Welcome to the WCC

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Art Vandelay
    Striving for mediocrity
    • Jul 2009
    • 10516

    #1

    Welcome to the WCC

    Interesting. byutv is broadcasting WCC games, this year. I'm not sure what it means, but seems to be a little bit of a housewarming gift.

    For the record, I expect the WCC's good will and love of all things BYU to last 1 or at the most 2 times through the league. The cougars will be just as hated in Spokane and Portland as they were in Hawaii and Wyoming. And I love it!
  • kccougar
    9262
    • Nov 2008
    • 7020

    #2
    I'm assuming this is correct because it is on the schedule, but I've seen a couple on the WCC boards adamant that it is not happening. I wonder if there is a statement or press release from BYU or BYUTV on the WCC tournament this year.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

    Comment

    • LiveCoug
      LA Ute loves me
      • Nov 2008
      • 18489

      #3
      Originally posted by kccougar View Post
      I'm assuming this is correct because it is on the schedule, but I've seen a couple on the WCC boards adamant that it is not happening. I wonder if there is a statement or press release from BYU or BYUTV on the WCC tournament this year.
      Why are they so certain it isn't happening? It's on the dang BYUTV schedule for petes sake.

      Comment

      • HuskyFreeNorthwest
        Time to camp
        • Nov 2008
        • 26082

        #4
        I was thinking that next week one of our local Vegassians should go to the WCC tourney with a sign that says "We've got next".
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

        Comment

        • BigPiney
          Huge Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 12371

          #5
          Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          I was thinking that next week one of our local Vegassians should go to the WCC tourney with a sign that says "We've got next".
          That would be awesome.

          My dad was telling me that, yes BYUTV is broadcasting the WCC tournament, but they are keeping it on the downlow for whatever reason. He was told this while on a tour of the broadcast facilities with Chad Lewis, so it has to be true.

          The WCC's semifinal and final tournament games are the only ones on ESPNs family, so it looks like BYUTV is picking up the rest as a showing of what we can do in the future for the conference.

          Comment

          • BigFatMeanie
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 7117

            #6
            Does anyone get BYUtv in HD? If so, what are you using - Comcast? DirecTV? Antenna?

            As far as I can tell, Dish only broadcasts BYUtv in SD.

            Comment

            • LiveCoug
              LA Ute loves me
              • Nov 2008
              • 18489

              #7
              Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
              Does anyone get BYUtv in HD? If so, what are you using - Comcast? DirecTV? Antenna?

              As far as I can tell, Dish only broadcasts BYUtv in SD.
              The only way to get BYUtv is KBYU over the air. I hope this gets fixed before next season, but i'm not holding my breath.

              Comment

              • Katy Lied
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2008
                • 9435

                #8
                Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                The only way to get BYUtv is KBYU over the air. I hope this gets fixed before next season, but i'm not holding my breath.
                in HD

                Comment

                • BigPiney
                  Huge Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 12371

                  #9
                  Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                  The only way to get BYUtv is KBYU over the air. I hope this gets fixed before next season, but i'm not holding my breath.
                  Contact your satellite provider...

                  I have heard this before somewhere.

                  Comment

                  • RC Vikings
                    Known Heterosexual
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 8789

                    #10
                    I think it's safe to say that WCC fans will hate the Y just as bad as MWC fans do, their will just be fewer of them so it won't be as loud.

                    Comment

                    • myboynoah
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 21719

                      #11
                      Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                      I think it's safe to say that WCC fans will hate the Y just as bad as MWC fans do, their will just be fewer of them so it won't be as loud.
                      If they don't hate us, what's this all about?
                      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

                      For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

                      Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

                      Comment

                      • YOhio
                        Hipster Mode
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 26165

                        #12
                        Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                        If they don't hate us, what's this all about?
                        Hey, buddy. I think it's time once again to break out some HD Truck photography.

                        Comment

                        • Art Vandelay
                          Striving for mediocrity
                          • Jul 2009
                          • 10516

                          #13
                          Didn't the commish of the WCC say they were going to announce something about next years conf tourny schedule last week? Was anything announced?

                          Comment

                          • Donuthole
                            Official Outgayer
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 25271

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                            Didn't the commish of the WCC say they were going to announce something about next years conf tourny schedule last week? Was anything announced?
                            I don't know if an official announcement was made, but there was some local buzz about the tourney being moved to the T&M center.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                            There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                            Comment

                            • cougjunkie
                              *Banned*
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 23223

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              I don't know if an official announcement was made, but there was some local buzz about the tourney being moved to the T&M center.
                              I thought they had one more year under contract at the Orleans.
                              *Banned*

                              Comment

                              Working...