BYU Basketball 2023-2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by byufan4ever View Post
    What did ya'll think of Kevin Young on his press conference / introduction on BYUTV? His personality is almost polar opposite of Mark Pope. Whereas Pope is very rah rah very super enthusiastic (almost fake enthusiasm I would say), Young is very low key. He seemed kinda monotone when he was talking. Maybe he was nervous? Or maybe he's just super chill. I was hoping for a little more enthusiasm, as that can be contagious. But, I'm 100% behind him. LET'S GOOOO!
    He was a bit monotone but I agree with others that he brings a sincerity and guineness that didn’t exist before. I found it great (and surprising) that he openly said that a NBA head coaching position was not his dream job. Part of me feels like he and his wife see this as an opportunity to make a lot of money, live in a place they love and that has multitudes of outdoor activity possibilities, let him recruit and develop kids which is really what he loves to do and not have a father that is constantly on the road 9 months of the year.

Of course, if he kills it at BYU and gets an offer for $10mm a year he’ll probably be gone, but for now I’m buying the sincerity.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• So Khalifa is on to Louisville. Hope he says thank you on his way out.

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Whew, he did. Thank goodness!

I loved this guy and wish him well.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Funny how we're not so worried about recruiting now that we have Kevin Young lol.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Mark Pope on an espn interview with the Freudian slip saying "cougars" and having to correct to say" Kentucky" was hilarious

Comment

• Man what a difference a day makes. Now I'm cheering for the Suns against the T Wolves! Down is up! Up is Down!
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                Mark Pope on an espn interview with the Freudian slip saying "cougars" and having to correct to say" Kentucky" was hilarious
                HE FINALLY ACKOWLEDGED US!!! LET'S GOOOOOOO!!!!

Comment

• Hmmmmmm. If this means what is suggested, dude is going to get a major pay raise.

Comment

• Not cashing in.

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                      Not cashing in.

I am not upset at all by this news

Comment

• Weird that Jarom Jordan posted it though. I've always assumed those guys have at least some inside info.

Comment

• So the rumored list of interest in Hall has at least 10 schools including BYU, Utah, and USU in state. Also Cincinnati in the Big 12, 3 ACC schools, and one SEC school but not Kentucky. I'm actually feeling optimistic we can keep him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                            So the rumored list of interest in Hall has at least 10 schools including BYU, Utah, and USU in state. Also Cincinnati in the Big 12, 3 ACC schools, and one SEC school but not Kentucky. I'm actually feeling optimistic we can keep him.
                            Duke and UVA are on that list. I'm concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                              So the rumored list of interest in Hall has at least 10 schools including BYU, Utah, and USU in state. Also Cincinnati in the Big 12, 3 ACC schools, and one SEC school but not Kentucky. I'm actually feeling optimistic we can keep him.
                              Surprising that so many schools are interested in such a mediocre point guard.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

Duke and UVA are on that list. I'm concerned.
                                I doubt Duke is recruiting him as a starter.
                                "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Working...
                                X