Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man the lifeboats, it looks like the SS Utah Basketball has hit an iceberg.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Cue the "we're doomed!" posts.
    Sadly, it wouldn't be as sarcastic. I called my bro and told him that now may be a good time to secure season tickets in the lower bowl as competition will not be very steep.
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Jim Boylen era we hardly knew ye and you will soon come to an end. This is pretty much it for Boylen. Even if he is the best coach in the country, he clearly cannot run a program when he is having this epic of a attrition. Add to the fact that his recruiting is extremely suspect when he cannot even get Rodgers (with a pretty good promise of immediate playing time) in the top 3. It is one thing to lose out on a guy to BYU, it is another to have Utah St in his top 3 over Utah.

Boylen is a better coach than Giacoletti and it isn't even close, but I'm not sure he is any better of a recruiter. You can get by with mediocre recruiting if you are a Majerus level coach and Boylen is no Majerus. What a clusterfuck.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Is Henderson still going to be much better than Jimmer?
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          Is Henderson still going to be much better than Jimmer?
          Yes and Utah is going to win 20 games next year, Henderson is going to be first team MWC and an all-american.
          *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            Yes and Utah is going to win 20 games next year, Henderson is going to be first team MWC and an all-american.
            With how much you think of Henderson, you have to consider this a positive for the Utes next year.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

I don't consider losing Henderson much of a loss. I think Utah would only be good for 10-15 wins next season with or without the guy. There have to be some JC players out there who could do what Henderson was going to do this season.
              Last edited by CardiacCoug; 04-06-2010, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Where is this being reported? I haven't seen anything other than messageboard posts.
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                  Where is this being reported? I haven't seen anything other than messageboard posts.
                  As I hear it, Marshall's parents think he's a dumbass. And they desperately want him to stay and are trying to talk him into doing so. However he's been such a dick about this his teammates may not want him back even if he does change.

As for better than Jimmer, this just shows how important a good head on your shoulders is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Crimson View Post
                    As I hear it, Marshall's parents think he's a dumbass. And they desperately want him to stay and are trying to talk him into doing so. However he's been such a dick about this his teammates may not want him back even if he does change.

As for better than Jimmer, this just shows how important a good head on your shoulders is.
                    So nothing has happened yet? I haven't headed over to the Tech boards. Do you know what they're saying if anything? I agree with the parents if this is all true. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Or maybe he just misses Texas. Who knows, but it makes so little sense I have a hard believing he will transfer.

As for Hines, is there a link to him coming back? I thought he was making a bad decision in the first place, but I don't ever remember a player having an official transferred media release and then come back less than a month later. That would be interesting.
                    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                      So nothing has happened yet? I haven't headed over to the Tech boards. Do you know what they're saying if anything? I agree with the parents if this is all true. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Or maybe he just misses Texas. Who knows, but it makes so little sense I have a hard believing he will transfer.

As for Hines, is there a link to him coming back? I thought he was making a bad decision in the first place, but I don't ever remember a player having an official transferred media release and then come back less than a month later. That would be interesting.
                      Hines hasn't left school so it wouldn't be a big deal for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Crimson View Post
                        Hines hasn't left school so it wouldn't be a big deal for him.
                        Ahh. Ok. That makes more sense. I think Hines has a lot of potential. Of course I'm basing that on the last couple of games, so not a huge body of work. I do think he could be productive and a big upgrade over Tavita.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b26BD5KjH0
                          Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
                          Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
                          Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

Comment

I wouldn't worry. All is well.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Well, who wouldn't want to play for Pat Knight?
                              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                                Don't get discouraged Utes. It seems like yesterday that BYU was suffering through a one-win season and now look at us. Fourteen years later and we have a first round tourney victory under our belts. You'll get through this just fine.
                                I don't think it is the same thing. BYU has always had, and will always have, a built in recruiting base that will make it competitive as long as you don't have a coach or AD who gets in the way of it. That has happened at BYU, but basically this is not a formula that is easy to screw up.

Utah doesn't have the same luxury. We are at square one with this basketball program. We are not getting any benefit from the successes of the past right now. I don't mean to be a nattering nabob of negativity, but I'm not convinced that what Majerus did can be recaptured. It may not be possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X