          Welcome to Memphis!

          With a valid TR, I'd offer you a couch for the night, but I'm doing a merit badge campout this weekend. Can you teach Citizenship in the Nation?

          Make sure you do a BBQ tour - Rendezvous, Corky's, The Commissary, Interstate, et al. Go see the Civil Rights Museum. Got to at least drive by Graceland. See the ducks at The Peabody. Enjoy Beale Street. Mud Island can be interesting.

          There, never say I didn't help you out.

          Thanks for the advice. Everyone tells me that I cannot miss the Beale St. experience. I am mostly looking forward to the BBQ. How can you visit Memphis and not eat BBQ?
          I'm your huckleberry.


          "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #6
            Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
            Cit in the Nation on a campout??? That sounds like an awesome campout.
            lol. that is what I though, too.

            "Guys, can you please stop throwing rocks, canoeing, and starting fires? We need to discuss the Preamble to the Constitution and learn about the 3 branches of government!"
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • myboynoah
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 21719

              #7
              Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
              Cit in the Nation on a campout??? That sounds like an awesome campout.
              To hell with fun, Noah's gotta earn an Eagle.
              Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

              For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

              Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

              Comment

              • BigPiney
                Huge Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 12381

                #8
                Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                Welcome to Memphis!

                With a valid TR, I'd offer you a couch for the night
                Thanks Adam.

                Comment

                • myboynoah
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 21719

                  #9
                  Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                  Thanks Adam.
                  I do not want to be associated with any post or poster on any of the BYU related fan boards who went by, currently goes by, or will go by in the future by the moniker "Adam" or is connected in any way to such poster. If you persist in trying to tie me to such a poster or posts, I will leave this site and only come back to lurk on occasion in hopes of seeing posts that lament my absence.

                  Make my day.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                  For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                  Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                  Comment

                  • wuapinmon
                    Soul Plumber
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 30711

                    #10
                    Anyone got any recommendations for Memphis? I'm looking for food and things-to-do with three small kids. We should get there about 5PM tomorrow.
                    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                    Comment

                    • myboynoah
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 21719

                      #11
                      • Head right to the Peabody Hotel to see the ducks leave the little pool in the lobby for their 5:00 pm march to the elevator up to the roof for the night. If you miss the 5:00 pm nightly march, come back the next day to see the ducks return to the lobby pool at 11:00 am.
                      • Graceland is an obvious choice, even you don't spend the bucks for the tour. Just drive down, park, and walk over and peer through the fence.
                      • Beale Street at night; you might want to leave the kiddies back in the hotel.
                      • Civil Rights Museum is a must. Don't miss it.
                      • Sun Studios is another must, especially if you are a music history buff.
                      • Eat dinner at the Rendevous downtown. The waiters are notoriously rude.
                      • Eat lunch at Gus' Fried Chicken just south of downtown.
                      • Head out to Mud Island for an interesting intro to Mississippi River life. Also you can ride that tram that Tom Cruise did in The Firm.


                      Enjoy!
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                      For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                      Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                      Comment

                      • Bo Diddley
                        Senior
                        • Jul 2012
                        • 18813

                        #12
                        Loved B.B. King's cafe on Beale Street. Good food and not bad blues music on stage either.

                        Comment

                        • FN Phat
                          I ♥ gateway sex
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 8691

                          #13
                          Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                          • Head right to the Peabody Hotel to see the ducks leave the little pool in the lobby for their 5:00 pm march to the elevator up to the roof for the night. If you miss the 5:00 pm nightly march, come back the next day to see the ducks return to the lobby pool at 11:00 am.
                          • Graceland is an obvious choice, even you don't spend the bucks for the tour. Just drive down, park, and walk over and peer through the fence.
                          • Beale Street at night; you might want to leave the kiddies back in the hotel.
                          • Civil Rights Museum is a must. Don't miss it.
                          • Sun Studios is another must, especially if you are a music history buff.
                          • Eat dinner at the Rendevous downtown. The waiters are notoriously rude.
                          • Eat lunch at Gus' Fried Chicken just south of downtown.
                          • Head out to Mud Island for an interesting intro to Mississippi River life. Also you can ride that tram that Tom Cruise did in The Firm.


                          Enjoy!
                          When my dad and I went for the Elite 8 we were headed for Rendevous (based on your recommendation) and made a quick u-turn based on the line of people coming out of the alley. We went to a small shop named Pig on Beale. It was pretty damn good, good atmosphere and easy in and out.
                          I'm your huckleberry.


                          "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                          Comment

                          • FN Phat
                            I ♥ gateway sex
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 8691

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                            Loved B.B. King's cafe on Beale Street. Good food and not bad blues music on stage either.
                            Good food and a great vibe. We got sucked in to eating there when homeboy started playing the sax at the store front.
                            I'm your huckleberry.


                            "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                            Comment

                            Working...