I'm a good dad I am....I'm a good dad I am...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Borg
    Tour de CS 2013?
    • Dec 2008
    • 1501

    #1

    I'm a good dad I am....I'm a good dad I am...

    Ugh! Found out last night that my daughter (10th grade) has a school banquet tonight at 6:00pm!!!!! Was going to take my other younger daughter to the Marriott Center and take in the game with all the other lunatic BYU fans, have a hotdog, and soak in a Sweet 16 victory.

    Hmmm...let's see...the Cougs start at 5:30pm. Gah!

    "I'm a good dad I am....I'm a good dad I am......"

    <<...sigh....>>
    "Newton's First Law of Motion: ...things at rest tend to stay at rest. Things in motion, tend to stay in motion...."

    Hmm... Good motivation for me to remain active I guess.
  • LiveCoug
    LA Ute loves me
    • Nov 2008
    • 18488

    #2
    Either choice means you are spending time with a daughter. When both (good things) conflict, the default is to go to the event that you would enjoy most. Problem solved.

    Comment

    • Jeff Lebowski
      Corporate lackey for Jesus
      • Nov 2008
      • 69718

      #3
      If one of our esteemed posters can abandon his wife at the airport for a bowl game, you can ditch the banquet. Buck up, man.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

      Comment

      • Clark Addison
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2008
        • 10312

        #4
        Originally posted by Borg View Post
        Ugh! Found out last night that my daughter (10th grade) has a school banquet tonight at 6:00pm!!!!! Was going to take my other younger daughter to the Marriott Center and take in the game with all the other lunatic BYU fans, have a hotdog, and soak in a Sweet 16 victory.

        Hmmm...let's see...the Cougs start at 5:30pm. Gah!

        "I'm a good dad I am....I'm a good dad I am......"

        <<...sigh....>>
        If you were really a good dad, you would have raised her right and she would have asked to skip the banquet to go to the game. Since you have already messed up, may as well go to the game.

        Comment

        • RC Vikings
          Known Heterosexual
          • Nov 2008
          • 8789

          #5
          Originally posted by Borg View Post
          Ugh! Found out last night that my daughter (10th grade) has a school banquet tonight at 6:00pm!!!!! Was going to take my other younger daughter to the Marriott Center and take in the game with all the other lunatic BYU fans, have a hotdog, and soak in a Sweet 16 victory.

          Hmmm...let's see...the Cougs start at 5:30pm. Gah!

          "I'm a good dad I am....I'm a good dad I am......"

          <<...sigh....>>
          The reason we get married and why God put a man and woman together is so that the wife can go to stuff like this.

          Comment

          • CJF
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 8497

            #6
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            If one of our esteemed posters can abandon his wife at the airport for a bowl game, you can ditch the banquet. Buck up, man.
            Bowl game? Try regular season game. Against a very over rated team.
            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

            Comment

            • byu71
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 22070

              #7
              Originally posted by Borg View Post
              Ugh! Found out last night that my daughter (10th grade) has a school banquet tonight at 6:00pm!!!!! Was going to take my other younger daughter to the Marriott Center and take in the game with all the other lunatic BYU fans, have a hotdog, and soak in a Sweet 16 victory.

              Hmmm...let's see...the Cougs start at 5:30pm. Gah!

              "I'm a good dad I am....I'm a good dad I am......"

              <<...sigh....>>
              Let her boyfriend take her. First glimpse of how good a SIL he might make.

              Comment

              • grapevine
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 1992

                #8
                cb always has stories of competition between weddings and games and there are loyal people that don't want to miss games. I am somene that would not miss games to attend a formerly called farewell homecoming of missionary or reception of someone I am not related too. Or related too for that matter.

                Heard he was your classmate. So what. Older I get less contact I have with them anyway. Memories of great games are more valuable than boring events with a guest of honor I think. L Tom Perry gave a great talk on that at a 23 inning baseball game he attended with his son.

                Comment

                • DU Ute
                  RIP CUF
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 7393

                  #9
                  Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                  Let her boyfriend take her. First glimpse of how good a SIL he might make.
                  If he missed th game for the banquet doesn't that make him a bad choice?
                  "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                  "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                  "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                  Comment

                  Working...