bb recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
    It looks like his offers were from BYU, USU, Utah, and CSU. When he committed to USU their comparison was to the Green kid that was just on their team.
    These are basically the exact same schools Loveridge had offers from (plus Weber). Yet one was a fairly high profile recruit (at least in local terms) and this kid hardly anyone knew about. Weird.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
      These are basically the exact same schools Loveridge had offers from (plus Weber). Yet one was a fairly high profile recruit (at least in local terms) and this kid hardly anyone knew about. Weird.
      heard nothing about this kid, but always good to steal one from stew morrill.

Comment

• Anyone know anything about Leo Svete? Kid out of South Bend area. 6'4" guard. Class of 2013. BYU is recruiting him according to several sources and will be in the gym to watch him this week. Must be LDS I assume. We're pretty guard heavy. This kind of surprises me.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

• Cooper Ainge Dannys middle son will walk on next season as a point guard.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsre...danny.html.csp
          *Banned*

Comment

• Cooper Ainge highlights:

[YOUTUBE]k6M_u3XWRu0[/YOUTUBE]

Doesn't really blow me away but as a walk-on he should be a decent pick up. One thing I will say he uses both hands equally well.
            Last edited by cougjunkie; 10-04-2011, 10:47 AM.
            *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
              Cooper Ainge Dannys middle son will walk on next season as a point guard.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsre...danny.html.csp
              I'm guessing he follows his two older brothers and goes on a mission, which means that he'll practice as a frosh, then we may see him again in 3 years.

Comment

• Man he looks like Austin. It's too bad Danny's kids weren't half as good as he was.
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  Man he looks like Austin. It's too bad Danny's kids weren't half as good as he was.
                  We really need to do something to prevent this from happening again.
                  Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Any comments on this?

http://www.cougaruteforum.com/showthread.php?t=50441

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                      Young kid. Decent size and feet. I like that he throws it down every chance he gets. But that could have just been the editing.
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                        Cooper Ainge highlights:

[YOUTUBE]k6M_u3XWRu0[/YOUTUBE]

Doesn't really blow me away but as a walk-on he should be a decent pick up. One thing I will say he uses both hands equally well.
                        Unfortunately he looks like an upgrade over Martineau and Zylstra. I keep wondering what Rose's plans were if Carlino hadn't fallen in his lap.
                        "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
                        —Abraham Maslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          Young kid. Decent size and feet. I like that he throws it down every chance he gets. But that could have just been the editing.
                          Meh. He looks a lot like the type of player who always dunks it when he has a chance to get a 4-step run at a wide open basket but is going to be frustrated when he's actually playing against capable players his size. I suppose most big guys have to learn to deal with that when they get to college. Also, he doesn't look 6'8" (eye-ball test combined with the fact that every HS kid inflates his height by at least an inch). Decent enough jumper, though, and he's young. He's certainly a better caliber prospect than Magnussen or Zylstra, but i'm not sure he's the type of player you lock in as a junior. That said, if he continues to grow and improve, we'll be glad we locked him up early.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            Meh. He looks a lot like the type of player who always dunks it when he has a chance to get a 4-step run at a wide open basket but is going to be frustrated when he's actually playing against capable players his size. I suppose most big guys have to learn to deal with that when they get to college. Also, he doesn't look 6'8" (eye-ball test combined with the fact that every HS kid inflates his height by at least an inch). Decent enough jumper, though, and he's young. He's certainly a better caliber prospect than Magnussen or Zylstra, but i'm not sure he's the type of player you lock in as a junior. That said, if he continues to grow and improve, we'll be glad we locked him up early.
                            I agree with much of what you said. I balance most of my general comments on the fact that he was a sophomore in that video. That he seems aggressive at a young age to me is important. Hopefully, he expands his repertoire though.

Also, that looks like Mangum in the video. I didn't know he played ball too.
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              Also, he doesn't look 6'8" (eye-ball test combined with the fact that every HS kid inflates his height by at least an inch).
                              This was the main concern I had. If he's a legit 6'8, he seems to be a good 4 prospect in Rose's system.

Comment

• Cory Calvert could end up being a nice player if the Brian Green comparisons hold water, im less excited about shaw

Comment

Working...
                                X