bb recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    I expect Winder to be gone after next year and he will have had 4 years of scholarship from BYU. He RS his first year and next year he will conclude his junior year in eligibility. If he graduates he could even transfer to another D1 school.
    You seem to have more insight than most into roster makeup and such. I think it would be nice to have Winder finish out even if is totally on the bench. I didn't expect anyone other than Harward to be gone but what do I know? Delgado apparently had the raw tools needed to be an offensive threat but couldn't pick up a lot of the basics needed to shine in Rose's system

Comment

I expect Winder to be gone after next year and he will have had 4 years of scholarship from BYU. He RS his first year and next year he will conclude his junior year in eligibility. If he graduates he could even transfer to another D1 school.
      Winder is about to join the church and is engaged to BYU freshman phenom Alexa Gray. If he is cut loose after this year he is not transferring anywhere. He will just finish as a student.
      *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
        Winder is about to join the church and is engaged to BYU freshman phenom Alexa Gray.
        Awesome news.
        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
          Awesome news.
          Yeah think of those bloodlines. She is 6'2 and can jump out of the gym.
          *Banned*

Comment

Yeah think of those bloodlines. She is 6'2 and can jump out of the gym.
            Any word on Chad Lewis and his volleyball wife's progeny?

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
              Any word on Chad Lewis and his volleyball wife's progeny?
              Oldest is a stud volleyball player at Lone Peak High. I think she will be a senior next year. I saw a piece on her on BYUTV about former Cougar legends. I understand the boys are not allowed to play football until they are 12 and I think the older boys are approaching that age now.
              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
              -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
              -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Winder is about to join the church and is engaged to BYU freshman phenom Alexa Gray. If he is cut loose after this year he is not transferring anywhere. He will just finish as a student.
                Good for him and good for the tribe. However, I still think his basketball playing days are numbered. Perimeter players scheduled to be on scholarship in 13-14:

Carlino - JR
                Haws - JR
                Halford - JR
                Winder - JR
                Collinsworth - SO
                Fischer - SO (RS this year or would be a Junior)
                Bartley - FR

No seniors and add Chatman for next year would mean that 8 of the 13 scholarship allocations are perimeter players. Someone is going to move along somehow. My prediction is based upon the roster as presently constituted is it will be Winder.
                Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Good for him and good for the tribe. However, I still think his basketball playing days are numbered. Perimeter players scheduled to be on scholarship in 13-14:

Carlino - JR
                  Haws - JR
                  Halford - JR
                  Winder - JR
                  Collinsworth - SO
                  Fischer - SO (RS this year or would be a Junior)
                  Bartley - FR

No seniors and add Chatman for next year would mean that 8 of the 13 scholarship allocations are perimeter players. Someone is going to move along somehow. My prediction is based upon the roster as presently constituted is it will be Winder.
                  We need a GT 4 in the worst way. We are one injury away from 30 3-attempts per game. If that shooting percentage doesn't improve it's going to be a long 2014 campaign (2013 - 33%). Is Brock selling pest control yet?
                  "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Oldest is a stud volleyball player at Lone Peak High. I think she will be a senior next year.
                    Sat next to her and her dad at a basketball game. She is about 6'2" and it sounded like she could really play ball but I couldn't say for certain. She looked like an athlete and her mom definitely knew the game.

Comment

• Curtis Brown and his former volleyballer wife just had triplets.

http://www.kutv.com/news/top-stories...8.shtml?wap=0&

I like the football and volleyball mix. Too bad Jimmer's kids will be 5'8".
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                        Curtis Brown and his former volleyballer wife just had triplets.

Boundary Corner.
                        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                          Boundary Corner.
                          CB will have two of them in 18 years.
                          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                            Curtis Brown and his former volleyballer wife just had triplets.

Move over DDD, there's a new DDD.
                            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Mike Hall has been in the Bahamas several times over the past few months. Looks like he is recruiting 6'8 200 pound forward Kentwan Smith. Smith started his career at ULL and then transferred to a jc. He averaged 10 and 5 in only 16 minutes per game last year. Shot 52% from the floor.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
                              *Banned*

Comment

Mike Hall has been in the Bahamas several times over the past few months. Looks like he is recruiting 6'8 200 pound forward Kentwan Smith. Smith started his career at ULL and then transferred to a jc. He averaged 10 and 5 in only 16 minutes per game last year. Shot 52% from the floor.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
                                Why does a guy that averages 10 and 5 in only 16 mpg only get 16 mpg?

Comment

Working...
                                X