Great SDSU fan thread on how to stop Jimmer

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • oxcoug
    Dolphins Rape Hipsters
    • Dec 2009
    • 5309

    #1

    Great SDSU fan thread on how to stop Jimmer

    My favorite:

    "How do you stop Jimmer? You don't.

    How do you slow him down? Throw everyone at him. EVERYONE. Wear him the X X X X down. Have Tapley defend him. Them KL. Then J Franklin. Then Rahon. Then Carlwell. Then Kabeer BJM. Then Marshall. Then R Welch. Then Fred Dryer. Then Michael Cage. Then Tony Gwynn. Then Dr. S Weber. Then The Show, all of them. Then Chet. Then any number of Alpha Phis -- give him the clap. Then Saint Don himself."

    The opening post in the thread has some spot-on analysis of how Jimmer creates an open shot out of nothing.

    Watching the Zoob/Roberta game. Fredette is insane. Dude just simply goes off. He seems to be able to create any shot anywhere on the court. And his range is incredible. He is literally deadeye
    Last edited by oxcoug; 01-06-2011, 07:37 AM.
    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

    It can't all be wedding cake.
  • Uncle Ted
    The Big 12 money shot.
    • Apr 2010
    • 28853

    #2
    Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
    My favorite:

    "How do you stop Jimmer? You don't.

    How do you slow him down? Throw everyone at him. EVERYONE. Wear him the X X X X down. Have Tapley defend him. Them KL. Then J Franklin. Then Rahon. Then Carlwell. Then Kabeer BJM. Then Marshall. Then R Welch. Then Fred Dryer. Then Michael Cage. Then Tony Gwynn. Then Dr. S Weber. Then The Show, all of them. Then Chet. Then any number of Alpha Phis -- give him the clap. Then Saint Don himself."
    I like the follow up postings to the above...

    LOL.

    You forgot Apollo Creed.

    [and]

    Then the kitchen sink.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

    Comment

    • Borg
      Tour de CS 2013?
      • Dec 2008
      • 1501

      #3
      I frequent that board quite a bit, and this thread other thread is very entertaining. Morphs from "BYU is not very good" ...to awestruck Aztecs.

      UNLV working them at home 1st half. They are not dealing well at all with UNLV defensive pressure. We will kill them here...should beat them by 10 at Provo if we bring A game.


      For the past several years, I've had some fun "wagers" with the guy called: Longtimebooster. He is the Aztecs equivalent to our very own: PAC. They are very similar personalities, sense of humor etc. Would be fun to get these two linked up in a verbal exchange over the basketball clash between the two schools. Hmmm......
      "Newton's First Law of Motion: ...things at rest tend to stay at rest. Things in motion, tend to stay in motion...."

      Hmm... Good motivation for me to remain active I guess.

      Comment

      • cougjunkie
        *Banned*
        • Nov 2008
        • 23223

        #4
        I am praying with all my heart that they put Kawhi Leonard on Jimmer. Jimmer will eat his lunch and it will open up the middle of the paint for Davies to absolutely destroy the Aztecs.
        *Banned*

        Comment

        • KillerDog
          a.k.a. K-dog
          • Feb 2009
          • 4196

          #5
          The real question is, if you were the Aztecs, how would you stop BYU?

          Comment

          • Goatnapper'96
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 10924

            #6
            Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
            The real question is, if you were the Aztecs, how would you stop BYU?
            You just try to force Jimmer to distribute the ball and force BYU's other players to beat you. In Provo they probably will. But I will be there! UNLV tries to force BYU to beat them individually. I think SDSU will double team Jimmer and choose to leave others open. Better chances with BYU's other players shooting poorly than forcing Jimmer to beat you one on one - especially in the MC where the kid will shoot > 50% inside 30 feet.

            To beat BYU SDSU needs to hope BYU's others don't shoot well and that they outrebound the Cougars significantly.

            That game is going to be intense!
            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
            -General George S. Patton

            I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
            -DOCTOR Wuap

            Comment

            • KillerDog
              a.k.a. K-dog
              • Feb 2009
              • 4196

              #7
              To paraphrase, "How do you beat Jimmer Fredette? In bed, with a stick. On the basketball court, with the ball in his hands, you don't."

              Comment

              • I.J. Reilly
                Nobody's Fool
                • Apr 2009
                • 2949

                #8
                I went and bought tickets to the SDSU game in Provo on the 26th after reading through a couple of those threads over there. The high prime chairs were the best seats left in the house, so if anyone is thinking about going to that game then there's no better time than now to get your tickets, unless, of course, you like sitting in the corner of the Marriott up against the rafters or you like taking your chances on 12 year-old scalpers outside of the MC.

                I'm all pumped about this game. Between now and then BYU has 4 very winnable games (but don't sleep on CSU!). SDSU will play UNLV at home and NM at the Pit, but if they can make it through their schedule between now and the 26th then this game is gonna be crazy. Even if SDSU drops one of those games they'll still almost surely be a top 15 team. I am now highly considering doing the MWC tourney, even though I'll probably have a bunch of crap I should be reading for class at that point, along with maybe a project or two to do. I'm close to being beyond caring.

                Comment

                • beefytee
                  Board eye candy
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 7542

                  #9
                  Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
                  I went and bought tickets to the SDSU game in Provo on the 26th after reading through a couple of those threads over there. The high prime chairs were the best seats left in the house, so if anyone is thinking about going to that game then there's no better time than now to get your tickets, unless, of course, you like sitting in the corner of the Marriott up against the rafters or you like taking your chances on 12 year-old scalpers outside of the MC.
                  My wife was there too. She said it was a mad house. We go tickets to the AFA game today, the SDSU game and the Wyoming game.

                  I imagine the environment at the games the rest of the year should be pretty good.

                  Comment

                  • smokymountainrain
                    Impressive Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 22593

                    #10
                    How do you stop Jimmer/BYU? You trap Fredette with a double team similar to what UNLV did in the last 3-4 minutes of the game the other night. Get the ball out of Jimmer's hands and make the other guys beat you.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

                    Comment

                    • cougswin
                      Junior Member
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 78

                      #11
                      The thing about trapping Jimmer is that now K. Collinsworth is on the court and he can handle the ball. This is a huge advantage for BYU. I like Haws-last year-Abouo, Emery, but they can't handle the ball. If the ball gets taken out of Jimmers hands and Collinsworth is handling it we are ok. Not as good as if Jimmer had it but he can handle it and get it to the open guys.

                      That is one thing that realy hurt UNLV. They get the ball out of Jimmers hands and Collinsworth broke the press. We needed that 2nd ball handler and we have it now.

                      Comment

                      Working...