Jackson Emery Night

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tim
    Not Banned
    • Nov 2008
    • 4390

    #1

    Jackson Emery Night

    Kudos to the person at BYU that had the idea to do this on Tuesday. Jackson Emery has been a great member of the team and this is a nice gesture to ensure he gets the recognition he deserves. The world is goo-goo for Jimmer right now but Jackson is as important a factor in this run as Jimmer is. I find this to be heartwarming and, therefore, cool.
    Visca Catalunya Lliure
  • SteelBlue
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 8189

    #2
    Agreed. He's been an incredible player. I remember when he was first coming up how he was diving everywhere and generally seemed like the toughest kid on the floor. I wondered how he'd stay healthy. Glad they're recognizing him.

    Comment

    • TripletDaddy
      sweet triple
      • Nov 2008
      • 58186

      #3
      What a coincidence. I was driving around the 'Pine this morning and atnthe roundabout there is a banner advertising Jackson Emery night against TCU. More importantly, there is a phone number there to call and tickets are $1 if you say the word "alpine." not sure how rigorously they will enforce the key word provision, but $1 tix have all the fixins for a family night at the MC.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

      sigpic

      Comment

      • PaloAltoCougar
        Semper infra dignitatem
        • Nov 2008
        • 16938

        #4
        This is a great idea; he certainly deserves the recognition.

        Comment

        • Katy Lied
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 9435

          #5
          I like this touch: If your first or last name is Jackson, you get FREE tickets. Wheeeeee!

          Comment

          • Goatnapper'96
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 10924

            #6
            Is Jimmer gonna sing "Wind Beneath My Wings?"
            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
            -General George S. Patton

            I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
            -DOCTOR Wuap

            Comment

            • TripletDaddy
              sweet triple
              • Nov 2008
              • 58186

              #7
              Here you go...$1 to celebrate the life of Jackson Emery and to also ensure that his little brother chooses BYU when he sees what real fan support is all about

              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

              sigpic

              Comment

              • EdmondDantes
                Banned
                • Oct 2010
                • 186

                #8
                Edmond and Mrs. Dantes shall be there. Should be a fun night.

                Comment

                • Art Vandelay
                  Striving for mediocrity
                  • Jul 2009
                  • 10516

                  #9
                  Wow BYU is a 20.5 favorite tonight. If there was a prop bet of Jackson scoring at least 20, I would jump on that. I'm guessing Jimmer will be looking to let Jax get his tonight.

                  Comment

                  • Surfah
                    Where's Wallace?
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 33726

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                    Wow BYU is a 20.5 favorite tonight. If there was a prop bet of Jackson scoring at least 20, I would jump on that. I'm guessing Jimmer will be looking to let Jax get his tonight.
                    I am thinking the same. But after Kemba's apparent check move (), Jimmer may go off again.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • TheBYUGuy
                      Friend of Rodin
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 1442

                      #11
                      TCU seems overmatched in this game. They have been pretty bad on the road this season. I don't expect to see much of a fight from them tonight, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a closer-than-most-people-expect game in Ft. Worth next month.

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #12
                        I guess this is the de facto game thread for the Texas X-ian University game.

                        So who is in? I still havent called in for my tix but I'm taking the boy tonight. Probably the FIL, too.

                        If someone is going to be sitting close enough, try to get some good video of Davies leading the team in the circle before tip-off. That guy has some serious dance moves.

                        I must say, you know that Jimmermania has taken hold of the Cougar faithful when the game itself holds almost no intrigue whatsoever. Is anyone here concerned one bit with the outcome of the game? Is there any real drama there? It seems that the main storylines here are:

                        1. How will we celebrate Jackson Emery night at the MC?
                        2. How many points will Jackson score on his homecoming night?
                        3. What will Jimmer do/score to stay ahead of "Wright?"

                        Feels good to know that #9 AP/Coaches BYU controls its own destiny until the tournament.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • TheBYUGuy
                          Friend of Rodin
                          • Sep 2009
                          • 1442

                          #13
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          I must say, you know that Jimmermania has taken hold of the Cougar faithful when the game itself holds almost no intrigue whatsoever. Is anyone here concerned one bit with the outcome of the game? Is there any real drama there?
                          Ken Pomeroy gives BYU a 97% chance of winning this game. He gives his "thrill score" of 23.7 (out of 100), good for 14th most intriguing game of the night out of 17 games.

                          I'm excited to see how Emery and Jimmer do tonight, but honestly I'm wondering more about the upcoming road game at CSU and the epic matchup brewing for next Wednesday.

                          Comment

                          • TripletDaddy
                            sweet triple
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 58186

                            #14
                            Originally posted by TheBYUGuy View Post
                            Ken Pomeroy gives BYU a 97% chance of winning this game. He gives his "thrill score" of 23.7 (out of 100), good for 14th most intriguing game of the night out of 17 games.

                            I'm excited to see how Emery and Jimmer do tonight, but honestly I'm wondering more about the upcoming road game at CSU and the epic matchup brewing for next Wednesday.
                            I'm also excited to see BYU's NBA-quality player intro and also to see how the student section shows up for the game. Now that conference play is underway and the holidays are over, I think there will be a raucous crowd tonight.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • kccougar
                              9262
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 7020

                              #15
                              I'll be in Boise tonight, but I've already planned for a table at the RAM to watch the game.
                              "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                              Comment

                              Working...