Jimmer vs. Kemba Walker

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • EdmondDantes
    Banned
    • Oct 2010
    • 186

    #1

    Jimmer vs. Kemba Walker

    Who's your Wooden Award Winner?
  • smokymountainrain
    Impressive Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22593

    #2
    Originally posted by EdmondDantes View Post
    Who's your Wooden Award Winner?
    I'm not so sure Nolan Smith shouldn't be in the running. 20, 5 and 6 on 51% FGs for the undefeated and #1 team in the country.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

    Comment

    • Surfah
      Where's Wallace?
      • Nov 2008
      • 33726

      #3
      Jimmer. He's more consistent. He plays almost the entire game. I think he's more valuable to his team than Kemba is. Also, when most players seem to shirk against competition and numbers start coming down in league play he's taken his game to another level.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

      Comment

      • Surfah
        Where's Wallace?
        • Nov 2008
        • 33726

        #4
        Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        I'm not so sure Nolan Smith shouldn't be in the running. 20, 5 and 6 on 51% FGs for the undefeated and #1 team in the country.
        Nolan Smith is ugly. And he's not the best player on his team.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

        Comment

        • BGRTHNUMEGO
          Junior Member
          • May 2010
          • 3670

          #5
          Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          I'm not so sure Nolan Smith shouldn't be in the running. 20, 5 and 6 on 51% FGs for the undefeated and #1 team in the country.
          Nolan Smith is a really interesting case. He wasn't going to get a sniff over Kyrie Irving as the best player on the team if Irving doesn't get hurt. And right now he's probably not a better player for them than Singler. But his stats look really impressive and his team is undefeated.

          If Dook goes undefeated through ACC play and the ACC tourney, Smith will win NPOY. If not, and UConn wins the Big East, Walker will get it. If they don't, then it is Jimmer's to lose.

          Comment

          • BGRTHNUMEGO
            Junior Member
            • May 2010
            • 3670

            #6
            Jimmer v. Walker

            MPG - 33.6 to 35.5

            PPG - 26.1 to 25.3

            APG - 4.4 to 3.7

            RPG - 3.4 to 5.3

            SPG - 1.3 to 2.3

            FG% - 48% to 45%

            3pt% - 41% to 36%

            FT% - 89.5% to 84.5%

            Comment

            • Goatnapper'96
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 10924

              #7
              Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
              Jimmer v. Walker

              MPG - 33.6 to 35.5

              PPG - 26.1 to 25.3

              APG - 4.4 to 3.7

              RPG - 3.4 to 5.3

              SPG - 1.3 to 2.3

              FG% - 48% to 45%

              3pt% - 41% to 36%

              FT% - 89.5% to 84.5%

              HNOG - 2 to 0
              That would be Hard Nipples On Goatnapper!
              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
              -General George S. Patton

              I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
              -DOCTOR Wuap

              Comment

              • smokymountainrain
                Impressive Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 22593

                #8
                Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
                Nolan Smith is a really interesting case. He wasn't going to get a sniff over Kyrie Irving as the best player on the team if Irving doesn't get hurt.
                BTW, Irving's production was pretty incredible prior to his injury. 17 ppg, 5 asts, 53% FGs, 45% 3pt and 90% FTs. All those shooting numbers adding up to 1.81 pps. Yikes.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

                Comment

                • Surfah
                  Where's Wallace?
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 33726

                  #9
                  Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                  BTW, Irving's production was pretty incredible prior to his injury. 17 ppg, 5 asts, 53% FGs, 45% 3pt and 90% FTs. All those shooting numbers adding up to 1.81 pps. Yikes.
                  Ridiculous to think that Duke has arguably 3 of the top 6 players in the NCAA.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • smokymountainrain
                    Impressive Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 22593

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                    Ridiculous to think that Duke has arguably 3 of the top 6 players in the NCAA.
                    Agreed, although I think Singler is a tad overrated.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

                    Comment

                    • cougjunkie
                      *Banned*
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 23223

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      Ridiculous to think that Duke has arguably 3 of the top 6 players in the NCAA.
                      Yet they still lost tonight.
                      *Banned*

                      Comment

                      • Surfah
                        Where's Wallace?
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 33726

                        #12
                        Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                        Yet they still lost tonight.
                        Smith and Singler played really poorly.

                        Something interesting that I learned during the game was that was only Duke's second true road game. Their other road game was at UNC-Greensboro. Not exactly a hostile environment. Talk about some cherry scheduling. Just another reason I am so bullish on these Cougars. They are road tested.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • KillerDog
                          a.k.a. K-dog
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 4196

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          Smith and Singler played really poorly.

                          Something interesting that I learned during the game was that was only Duke's second true road game. Their other road game was at UNC-Greensboro. Not exactly a hostile environment. Talk about some cherry scheduling. Just another reason I am so bullish on these Cougars. They are road tested.
                          Duke really only plays road games in conference. They schedule like that every year.

                          Comment

                          • oxcoug
                            Dolphins Rape Hipsters
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 5309

                            #14
                            So feeling the Spirit of Jimmer upon me this morning I got out early for a run in Manhattan wearing my BYU-Bookstore-purchased blue-on-white 32 t-shirt and wrapping up I opted to pop into Starbucks for a water and an egg-white spinach wrap before getting back to the other half of my half-assed Sabbath observance.

                            I get in line behind a couple of people and the dude in front of me turns around... wearing a U Conn #15 shirt. He says "oh no" and we start a civil but slightly awkward conversation (at least he seemed awkward - I attribute it to him self-consciousness from knowing that his guy really shouldn't be in the conversation). Once I learned he was a U Conn grad and further established that I had an unfair mental advantage I chose to be friendly and entirely complimentary of Kemba (who, to be fair, I did watch last night and he did kick ass).

                            He told me - with head-shaking and an "ain't it unreal?" expression - how Kemba had averaged 26 points (26!) a game in the post-season. That's how good he is. I nodded and said "yeah, he's impressive."

                            This story would be better if it ended with me challenging him to some hoops on courts on the ABC playground off of Houston but it ended with him getting his coffee and saying "good luck" and me saying "yeah you too" while both of us were clearly thinking "hope your guy gets acute dysentery some time early Thursday morning."
                            Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

                            It can't all be wedding cake.

                            Comment

                            Working...