Docs amputate for $$

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hallelujah
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 2741

    #1

    Docs amputate for $$

    Damn those docs!



    This guy is as crazy as some of the protestors!
  • Jarid in Cedar
    CS Institutional Memory
    • Jun 2009
    • 13234

    #2
    Originally posted by Hallelujah View Post
    I would worry more if they amputated for free.
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

    "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

    "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

    -Rick Majerus

    Comment

    • Hallelujah
      Junior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 2741

      #3
      Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
      I would worry more if they amputated for free.

      Implication is that they amputate ONLY for money and not what is best for the patient.

      Comment

      • DU Ute
        RIP CUF
        • Dec 2008
        • 7393

        #4
        [YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/glf9nAo5Bc0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/glf9nAo5Bc0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
        "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
        "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
        "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

        Comment

        • Jarid in Cedar
          CS Institutional Memory
          • Jun 2009
          • 13234

          #5
          Originally posted by Hallelujah View Post
          Implication is that they amputate ONLY for money and not what is best for the patient.
          They dont' break it down by specialty. A surgeon definitely gets paid better to amputate. A internist definitely gets paid more to manage medically. The Mortician gets paid well when neither of them do their job. So each have their financial interests to treat a patient a certain way. to ignore that fact is foolish. It actually costs the system more to treat a diabetic foot ulcer medically than to amputate however, so that is where they are wrong.
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

          "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

          "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

          -Rick Majerus

          Comment

          Working...