Davies back for 2011-12?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sizzle
    #ThisIsY
    • Nov 2008
    • 9004

    #1

    Davies back for 2011-12?

    PROVO — BYU forward Brandon Davies has withdrawn from school, but he plans to return to play for the Cougars next season.

    Davies is now working with the school's dean of students, and if he meets certain conditions set, Davies will be able to re-enroll in the fall and play the entire 2011-12 season.
    Sucks he had to withdraw from school, but hopefully he can make it back. Sounds very likely.
  • Sizzle
    #ThisIsY
    • Nov 2008
    • 9004

    #2
    "There's a pretty long list of people that I'd like to thank who are helping me through this difficult time," Davies said in a statement. "It's been very hard emotionally but thanks to the love and support of many, I'll be able to get through it. There's a plan in place, and I intend to follow through and return to BYU in the fall. I'm looking forward to coming back to school to continue my education and getting back on the court."

    Comment

    • bluegoose
      7th round draft pick
      • Nov 2008
      • 4121

      #3
      During finals week?

      Comment

      • Sizzle
        #ThisIsY
        • Nov 2008
        • 9004

        #4
        Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
        During finals week?
        Davies completed winter semester and took his final examinations before deciding to withdraw. He will not be eligible to participate in the BYU basketball team's overseas trip this summer.
        Sounds like he finished up first.

        Comment

        • SCcoug
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 7625

          #5
          Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
          During finals week?
          I think yesterday was the last day of finals.

          Comment

          • bluegoose
            7th round draft pick
            • Nov 2008
            • 4121

            #6
            Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
            Sounds like he finished up first.
            Gotcha. I missed that the first time.

            So what exactly does withdrawing from school mean? Does that just mean that he is taking summer off? I'm still missing something here with this news.

            Comment

            • Coach McGuirk
              1
              • Nov 2008
              • 12109

              #7
              Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
              Gotcha. I missed that the first time.

              So what exactly does withdrawing from school mean? Does that just mean that he is taking summer off? I'm still missing something here with this news.
              Nor do I find where it is necessary.

              Comment

              • Surfah
                Where's Wallace?
                • Nov 2008
                • 33726

                #8
                Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                Nor do I find where it is necessary.
                Me either. It seems to be a silly procedural thing for BYU and Honor Code violators. Regardless, we got Davies for the entire year! Does this mean though he doesn't go to Europe this summer?
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

                Comment

                • Sizzle
                  #ThisIsY
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 9004

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  Me either. It seems to be a silly procedural thing for BYU and Honor Code violators. Regardless, we got Davies for the entire year! Does this mean though he doesn't go to Europe this summer?
                  Correct, no Europe. But if that means Davies for the entire season, I'll make that trade off.

                  Comment

                  • Surfah
                    Where's Wallace?
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 33726

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                    Correct, no Europe. But if that means Davies for the entire season, I'll make that trade off.
                    Me too. I wonder if Harward or Austin red shirt then. If Big Game James hadn't retired we'd have a pretty big front court.

                    But with Carlino, Harrison, Hartsock, Chuck, and Davies I think we will be just fine.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • Coach McGuirk
                      1
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 12109

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                      Correct, no Europe. But if that means Davies for the entire season, I'll make that trade off.

                      Then the release should just state,

                      BYU forward Brandon Davies will be eligible to return to the BYU basketball team for the Fall Semester.

                      Davies is now working with the school's dean of students, and if he meets certain conditions set, Davies will be able play the entire 2011-12 season.

                      Dumb, but I am glad that he will be back, despite having to withdraw from school for the summer.

                      Comment

                      • SoCalCoug
                        Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 5214

                        #12
                        Could somebody donate a bunch of fleshlights to the football and basketball team? Yeah, it's not the same (so I've heard), but at least it's better than shaking hands with Dr. Winky. And I'm pretty sure it won't get them kicked out of school. Plus, a fleshlight doesn't get pregnant and won't go to its bishop.
                        If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

                        "Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

                        "Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

                        Comment

                        • NorthwestUteFan
                          אלוף
                          • Oct 2010
                          • 3384

                          #13
                          Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
                          Plus, a fleshlight doesn't get pregnant and won't go to its bishop.
                          That is awesome right there. Next ad campaign will look something like this:

                          "Fleshlight: The Bitch that keeps its' damn lyin' mouth shut"

                          Comment

                          • oxcoug
                            Dolphins Rape Hipsters
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 5309

                            #14
                            I, for one, will focus purely on the upside of this information.

                            I'm working on my WCC Inaugural Tour Domination Dance.

                            Carlino - Harrison - Abuo - Davies - Hartsock

                            That's a lineup.

                            With CC, Rogers, Winder leading the charge off the bench.

                            Hell I'm going to go ahead and rashly predict our third straight year of getting through the first round of the tourney.
                            Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

                            It can't all be wedding cake.

                            Comment

                            • Jeff Lebowski
                              Corporate lackey for Jesus
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 69705

                              #15
                              Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
                              Hell I'm going to go ahead and rashly predict our third straight year of getting through the first round of the tourney.


                              That's the spirit.
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                              Comment

                              Working...