*(#&^%%&**#@

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Babs
    Not a Lawyer
    • Nov 2008
    • 17128

    #1

    *(#&^%%&**#@

    Leave it to my sports-illiterate husband to schedule our trip to Vegas to interfere with MM. Now, theoretically it could be fun to be out there, assuming you got in on Thursday morning and stayed through Sunday evening. But no, I'm going to miss *all* the Friday and Sunday games in transit, including my beloved Sooners whomping up on the Orangemen. And with Flash in tow I'm sure to miss the Saturday games, too.

    mmrrrrARRRgh.
  • TripletDaddy
    sweet triple
    • Nov 2008
    • 58186

    #2
    I told you, you should have come out for the MWC Tourney, instead.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • YOhio
      Hipster Mode
      • Nov 2008
      • 26165

      #3
      Oh Babs this is horrible. I am so sorry for you. I hope you can get through your children-free vacation in Las Vegas, despite this setback. Be strong Babs. Be strong.

      Comment

      • il Padrino Ute
        Junior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 19161

        #4
        I feel bad because you'll be missing March Madness, but have to question your judgment for going to Vegas.
        "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


        "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

        Comment

        • LiveCoug
          LA Ute loves me
          • Nov 2008
          • 18488

          #5
          If it's any consolation, Syracuse is going to beat OU.

          Comment

          • FN Phat
            I ♥ gateway sex
            • Feb 2009
            • 8691

            #6
            Originally posted by Babs View Post
            Leave it to my sports-illiterate husband to schedule our trip to Vegas to interfere with MM. Now, theoretically it could be fun to be out there, assuming you got in on Thursday morning and stayed through Sunday evening. But no, I'm going to miss *all* the Friday and Sunday games in transit, including my beloved Sooners whomping up on the Orangemen. And with Flash in tow I'm sure to miss the Saturday games, too.

            mmrrrrARRRgh.
            Look at the bright-side... when Syracuse beats OU, you won't have to miss the Sunday game.
            I'm your huckleberry.


            "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

            Comment

            • Babs
              Not a Lawyer
              • Nov 2008
              • 17128

              #7
              Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
              I feel bad because you'll be missing March Madness, but have to question your judgment for going to Vegas.
              It's my birthday present. I had asked for a trip to Paris, so he bought me a trip to "Paris."

              Comment

              • Babs
                Not a Lawyer
                • Nov 2008
                • 17128

                #8
                Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                If it's any consolation, Syracuse is going to beat OU.
                Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                Look at the bright-side... when Syracuse beats OU, you won't have to miss the Sunday game.
                See, this is a can't-lose for me. If the Sooners win, my team wins!! If the Sooners lose, my bracket remains intact and I don't have to fret over missing OU getting routed by UNC.

                I'm also thinking that so long as I'm in Vegas I should just roll with it and start betting on the games.

                Comment

                • il Padrino Ute
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 19161

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Babs View Post
                  It's my birthday present. I had asked for a trip to Paris, so he bought me a trip to "Paris."
                  I see.

                  In that case, you should pull a "What doesn't happen in Vegas, follows you home for a few weeks."
                  "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                  "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                  Comment

                  • Donuthole
                    Official Outgayer
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 25268

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Babs View Post
                    It's my birthday present. I had asked for a trip to Paris, so he bought me a trip to "Paris."
                    On the bright side, you're not going to Texas.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                    There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                    Comment

                    • Pheidippides
                      Liberal Feminazi
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 14759

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      On the bright side, you're not going to Texas.
                      Having actually been in Paris, Texas, I endorse this post.
                      Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                      Comment

                      Working...