2020 Post-Election Thread...let's talk about it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    This would be healthy in the long run. The republican party needs to burn to the ground and get rebuilt.
    If the Dems win I hope they outlaw fossil fuels and the vehicles that use them, coal, and all that sh*t. And that energy prices go through the roof so the entire country is paying 50 cents a kilo watt hour like California. Then my new solar system will pay for itself in less time.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
      i'm going to drink a liter of malibu rum and eat a crown burger (no junior!!) and onion rings
      Some liquor stores are open until 10:00 p.m. again.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Who do I have to bang to ensure the QAnon grifter Burgess Owens doesn't win and spend 2 years absolutely embarrassing Utah?
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
          Who do I have to bang to ensure the QAnon grifter Burgess Owens doesn't win and spend 2 years absolutely embarrassing Utah?
          Burgess Owens. I'm sorry.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
            While I agree, I'm more than a little worried about the short run. That's why I hope the GOP keeps the Senate. I don't think the Democrats are bluffing when they talk about expanding and packing the Supreme Court.
            This probably best describes me too.

I'm torn between wanting Trump and the GOP to be crushed so that he goes away forever and the GOP rebuilds, and being concerned that a Dem landslide might be taken as a clear mandate to implement Dem policies from green new deal to court packing. When the reality is that it is much more a mandate that people are tired of Trump and want him to go away.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
              i'm going to drink a liter of malibu rum and eat a crown burger (no junior!!) and onion rings
              I’m sorry times are tough.

I don’t know anyone over 23 with a job who drinks MR.

Comment

Originally posted by fusnik View Post
                My hope is this:

Huge Trump loss
                Senate flipped
                House +10 D
                Americans have shown over and over in the past 50 years that they like divided government. They dont trust either side and figure that we should set the dogs on each other. Whatever sea change there is in our electors, it will just flip back the other way during the next election.

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  I don't think that's where the (D)s want to expend all their new-found political capital, should they come out victorious. They ought to just start kicking ass, get the covid stuff out, fix our bullshit immigration system that has about 200 new administratively-placed monkey wrenches in it, and pass some bills. I am not concerned about the Supreme Court-- Clarence Thomas and Alito can ESAD, but until then we can ride with a conservative court.
                  I'm hopeful for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                    This probably best describes me too.

I'm torn between wanting Trump and the GOP to be crushed so that he goes away forever and the GOP rebuilds, and being concerned that a Dem landslide might be taken as a clear mandate to implement Dem policies from green new deal to court packing. When the reality is that it is much more a mandate that people are tired of Trump and want him to go away.
                    You think Joe Manchin, Elise Slotkin and Joe Biden are going to pass a crazy GND/court packing?

GTFOH.

Comment

I don't think that's where the (D)s want to expend all their new-found political capital, should they come out victorious. They ought to just start kicking ass, get the covid stuff out, fix our bullshit immigration system that has about 200 new administratively-placed monkey wrenches in it, and pass some bills. I am not concerned about the Supreme Court-- Clarence Thomas and Alito can ESAD, but until then we can ride with a conservative court.
                      It would be awesome if the dems spend their political capital finally fixing immigration. I'm all for that.

Comment

Originally posted by wapiti View Post
                        It would be awesome if the dems spend their political capital finally fixing immigration. I'm all for that.
                        We immigration advocates have been abused for so long it's like Stockholm syndrome. If they throw us the DREAM Act we'd be happy, but with a (D) legislature, we want to land Moby Dick and get rid of IRAIRA
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

desperate times
                          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Burgess Owens. I'm sorry.
                            desperate times
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

When I was 16-years old, I went to a Ute game in the old Rice Stadium. The people in the row behind me had snuck in a 64 ounce mug with peppermint schnapps into the game. I didn't realize at the time how pathetic and sad it was.
                              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                                When I was 16-years old, I went to a Ute game in the old Rice Stadium. The people in the row behind me had snuck in a 64 ounce mug with peppermint schnapps into the game. I didn't realize at the time how pathetic and sad it was.
                                Funk, I am glad that you finally realize that being a ute fan is pathetic and sad. Never too late to change, brother.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X