Is Jimmer a trash whisperer?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Art Vandelay
    Striving for mediocrity
    • Jul 2009
    • 10516

    #1

    Is Jimmer a trash whisperer?

    I often observe Jimmer talking to opponents during the course of the game, but seeing as my TV volume doesn't go to 1000 and I don't read lips, I have no idea what he is saying (though one time I'm fairly certain I could hear, "We know many people believe in a Supreme Being, though they may call him by different names...). Generally the person he is talking to never looks too pleased, but that may do with the fact he just hit a running one-handed 40 footer or something else similarly ridiculous. Has Wrubbell or anyone else ever asked Brother Fredette about this?

    Also did anyone here the old guy on the MTN broadcast slip when talking about how to set an effective high screen, "its best if you bring up a black guy...errr.. BIG guy..."?
    Last edited by Art Vandelay; 01-25-2010, 09:50 AM.
  • SeattleUte
    Faith crisis consultant
    • Nov 2008
    • 20837

    #2
    lol horse whisperer trash whisperer; I get it.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

    --Jonathan Swift

    Comment

    • jay santos
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 13652

      #3
      He's from New York where your mouth automatically starts moving after you make a shot, so yeah I'd guess he has some trash talking in him.

      Comment

      • cougjunkie
        *Banned*
        • Nov 2008
        • 23223

        #4
        Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
        I often observe Jimmer talking to opponents during the course of the game, but seeing as my TV volume doesn't go to 1000 and I don't read lips, I have no idea what he is saying (though one time I fairly certain I could here, "we know many people believe in a Supreme Being, though they may call him by different names...). Generally the person he is talking to never looks too pleased, but that may do with the fact he just hit a running one-handed 40 footer or something else similarly ridiculous. Has Wrubbell or anyone else ever asked Brother Fredette about this?

        Also did anyone here the old guy on the MTN broadcast slip when talking about how to set an effective high screen, "its best if you bring up a black guy...errr.. BIG guy..."?
        I heard Cravens drop the black guy too last night. Lol!
        *Banned*

        Comment

        • SCcoug
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 7625

          #5
          Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
          Also did anyone here the old guy on the MTN broadcast slip when talking about how to set an effective high screen, "its best if you bring up a black guy...errr.. BIG guy..."?
          I heard that too. Made me laugh imagining some west Texas cowboy in a bolo tie and curly mustache commenting the game and letting a comment like that slip.

          Comment

          • Jeff Lebowski
            Corporate lackey for Jesus
            • Nov 2008
            • 69731

            #6
            I love listening to Cravens. He is awesome.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

            Comment

            • Bastage
              Junior Member
              • Jan 2010
              • 298

              #7
              After he kills a guy to the rim, I notice sometimes Jimmer will pick up his man in the backcourt. But he's just staring him down with a smirk on his face because Jimmer knows they can't stop him.

              Comment

              • FN Phat
                I ♥ gateway sex
                • Feb 2009
                • 8691

                #8
                Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                He's from New York where your mouth automatically starts moving after you make a shot, so yeah I'd guess he has some trash talking in him.
                It isn't just a New York thing. It includes most of the east coast.
                I'm your huckleberry.


                "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

                Comment

                • scottie
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 5247

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  I love listening to Cravens. He is awesome.
                  I agree, Cravens does a good job.

                  Comment

                  • Goatnapper'96
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 10924

                    #10
                    Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                    It isn't just a New York thing. It includes most of the east coast.
                    There is an east coast that is not part of the 5 bourroughs?
                    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                    -General George S. Patton

                    I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                    -DOCTOR Wuap

                    Comment

                    • Goatnapper'96
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 10924

                      #11
                      Originally posted by scottie View Post
                      I agree, Cravens does a good job.
                      I think Cravens could get a more national gig. I wonder if he wants to stay in Utah to be close to the Church or something.......
                      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                      -General George S. Patton

                      I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                      -DOCTOR Wuap

                      Comment

                      • Pheidippides
                        Liberal Feminazi
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 14759

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                        There is an east coast that is not part of the 5 4 bourroughs?
                        I fixed it for you. Nobody cares about Staten Island.
                        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

                        Comment

                        • Art Vandelay
                          Striving for mediocrity
                          • Jul 2009
                          • 10516

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                          I think Cravens could get a more national gig. I wonder if he wants to stay in Utah to be close to the Church or something.......
                          He lives in Utah? Where does James Bates live? My guess would be Denver. I think Bates is a good play by play guy, but he definitely strikes me as someone trying to use the podunk MTN as a stepping stone to something better (not that I blame him).

                          Comment

                          • il Padrino Ute
                            Junior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 19161

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                            There is an east coast that is not part of the 5 bourroughs?
                            You know as well as I do that the real trash talking comes from the streets of Poughkeepsie. US 9 is the route to making you look bad.
                            "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                            "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                            Comment

                            Working...