2020 General Presidential Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

Two senile men who are terrible at police reform. I am sooooo excited about this election.

Biden's still way better than Trump, but still. Yay 2020 in America.
    He starts off ok, in that there are things that should change about police training. More fundamentally, our laws should change to keep police from using force when it's unneccessary. But we as a people generally trust our police to use only the force that is necessary. The tide might be changing on that.

He also hits on the 21 foot knife rule. If someone has a knife within 21 feet of a police officer, deadly force is justified. It will be interesting to see if this rule is ever successfully challenged with video evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
      I never said Obama was anything but a missed opportunity for immigration reform [...]
      President Obama's years in office were, for all intents and purposes, the 3rd and 4th terms of George W. Bush.
      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
      You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
        He starts off ok, in that there are things that should change about police training. More fundamentally, our laws should change to keep police from using force when it's unneccessary. But we as a people generally trust our police to use only the force that is necessary. The tide might be changing on that.

He also hits on the 21 foot knife rule. If someone has a knife within 21 feet of a police officer, deadly force is justified. It will be interesting to see if this rule is ever successfully challenged with video evidence.
        LOL my dumb ass #maga brother thinks that the '21 foot rule' applies to civilians. I told him it wasn't true and don't go to jail because of what some hack at a firearms seminar told him. It turned into an ugly fb thread and I guess he's siding with the legal hack at the firearms seminar.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
          LOL my dumb ass #maga brother thinks that the '21 foot rule' applies to civilians. I told him it wasn't true and don't go to jail because of what some hack at a firearms seminar told him. It turned into an ugly fb thread and I guess he's siding with the legal hack at the firearms seminar.
          I wouldn't want to use that rule as a basis for killing someone, mostly because I don't want to kill anyone, but also can you imagine the litigation afterwards?

Hey talking about dummies and the 21 foot rule, I once listened to a cop describe the rule to others but was off by a factor of 10. He thought it was a 210 foot rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
            I wouldn't want to use that rule as a basis for killing someone, mostly because I don't want to kill anyone, but also can you imagine the litigation afterwards?

Hey talking about dummies and the 21 foot rule, I once listened to a cop describe the rule to others but was off by a factor of 10. He thought it was a 210 foot rule.

Yeah- I'm sure his mention of the 21 foot rule was rooted in tuff guy talk, but I was just trying to lighten the mood by posting, "Hey! That's not true- please don't go to jail!- your brother". Yeah no idea why people are so hung up on letting people know they are going to shoot people that come into their house uninvited. I hear home invasions are a huge problem in Eastern Idaho, a place so safe that nobody locks any doors.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• So - just to clarify Biden's statement...

He does realize that someone with a knife is not considered unarmed, right?

Either way - I'm not sure I'm taking self-defense lessons from Biden. This is the guy who thinks you should just fire off a shotgun from your back porch if there's people out there you're worried about. I don't see that going well for your average citizen once the cops arrive.

Comment

• I don’t see how a 21-foot knife will help anyone.
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                  Yeah thanks Ted. I know Joe has a bad history of criminal justice reform. I wish there was a better candidate out there. Now go do your homework and find the multiple videos of Trump being clearly worse than Biden.
                  He's probably busy hanging out with edgelord teens and tweens on 4chan talking about how badass Trump is and owning the libs.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                    Also, if you want Donald Trump to be reelected, keep it up anarchists. This plays into his hands, as did the events of 1968 play into Nixon’s.
                    Amen.

It may be too early to draw conclusions: the riots have yet to stop. But that in itself allows a conclusion to be drawn. November’s election, like every other, will be decided by the floating voters, the white, middle-class suburbanites who have fled from the cost, disorder and danger of Democrat-run cities. On Saturday night, twenty-five cities, including Los Angeles and Chicago, were under curfew. Almost all of them are run by the Democrats, and many have been run by the Democrats for decades. Trump’s response to the real-world riots – calls for order, the National Guard and banning Antifa as a terrorist organisation – tells fearful voters that he is on their side, not the side of political correctness and corporatism. The President who was supposed to be above the law now has the best chance to run on law and order than any candidate since Richard Nixon after the riots of 1968.
                    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Uh oh

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Uh oh... looks like Drumpf got like 60,000 more votes than all the Dems combined:

IndianaResults.jpg

https://www.politico.com/2020-election/results/indiana/

I am guessing the Dems were out rioting in the streets and burning down buildings why the GOP'ers were voting.

"If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                          Uh oh... looks like Drumpf got like 60,000 more votes than all the Dems combined:

[ATTACH]10251[/ATTACH]

https://www.politico.com/2020-election/results/indiana/

I am guessing the Dems were out rioting in the streets and burning down buildings why the GOP'ers were voting.

I gotta say, Ted, this is a true gem.

Uh oh indeed.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                            I gotta say, Ted, this is a true gem.

Uh oh indeed.
                            Seriously! The GOP only took the senate by about 130,000 votes in 2018. Don't know how Biden wins without Indiana.

Comment

• I have never seen a bunch so bad at reading the room.

Comment

• Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X