I blame myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I blame myself

I wasn't feeling optimistic about this Utah-BYU game. So I decided to go up to Hec Ed and buy a couple of scalped tickets and take my boy to watch the Huskies against Arizona, trying to clinch their first Pac 10 title in 24 years. It was an inspired decision. It was a terrific game that went down to the wire, the Huskies won, and we had a great time.

As we left the game I saw on my blackberry the Utes were up 5 late in the first half. We got out of the traffic and they were up 2 at the half. I decided we should go to the pub and watch the rest of it. We got seated and the Utes were up 36-34. BYU promptly scored seven straight, I took him to the potty, came back and the Utes had 38 points but BYU was now up 7. I don't think I saw the Utes score a bucket the first 30 minutes I was there. Had I stayed away they may have won. I left the pub regretting the bad food and the Coors light I consumed and unhealthy food I bought for him, and that I ever even went there and watched that damn game.

At least there was memorable WSU-ASU game on at the same time.

I agree with funk. Coming on the heels of watching Washington, which may have more overall team quickness and foot speed than I've ever seen in the college game, the Utes seemed to move in slow motion. Also, when Neville and Brockman went toe to toe last year Brockman destroyed him. I think Boylen has made a silk purse out of a sow's ear with this team. I'm looking forward to seeing his guys.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

What kind of pub/bar lets minors come in and stay? And what kind of self-respecting "pub" in Seattle is showing BYU/Utah basketball games?
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
      At least there was memorable WSU-ASU game on at the same time.

I agree with funk. Coming on the heels of watching Washington, which may have more overall team quickness and foot speed than I've ever seen in the college game, the Utes seemed to move in slow motion. Also, when Neville and Brockman went toe to toe last year Brockman destroyed him. I think Boylen has made a silk purse out of a sow's ear with this team. I'm looking forward to seeing his guys.
      That WSU-ASU was a great finish, but I hate what is happening to P10 basketball with coaches like Herb and Bennett, trying to play first to 50 wins the game.

Brockman is amazing. Like most great P10 players he should have gone to UCLA or Arizona he would have been a national darling. But the great P10 TV deal makes him a virtual unknown to most of the country.

I really hate that Romar is such a class act, it makes hating Washington basketball so hard. I would love to see Washington get bracketed against Carolina or Oklahoma. Brockman would take care of Hansbrough and a Griffin/Brockman matchup would be great.
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

I attended Bob Bender Basketball Camp in the ol' Hec Ed two summers in a row in the mid 90's. Good times. Seattle is awesome in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          That WSU-ASU was a great finish, but I hate what is happening to P10 basketball with coaches like Herb and Bennett, trying to play first to 50 wins the game.

Brockman is amazing. Like most great P10 players he should have gone to UCLA or Arizona he would have been a national darling. But the great P10 TV deal makes him a virtual unknown to most of the country.

I really hate that Romar is such a class act, it makes hating Washington basketball so hard. I would love to see Washington get bracketed against Carolina or Oklahoma. Brockman would take care of Hansbrough and a Griffin/Brockman matchup would be great.
          The Washington-Arizona game was just the opposite. Full court bsketball, up and down. Washington missed most its free throws or it might have scored 100. Some Arizona fan by us told me Washington has made more free throws than any other Pac 10 team has taken, and they're terrible free throw shooters.
          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            What kind of pub/bar lets minors come in and stay? And what kind of self-respecting "pub" in Seattle is showing BYU/Utah basketball games?
            Actually, the Fox Sports abar. They get almost anything. Sports bars have a railing outside of which kids can it. They double as family restaurants here. My neighborhood pub, where I go for non-mtn. games, is actually the best in the city. TV's at each table and several big ones in a fairly intimate place.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
              I attended Bob Bender Basketball Camp in the ol' Hec Ed two summers in a row in the mid 90's. Good times. Seattle is awesome in the summer.
              When I first moved here I had nothing but disdain for ol' Hec Ed. Now especially since the remodel I've come 180 degrees. It's the best basketball arena I've evern been in. I love the retro facade, but more important, it's intimate and there's not a bad seat in the house. Not one. If Washington fans were as uncivilized as New Mexicans Hec Ed could be the most hated venue in college basketball. Everyone, players, fans, coaches, refs, is crammed in there on top of one another. The band plays on a narrow platform, behind a rail like sardines. Even the concourse seems diminuitive. The place is awesome, a gem of an arena that recalls days gone by before basketball was played in superdomes, etc.

I've decided I wish they'd renovate Einer Nielson Fieldhouse to be like Hec Ed.
              Last edited by SeattleUte; 03-01-2009, 08:59 PM.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                When I first moved here I had nothing but disdain for ol' Hec Ed. Now especially since the remodel I've come 180 degrees. It's the best basketball arena I've evern been in. I love the retro facade, but more important, it's intimate and there's not a bad seat in the house. Not one. If Washington fans were as uncivilized as New Mexicans Hec Ed could be the most hated venue in college basketball. Everyone, players, fans, coaches, refs, is crammed in there on top of one another. The band plays on a narrow platform, behind a rail like sardines. Even the concourse seems diminuitive. The place is awesome, a gem of an arena that recalls days gone by before basketball was played in superdomes, etc.
                I am really worried that Oregon is going to lose a lot when they move from an uncomfortable old gym, that gives them at least 6 points a game, to a new state of the art arena. Yeah the leg room will be nice, having dividers between the urinals will be fun, but it won't be Mac Court anymore.

Of course it was only Mac Court twice this year last week against Stanford and tonight against the bark rats.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                X